10.2 Guardians of the Dream: Beasts Thread

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Aroim
Pet Finder

Re: 10.2 Guardians of the Dream: Beasts Thread

Unread post by Aroim »

Maybe they want Henri to remain unique ^^
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Maybe! I want a red one, though 😢
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Aroim
Pet Finder

Unread post by Aroim »

Wain wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 12:33 am Maybe! I want a red one, though 😢
I like the eye color of the red one and it looks a bit like a cross between a skunk and a squirrel, I love it :D
But i would want the white one D:
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

I want skunks in their own family. One where they spray deadly chemicals from their butts while spinning. Put a "Stinky" debuff on nearby players and NPCs at the same time, too.

But since that's asking too much, I'll just say that I hope Henri finally opens up a gateway for more fun tames. Skunks are very clearly critters, and since we have two major precedents for tameable critters now (MoP caterpillars and DF skunk), maybe Blizzard will finally ease up and give us a critter family for things that aren't large beasts. After all, it would be a fun pet family full of random looks, and it could be as fun as the one thing we had in Shadowlands where we could turn into critters as Night Fae. The pets don't need to be viable; just fun. Having a big skunk is absolutely the definition of fun, even if taming him is going to be a nightmare for a while when the patch drops.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Gurubashi

Unread post by worgpower »

WerebearGuy wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 10:25 am I want skunks in their own family. One where they spray deadly chemicals from their butts while spinning. Put a "Stinky" debuff on nearby players and NPCs at the same time, too.

But since that's asking too much, I'll just say that I hope Henri finally opens up a gateway for more fun tames. Skunks are very clearly critters, and since we have two major precedents for tameable critters now (MoP caterpillars and DF skunk), maybe Blizzard will finally ease up and give us a critter family for things that aren't large beasts. After all, it would be a fun pet family full of random looks, and it could be as fun as the one thing we had in Shadowlands where we could turn into critters as Night Fae. The pets don't need to be viable; just fun. Having a big skunk is absolutely the definition of fun, even if taming him is going to be a nightmare for a while when the patch drops.
Skunks, ottuks and marsuuls should be put in a new weasel family, skunks and marsuuls are critter models themselves, they never looked like or fit in rodents, but they’re probably a placeholder in rodents, just like unicorn stags in bfa and cloud serpent in serpents during shadowlands, but they eventually got put in a better fit in this and the previous xpac
Kööna
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Zul'jin - US

Unread post by Kööna »

worgpower wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 11:11 am Skunks, ottuks and marsuuls should be put in a new weasel family
I hope they end up as tenacity pets too. I hate the fact cunning pets are useless when it comes to PvE. :(
Jalak
Realm: Goldrinn

Unread post by Jalak »

Oh and we're still missing the MoP beavers, that's a crime!

Also the raccoons, blizzard please!
Tsukina
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Shen'dralar

Unread post by Tsukina »

Jalak wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 1:48 am Oh and we're still missing the MoP beavers, that's a crime!

Also the raccoons, blizzard please!
Or yes, please, mine would be called SocksSon
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

It was too good to last. The coastal eel was changed to match the Eel-Serpent model. Kind of feels like a mockery since it was just given a bigger eel model. There was nothing wrong with eels floating via electromagnetic levitation. Oh well. Comes in what appears to be all five colors that are already available.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

WerebearGuy wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 12:03 am It was too good to last. The coastal eel was changed to match the Eel-Serpent model. Kind of feels like a mockery since it was just given a bigger eel model. There was nothing wrong with eels floating via electromagnetic levitation. Oh well. Comes in what appears to be all five colors that are already available.
Oh! Was that in today's build?
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

For all of you that have complained to me about Vesania over time, rest assured they've been removed after their latest abusive tirade.

Please let me know if you see them come back skulking.
Dialga
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Dialga »

I meannnn. I feel like Wain's been pretty clear on his stance and open about his role with the WoW developers and reporting any bugs/unintended tames/ect to them? He's said he's reports these things to them, the other mods have said he reports these things to them, it's been pretty public knowledge he/Petopia has a direct line to the devs and immediately report hunter-related bugs. And that covers all of them, even the harmless stuff, not pick-and-choosing. If a bug, even a popular one like the Direhorns/Elephants/whatever is posted here, he's reported it, that's been openly communicated for ages. I was under the impression everyone understood and acknowledged that, since it's, y'know, his site. ;)
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Has anyone playing the PTR seen Somnambulant Ori flying around before? In all the time I've played it, I admit I've only seen the owl perched in one place, but today I found them flying about.

It makes sense they should be moving, given their name (somnambulant = sleep walking, or walking about in a stupur). It's just the first time I've witnessed it.

(And they still don't retain their name when tamed, but at this stage it's not going to be changed before release, they're down to hotfix-only changes).

Somnambulant Ori.png
Somnambulant Ori.png (1.47 MiB) Viewed 36620 times
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Dialga wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 2:43 am I meannnn. I feel like Wain's been pretty clear on his stance and open about his role with the WoW developers and reporting any bugs/unintended tames/ect to them? He's said he's reports these things to them, the other mods have said he reports these things to them, it's been pretty public knowledge he/Petopia has a direct line to the devs and immediately report hunter-related bugs. And that covers all of them, even the harmless stuff, not pick-and-choosing. If a bug, even a popular one like the Direhorns/Elephants/whatever is posted here, he's reported it, that's been openly communicated for ages. I was under the impression everyone understood and acknowledged that, since it's, y'know, his site. ;)
Exactly. People are always wanting more pets made available from Blizz. A big reason why so much of that is done is because of Wain's open communication with them. That's why things should be made known here on the forums and reported to them. People can keep unintended tames and exploits to themselves since it is their choice, but doing so really isn't what this forum is about.
Tsukina
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Shen'dralar

Unread post by Tsukina »

I'm going to get involved in something that perhaps doesn't concern me (because I'm not an English speaker).

As always, first of all, I apologize for having to use an automatic translator, and if that causes something to not be understood, I am truly sorry.

Although, for me, losing special pets (which has happened to me, things like the Baby Wolf from Legion or more recently the Baby Dragon Horse), is something that bothers me, and the truth is, it hurts me, because I have never been able to have pets (until a few years ago, due to my disability) and having virtual pets (both in WoW and in other games) was a way to "alleviate" the desire, I also understand, as a programmer that I am, that if something does NOT It is destined to be tamed, and if this occurs, it can end up causing serious problems.

We are ALL adults, and we all know that these problems can exist.
- From pets with bugged and increased damage, or combat capabilities that they should NOT have (area damage or like the fire striders of the Wastelands, untouchable by npcs).
- Create server instability problems, by not being able to "understand" and know what to do with some pets, etc etc etc.

So although it is something that bothers me, I completely understand why it should be fixed.

And as adults, and knowing that there is a line of "reciprocity" between the forum and the dev who takes care of the pets, because let's be honest, hunters, we receive much more love than other classes, due to that "pipeline" of communication.

Things like Gaara, Fel Wolf, and now coming soon, Fire Owl or Thorn Beasts, are something that other classes DO NOT have and cannot even dream of having equivalent work things.

So that work that Wain does of "reporting" and "communication", apart from maintaining this forum as a refuge for wow pet lovers, I recognize and appreciate it, and I suppose the majority of users do, too.
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Tsukina wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 1:13 pm I'm going to get involved in something that perhaps doesn't concern me (because I'm not an English speaker).

As always, first of all, I apologize for having to use an automatic translator, and if that causes something to not be understood, I am truly sorry.

Although, for me, losing special pets (which has happened to me, things like the Baby Wolf from Legion or more recently the Baby Dragon Horse), is something that bothers me, and the truth is, it hurts me, because I have never been able to have pets (until a few years ago, due to my disability) and having virtual pets (both in WoW and in other games) was a way to "alleviate" the desire, I also understand, as a programmer that I am, that if something does NOT It is destined to be tamed, and if this occurs, it can end up causing serious problems.

We are ALL adults, and we all know that these problems can exist.
- From pets with bugged and increased damage, or combat capabilities that they should NOT have (area damage or like the fire striders of the Wastelands, untouchable by npcs).
- Create server instability problems, by not being able to "understand" and know what to do with some pets, etc etc etc.

So although it is something that bothers me, I completely understand why it should be fixed.

And as adults, and knowing that there is a line of "reciprocity" between the forum and the dev who takes care of the pets, because let's be honest, hunters, we receive much more love than other classes, due to that "pipeline" of communication.

Things like Gaara, Fel Wolf, and now coming soon, Fire Owl or Thorn Beasts, are something that other classes DO NOT have and cannot even dream of having equivalent work things.

So that work that Wain does of "reporting" and "communication", apart from maintaining this forum as a refuge for wow pet lovers, I recognize and appreciate it, and I suppose the majority of users do, too.
Well said Tsukina, I think your thoughts and feelings came across perfectly. :hug:
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

Every day we get closer without a tameable dark blue faerie dragon makes me sad.
Alchimie
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Alchimie »

I'd like to personally extend my heartfelt thanks to all of the hunters who helped with this thread. I really don't have time to play the PTR like I used to but threads like this helps me to plan out what to do with my off days.
Dialga
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Dialga »

https://www.wowhead.com/npc=209909/crabtankerous

^ Was not tameable on PTR, is on Live
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Dialga wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 12:58 am https://www.wowhead.com/npc=209909/crabtankerous

^ Was not tameable on PTR, is on Live
Thanks! Does it retain its name?