Nah'qi, Ember of Regrowth

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Altered
Realm: Dath'remar and Yojamba

Nah'qi, Ember of Regrowth

Unread post by Altered »

Anyone have any ideas on how to tame this beautiful owl?
When you try to tame Nah'qi, text comes up saying "You have not proven yourself to this spirit"
Attachments
nahqi.PNG
nahqi.PNG (1.3 MiB) Viewed 246422 times
Rabenschrey
Realm: EU-Thrall

Re: Nah'qi, Ember of Regrowth

Unread post by Rabenschrey »

https://www.wow-petopia.com/npc.php?id=210908

It is not discovered yet, how to tame this beauty. The new faction does not have a tome for it. I hope it is not a raid drop, because i do not raid and had a hard time to get a tome out of uldir (?) after the content was done.
leandroxvil89
Realm: quelthalas

Unread post by leandroxvil89 »

Hello friends, I am new and I am interested in the topic of pets, I have a theory for the owl, both the item to make communion for a hunter, the flight form of the same owl for druids, they would be won BY WINNING THE MOUNT of the same model that gives firakk :( Excuse the capital letters, but that would be my sad theory :, that's why the item is linked to the account with any PC you win it, you can pass it to your hunter :,u sorry for using google translator :,u
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

I'm not sure if the druid form and the hunter pet items will be tied, but if I go to the barbershop on my druid and preview the flight form, it does list the mount specifically as the source.
Attachments
Image1.png
Image1.png (720.01 KiB) Viewed 246271 times
leandroxvil89
Realm: quelthalas

Unread post by leandroxvil89 »

That is the clue I took for my theory: that the mount itself will give us all that if we win it for druids and hunters :,u
Talihawk
Petopia Artist
Realm: Dalaran

Unread post by Talihawk »

That would really suck. :(
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Gurubashi

Unread post by worgpower »

Huge L, especially if a pet is not that useful, like blood beasts, they may have a ranged slow, but they are tenacity, if they were ferocity, they’d be no. 1. Na’qi is a spirit beast so it’s ok to be tenacity, the hunter gains 3 heals from it, two from the pet, one from the hunter
viaradda

Unread post by viaradda »

Vephriel wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 6:49 pm I'm not sure if the druid form and the hunter pet items will be tied, but if I go to the barbershop on my druid and preview the flight form, it does list the mount specifically as the source.
This is actually good evidence against the mount being the source; if it were, there would be no need for a separate item to unlock taming.

I'm hoping that it's like the Shadowlands Eternal Traveler transmog set where you need to find someone with the mount, but don't need it yourself.
Zoruaronan
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Thrall

Unread post by Zoruaronan »

I'm not usually one to be so negative about a new hunter pet, Especially one such as cool as Nah'qi.. But if the item to get it is going to be from getting the mount from mythic raiding, Then this might be the hardest and most frustrating pet to ever achieve in WoW. What were once the days of sitting down and waiting for a spawn (With some competition), Is now jumping through all these unnecessary hoops and hurdles to get an exclusive pet locked to a specific spec that doesn't even do good. :(

I apologize for being so negative.. But the way I currently see Nah'qi is just.. very negative. BM Hunter already struggles enough as is doing good DPS and if you're a casual person or just busy all the time like me.. You don't exactly have the free time to do mythic raiding just for a single chance at a mount drop. So locking an exclusive hunter pet behind said drop is kind of ridiculous. At least when we got Blood Beasts, The bare minimum you had to do was kill Zul on regular difficulty and now that its somewhat old content, You can solo it for the most part. But this.. This is too much for me personally and what frustrates me even more is that its BM Exclusive. yet the only currently Viable pets for BM are Clefthooves.. Basically making Nah'qi a flex pet due to tenacity (And really most pets) being insufficient at Tanking in comparison to Clefthooves and their ridiculous & OP Family Abilities.

Again, Apologies for my Tangent, But this feels a bit ridiculous for a single hunter pet, Hopefully this won't be the case for Nah'qi and it will be a secret pet with a hidden item somewhere, But as of right now, I believe this will most likely be from getting the Mount.
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

Zoruaronan wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 8:47 pm I'm not usually one to be so negative about a new hunter pet, Especially one such as cool as Nah'qi.. But if the item to get it is going to be from getting the mount from mythic raiding, Then this might be the hardest and most frustrating pet to ever achieve in WoW.
I'll gladly be negative about it. No pet in any circumstance whatsoever, should be locked behind content that only 0.1% (if not lower) of players participate in.

This is worse than when they tried to lock bloodbeasts behind Heroic Zul that had to be defeated by a group of all hunters even though raid bosses are immune to Growl.

I'm just as annoyed at the fact they put not one, but TWO battle pets behind raid achievements this time.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Yeah, I'll be sorely disappointed if that turns out to be the case. And I don't even particularly want to tame it, I just think it would be a really poor decision.

But we don't know for sure, yet. It could still be available at high Dream Wardens renown. I'm not sure what the highest rep is that any hunter has reached, at this stage. Maybe in the coming week or two we'll know for sure.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

Apparently, someone in Europe has tamed Nah'qi. Someone over on the Secret Finder discord posted a link to their profile, and sure enough, they have a pet named Nah'qi. There's no way to put the apostrophe in the name manually, so that person genuinely tamed it already somehow. Not sure if I can drop their name and profile here, but as of right now, you can find a link to it in the discord under the hunter pets channel. Strangely, most of their pets (and battle pets) show as blue and white cubes.
Aroim
Pet Finder

Unread post by Aroim »

WerebearGuy wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 8:48 am Apparently, someone in Europe has tamed Nah'qi. Someone over on the Secret Finder discord posted a link to their profile, and sure enough, they have a pet named Nah'qi. There's no way to put the apostrophe in the name manually, so that person genuinely tamed it already somehow. Not sure if I can drop their name and profile here, but as of right now, you can find a link to it in the discord under the hunter pets channel. Strangely, most of their pets (and battle pets) show as blue and white cubes.
Uh.. maybe it's not from the raid then ?

a Twitterpost i saw: I see someone with Nah'qi, but he never reply me when i ask when he got the Item..
so someone found out..but don't share it, wow
Last edited by Aroim on Tue Nov 14, 2023 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

If the Armory is valid then it can’t be from the raid. Unless they used an exploit to tame it. Is it possible some hunters are now renown 25 from using that rep cheat a bunch of players just got penalised for? If so, maybe it’s from that?
Aroim
Pet Finder

Unread post by Aroim »

Wain wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 10:46 am If the Armory is valid then it can’t be from the raid. Unless they used an exploit to tame it. Is it possible some hunters are now renown 25 from using that rep cheat a bunch of players just got penalised for? If so, maybe it’s from that?
he is only renown 7 so i don't think so
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I wonder what it is, then 🤔
Aroim
Pet Finder

Unread post by Aroim »

maybe an ultra rare drop from a rare mob? xD I haven't seen some rares yet
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

On the (possibly) bright side, we at least know it can be tamed now and not later. It's just a matter of figuring out where the flaming kidney stone drops from. From personal testing;
- doesn't drop from following Nah'qi closely on its ~18 minute path
- doesn't (seem to) drop from Smoldering Raven (I tried because Kaliri are basically owls) or as a reward from taming them (that respawn time is AWFUL for testing that)
- doesn't drop when hitting Nah'qi with fire damage, such as from the buff "Flame Seed"
- doesn't drop when you yell profanities at the monitor. WoW doesn't have voice recognition yet, so that's unsurprising
- doesn't drop from killing Nah'qi (makes sense)

All things in good time. Just have to keep waiting, something we should all be painfully used to by now. One thing I wanted to try but couldn't remember how to try was to check for those burning treant enemies. I swear I saw some before, and wanted to kill them to see if they dropped the item, but I can't even find them in the database now.
Vaart

Unread post by Vaart »

Someone posted in the Hunter discord a video on how to get it and with other hunters posting screenshots to confirm it works.

The way to do it so far is with a bug/exploit. I can't say how because it's against Petopia rules but with some search shouldn't be hard to find.

Everyone that I've seen with Nah'qi when asked confirmed they tamed it with the discord method, so the search for the Cinder of Companionship continues.
Last edited by Vaart on Tue Nov 14, 2023 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Xcreeping
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Xcreeping »

Its also explained in the blizzard bug section