We don't have adult plant Dire Horn in game yet, right? [spoiler]?

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
ApiBiru

We don't have adult plant Dire Horn in game yet, right? [spoiler]?

Unread post by ApiBiru »

WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Re: We don't have adult plant Dire Horn in game yet, right? [spoiler]?

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

I want to call out AI generated imagery, but at the same time, there's a lot going on here that's very clearly too well done for an AI. I'm conflicted. As for the direhorn, no; the only plant direhorn we have is the battle pet from time rifts, Briarhorn Hatchling. If this is real, then we have even more dinosaur goodness on the horizon. Please let this leak be real.
Aroim
Pet Finder

Unread post by Aroim »

We've always had leaks in the last few years, why should it be different this time, it's not that unlikely ^^

Snowkitty ?
Maybe some kind of snow leopard
SylviaDragon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Drenden/illidan

Unread post by SylviaDragon »

i dont think this is AI generated. im not seeing any of the usual signs and that dino looks pretty legit. there is also a companion image to this i have seen floating around showing a demo gaming station for a con, like they would have at blizzcon to let people try out the game. the art shown on that screen matches up.
as for the kitty, looks like the druid cheetah. would be cool if they used that model out in the open world

Aroim
Pet Finder

Unread post by Aroim »

SylviaDragon wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 11:33 pm i dont think this is AI generated. im not seeing any of the usual signs and that dino looks pretty legit. there is also a companion image to this i have seen floating around showing a demo gaming station for a con, like they would have at blizzcon to let people try out the game. the art shown on that screen matches up.
as for the kitty, looks like the druid cheetah. would be cool if they used that model out in the open world
I don't think it's the cheetah. ears look too round and the back is also rather rounder and the head also seems wider ^^
Kilroy

Unread post by Kilroy »

Aroim wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 1:58 am
SylviaDragon wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 11:33 pm i dont think this is AI generated. im not seeing any of the usual signs and that dino looks pretty legit. there is also a companion image to this i have seen floating around showing a demo gaming station for a con, like they would have at blizzcon to let people try out the game. the art shown on that screen matches up.
I don't think it's the cheetah. ears look too round and the back is also rather rounder and the head also seems wider ^^
definitely looks like it's using the same skeleton, though. tameable reskin maybe? :]
Aroim
Pet Finder

Unread post by Aroim »

Kilroy wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 7:18 am
Aroim wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 1:58 am
definitely looks like it's using the same skeleton, though. tameable reskin maybe? :]
I it's just the basic skeleton of cats, they all look like this when they sit ^^
ApiBiru

Unread post by ApiBiru »

I feel that this is either a really great fake, a red herring by dev or the real deal. I'm leaning towards the later one.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

My only concern regarding it possibly being AI was that many examples of fake leaks aided by AI have been done recently. Some more... badly done than others. I want to believe, but until we see it at Blizzcon, everything is potentially fake. I really want a big ol' leafy direhorn though.
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

I saw a big reddit post debunking this.

A lot of the pictures use existing assets on wow, but tweaked to look new.

Which is not usually how Blizzard handles new expansions.

Still a chance it's real, but the evidence was pretty convincing for me.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

I don’t think that it is real. For example, the third picture just looks like Vol’dun with electrified harpies. Also, the positioning of the baby direhorn next to the adult one looks off.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Regardless of whether this leak is real, it wouldn't surprise me if we saw adult versions of the leafy direhorns in the next expansion! The minipets did have that feel like they were baby versions of another creature.

I think the consensus is now that this "leak" was a fake, but a fairly nice one.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Aroim
Pet Finder

Unread post by Aroim »

If it's fake, it's really well done, but I guess we'll know soon ^^
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Gurubashi

Unread post by worgpower »

I hope all of this is real, it looks cool, but my expectations are low
DannyGreen
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by DannyGreen »

Do I think it's real?
Honestly no. It seems a bit to much like a sticker set than anything else. Set things slapped onto a field. The dire horn is cool but it feels a lil convenient that we just got a mini one. There's no real action or feel to it.

Why are 90% of the models things we already have in game, what's really being shown off here?

Do I want it to be real?
I don't care I just want more dinosaurs, and more ferocity.
MAYBE SOME NEW CROCODILES!