Does Anyone remember Free Realms

worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Gurubashi

Does Anyone remember Free Realms

Unread post by worgpower »

Hello, I decided to make this thread to see if you all knew or remembered this game. It's called Free Realms. It was a child MMO that was made by SOE, and it was pretty similar to WOW. It had open world exploration, a few combat classes, and non combat pets just like WOW. What made it stand out is it's main purpose was not combat like WOW. You were able to play lots of fun minigames and socialize with people. It also had player housing. This game was my childhood and I knew and played it before I ever played WOW. It was released in 2009 and shut down in 2014. It had a huge playerbase.
FR.png
FR.png (1.2 MiB) Viewed 6935 times
misty-cool-parnell-soe-sanctuay.jpg
misty-cool-parnell-soe-sanctuay.jpg (184.11 KiB) Viewed 6934 times
Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Moon Guard

Re: Does Anyone remember Free Realms

Unread post by Bowno »

I remember playing a bit of it. It was pretty neat.
I had been trying to find info on one thing I'm 100% sure I did, but I can never bring anything up when searching.
There was like, some sort of seed you could buy (or find?) that would turn you into some sort of green dog creature. It had really cute animations and sounds. All I would do is get as many of that seed as I could and run around as it.
Though again, I cant find any info about this part ever existing... Which makes me very confused because I KNOW I did it lol

Siggy under construction!

worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Gurubashi

Unread post by worgpower »

Bowno wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 2:42 pm I remember playing a bit of it. It was pretty neat.
I had been trying to find info on one thing I'm 100% sure I did, but I can never bring anything up when searching.
There was like, some sort of seed you could buy (or find?) that would turn you into some sort of green dog creature. It had really cute animations and sounds. All I would do is get as many of that seed as I could and run around as it.
Though again, I cant find any info about this part ever existing... Which makes me very confused because I KNOW I did it lol
IMG_2623.jpeg
IMG_2623.jpeg (97.99 KiB) Viewed 6896 times
the creature your talking about was a vine golem wolf, they were also my favorite creature from the game, they’re pretty similar to wow’s mandragora, looking up the game and the stuff it had makes me miss it more
Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Bowno »

YEAH! That was it! I dont know why I couldnt find anything about it. They were so fun and cool.
It was a goofy website, but it was so much fun. T_T

Siggy under construction!