Nah'qi, Ember of Regrowth

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Re: Nah'qi, Ember of Regrowth

Unread post by Maizou »

Vephriel wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 4:10 am We have 4 hunters in my raid group, so far none of us have seen a drop on normal full clears and partial heroics. I've yet to hear of any drops in any of my communities or other friends yet either. It could be that it's a rare drop from other bosses/difficulties, but I do feel that there would have been some more confirmed comments and sightings by now so I'm taking things with a grain of salt.
It's less "I doubt them entirely because it's them" and more "We've had 4 days to kill Fyrakk on Normal/Mythic and they're literally the only one saying it dropped for them." that bothers me.

So out of alllllll the hunters in the world, the only one it dropped for is someone who ADMITS they don't share exploit tames?

Seems more likely they got an exploit tame, don't want to say how, and is trying to fake legitimacy with photoshopping the item.
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

While I don't personally have plans to tame this spirit beast, I'm somewhat invested in the result of it now. It really is a shame how volatile this whole event has become. I just don't think a pet is worth creating this much hostility between players, so I personally disagree with how the Cinder was released. I understand prestige with mounts and gear, but a single pet that is only tameable for one spec just doesn't measure up in needing to be this restricted, it seems to have caused nothing but strife within the community and it's disappointing to see. I hope the devs reconsider this method for future taming ideas after this.

I'm not against them experimenting with different ways of taming, but this one gets a no from me. Challenge tames and methods that let us use our toolkit are more interesting and more compelling than something like this.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

As a curious aside, I checked the stables of the 6 hunters that have killed Mythic Fyrakk and none of them have it tamed it seems. One of the Liquid hunters has a couple Sul'rakas tamed.
Vephriel wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 4:53 am While I don't personally have plans to tame this spirit beast, I'm somewhat invested in the result of it now. It really is a shame how volatile this whole event has become. I just don't think a pet is worth creating this much hostility between players, so I personally disagree with how the Cinder was released. I understand prestige with mounts and gear, but a single pet that is only tameable for one spec just doesn't measure up in needing to be this restricted, it seems to have caused nothing but strife within the community and it's disappointing to see. I hope the devs reconsider this method for future taming ideas after this.

I'm not against them experimenting with different ways of taming, but this one gets a no from me. Challenge tames and methods that let us use our toolkit are more interesting and more compelling than something like this.
Well said, as usual!
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

It’s possible that they just don’t really care for the owl and have chosen not to tame it, or maybe the Armory hasn’t updated yet.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

I reserve the right to say that the armory is pretty awful, because we've seen it be less than stellar. Checkerboard cubes, pet images not showing up, Lightning Paw being like two pixels, and so on. The armory is definitely not the best thing to work with lol. Likewise, the point about them just not taming it is very much valid; there are hunters who don't really care about their pet choice. They just get what they need and that's it. Nothing wrong with that, but being weird is just normal in modern times after all!

That said, I have many choice words for how dumb the decision for it to be a raid drop is. If it was a guaranteed reward for just killing Fyrakk, then it'd be fine. So instead, just consider me as Cartman singing about Kyle's mom, with Kyle's mom being whoever the bozo is behind this design choice lol.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

WerebearGuy wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 5:19 pm I reserve the right to say that the armory is pretty awful, because we've seen it be less than stellar. Checkerboard cubes, pet images not showing up, Lightning Paw being like two pixels, and so on. The armory is definitely not the best thing to work with lol. Likewise, the point about them just not taming it is very much valid; there are hunters who don't really care about their pet choice. They just get what they need and that's it. Nothing wrong with that, but being weird is just normal in modern times after all!
No reservation needed! You're right, and I was just curious is all. You mentioned Lightning Paw and sure enough, mine is just a mere couple pixels too. A shame we can't trust the armory, I like looking at people's stables.
Dysphoria
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Dysphoria »

Just an update on the source for the Cinder to drop; another guild killed Fyrakk on Mythic today. A rogue won the mount (Reins of Anu'relos, Flame's Guidance) and when he learned it, the Cinder dropped into his inventory. So it appears it may be account-wide also. Proof in the video below:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1994562531?t=371m14s

and the rogue learning the Cinder:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1994562531?t=06h32m22s
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

I think that pretty much confirms that it is supposed to drop only from Mythic Fyrakk. If it was supposed to drop on other difficulties, someone would've given a valid report by now.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Gurubashi

Unread post by worgpower »

I wonder if he also learned the Druid form on a non Druid character, I’m curious since I started tanking a little on Druid
Dysphoria
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

worgpower wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 7:56 pm I wonder if he also learned the Druid form on a non Druid character, I’m curious since I started tanking a little on Druid
Yes. The rogue also learned the druid flight form of the mount as well:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1994562531?t=06h12m05s

So it looks like there will be quite a few alts out there (druid and hunter) that have either the druid flight form or Nah'qi.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

This does make it better. As long as you get the mount on one character, then you unlock the pet and the druid form on others.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

A grain of salt in an ocean of piss, I say. A nice little bonus is all well and good, but humbug to the fact that the bird's trapped behind a mythic raid drop. That empty space in my spirit beast collection is going to be haunting for a while...
Talihawk
Petopia Artist
Realm: Dalaran

Unread post by Talihawk »

That so sucks. I really HATE uber elitist things. Not everyone plays FOTM or classes that are always wanted in pugs, or has a ton of extra cash to throw away on buying a raid carry. I so hope Blizz never pulls a tame like this again. It's so disappointing.
Dysphoria
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

WerebearGuy wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 11:05 pm A grain of salt in an ocean of piss, I say. A nice little bonus is all well and good, but humbug to the fact that the bird's trapped behind a mythic raid drop.
I wrote a post a couple of pages back saying that if the pet was tied to getting the last boss of a mythic raid down, that it would be interesting to see how folks react, as it has NEVER been done this way before and this would probably affect the way Blizzard does this in future expansions. From what I have seen on this site and from others, people's opinions tend to fall into either 1 of 3 categories:

1. It's GOOD that the pet is only obtainable from Mythic.
2. Don't care either way.
3. It's BAD that the pet is only obtainable from Mythic.

From the feedback I have seen on the wow forums, it tends to be pretty even across all 3 categories. I think that us Petopians are probably biased a little more towards the third option though.
Last edited by Dysphoria on Tue Dec 05, 2023 12:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

I would have an issue with it if it was an entire family locked behind Mythic. Since it is a single pet, I don't really see it as being a big deal. We have hundreds if not thousands of pets to choose from. Druids have far less customization than we do and, as far as I can tell, there haven't been threads of them complaining about their fire owl form being locked behind Mythic.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Gurubashi

Unread post by worgpower »

The fire owl form is actually useful and 100% permanent as opposed to nah’qi which has the option to be abandoned and it’s a BM only pet so it makes it worse for us hunters than Druids, I didn’t care much about new exotics since i don’t play BM
Renard
Realm: Misha

Unread post by Renard »

WoWHead commentators posted the item needed dropped off mythical Fryakk. For now it appears to sadly be a raid drop item. I don't raid so in a few more expansions I can get the spirit beast when I can solo mythic Fryakk.
Renard
Realm: Misha

Unread post by Renard »

By Dysphoria406 (1,827 – 9·10) 9 days ago (Patch 10.2.0)
Confirmed drops from Mythic Fyrakk in world first kill earlier today.

Dieudefleche 9 days ago (Patch 10.2.0)

Can confirm I watched it live. Absolute sadness. Its a tame for the 1% until you get some friends to help you kill Fyrakk next expansion if you arent a Cutting Edge Raider.

Miniegun 9 days ago (Patch 10.2.0)

There could be a chance it is the same as the axe where it was locked until a world first kill was achieved. We will just have to wait and see if any Hunters get the drop from other difficulties.

Desdamona 7 days ago (Patch 10.2.0)

Here is hoping it will be like the legendary weapon, now that is unlocked, maybe it can drop on any difficulty now. Won't know until reset I guess

Saelsin 6 days ago (Patch 10.2.0)

Great, a tame for the smallest % of all WoWs raiders. What a decision.

Matjz <Premium User> yesterday at 9:26 AM (Patch 10.2.0)

With Instant Dollars killing the boss we also have confirmation that learning the Reins of Anu'relos, Flame's Guidance is required to obtaining the Cinder of Companionship as a Rogue obtained both it and the Feather of the Blazing Somnowl for Druid. Proof: PoV from Hopefulx (Instant Dollars)
Zoruaronan
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Thrall

Unread post by Zoruaronan »

This is definitely disappointing to hear about, While I absolutely am okay with blizzard trying out new ways for hunters to obtain rare & special pets, This isn't how it should be. Period. Locking a Hunter Pet behind a 1% Drop chance is such a stupid design choice that it's facepalm worthy, I would have much rather had Nah'qi be a challenge tame based around something to do with dragonriding or some sort of secret chain to get the Cinder, Not essentially locking it to a 1% drop chance item for a class that already struggles when it comes to raiding & preforming.

I'm at the very least thankful that It's just a singular model and not a new family, Though it still sucks that a Casual Joe such as myself & many other casuals will have to wait on getting this beautiful fiery Bird.. I was never big on Raiding and ESPECALLY not big on Mythic Raiding, So now locking behind one of WoW's coolest looking spirit beast behind a drop only on Mythic just feels like a gut punch to not just us casuals, But the entire hunter community.

Lets just hope Blizzard gets the message and never does something such as Nah'qi ever again, Or at least if they do, Make it obtainable on All difficulties, Hunters should be allowed to get this pet without having Optimize their DPS to the max on a class that has been struggling to do so while also competing with classes like Demonology Warlock, Fire Mage, ETC. -._-.

I wish everyone who attempts at getting Nah'qi the best of luck, You'll need it.
Talihawk
Petopia Artist
Realm: Dalaran

Unread post by Talihawk »

It wouldn't even matter if we Optimized our dps. Blizz keeps nerfing BM into the ground because too many people, even those in the Hunter community shriek whenever they believe Hunter is 'doing too well'. We get instantly nerfed when other classes like Paladin or Demon Hunter go on for months before getting tweaked. Hunter is looked down at because its 'the EASY class' , so it's incredibly difficult to get invited to pugs, and lots of people can't find groups or guilds that raid when the player has time to do so. Why bring a hunter when you can bring any number of other classes that do 25k or more dps easily, better survivability and have way better raid utility or buffs? If Hunter was on par socially as much as other classes this wouldn't bum me out as much. But we aren't even on even footing with most other classes. I so hope the devs are reading our forums because this idea utterly, absolutely sucks. It TOTALLY should be available on all difficulties if they are going to make it such a rare drop, and if they insist on this insane concept.