10.2.5 Beasts Thread

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Re: 10.2.5 Beasts Thread

Unread post by Wain »

Possibly removed in 10.2.5

Below are the 14 NPCs that were included the real-world version of Amirdrassil in 10.2, but I haven't seen in 10.2.5.

Have you seen any of them? Otherwise, I'll remove them from the database in 10.2.5.

It looks like none of the tameable ones have unique looks.

LookNameFamilyNotes
Dapplecoat BearbearFound in the central part of the zone.
Sun-Crested DoestagFound in the central part of the zone.
Sun-Crested StagstagFound in the central part of the zone.
Loamheart DoestagFound in the east and west of the zone.
Shadehewn BullstagFound in the north-west of the zone.
Shadehewn BruffalonstagFound in the north-west of the zone.
Thicketclaw BearbearFound in the south of the zone.
Poolcrash HornstridertallstriderFound in the north-east and south-west of the zone.

Puddlesplish HornstridertallstriderFound in the north-east and south-west of the zone.

Shallows HornstridertallstriderFound in the north-east and south-west of the zone.
Brushwalker BruffalonstagFound in the west of the zone.
Leafcrusher BruffalonstagFound in the west of the zone.
Rockfang ProwlercatFound in the east and west of the zone.
Barkhoof StagstagFound in the central north-west of the zone.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

New pet looks coming in 10.2.5:

I haven't tidied up and made the guide pretty, yet, but if you want to see a rough draft (which shows all the new looks), you can find it here:

https://www.wow-petopia.com/patch10.2.5.php

At last count, there are 23 new looks! Many of them new combos of existing colours with different physical features. 10 of them are somnowls.
Boven
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by Boven »

Thanks Wain for the peek at the new page.

I'm assuming that the new fox model in Gilneas is available outside of the Worgen starter zone, and is out in the 'real' world.
DannyGreen
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by DannyGreen »

Man I completely forgot horses were a thing.
Dewclaw
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Llane

Unread post by Dewclaw »

Thanks Wain, for the hard work you do to keep us updated. :)
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Gurubashi

Unread post by worgpower »

I wanted to point out the Gilnean stag also has the patterned puce variant, check earlier pages for proof, they are rarer than green, but they are present
Boven
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Unread post by Boven »

DannyGreen wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 2:56 pm Man I completely forgot horses were a thing.
I've tamed far more horses than I should've. I've seen a hunter on my (connected) realm who appears to have tamed every appearance of Freckles. That's some dedication right there.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Boven wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 12:18 pm
DannyGreen wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 2:56 pm Man I completely forgot horses were a thing.
I've tamed far more horses than I should've. I've seen a hunter on my (connected) realm who appears to have tamed every appearance of Freckles. That's some dedication right there.
Love the dedication, I also dedicated to having two special cloud serpents, one ivory, and reí lun, which I consider different models, I also have rarer pets like the ethereal mana ray, blazeseeker, pink elekk, and the purple ice bear. I’m not much of having horses as a attack animal, but I stabled a few
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

worgpower wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 7:19 pm I wanted to point out the Gilnean stag also has the patterned puce variant, check earlier pages for proof, they are rarer than green, but they are present
Thanks! Fixed :)
Lee
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Moonguard | Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Lee »

The first thing I did when the servers came up was run to Gilneas on a new Nightborne alt and try to tame the new Gilnean Fox. I can't speak for a character lower than level 10 since that's what Allied Races start at, but at level 10, the Gilnean Foxes are at level 9 and can be tamed... Finding them is the hard part. They seem to be very rare as compared to the older, blue model. I spent like 20 minutes killing them around the zone, only to decide to run to a different area and see if I had any luck there, and then found one immediately. :lol:
fox.png
fox.png (3.7 MiB) Viewed 92437 times
This was honestly a surprise to me, because I was worried the zone would be phased and they just wouldn't be available except after the new event was completed.
OnyxHydra
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord (Horde); Feathermoon (Alliance)

Unread post by OnyxHydra »

Lee wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 6:30 pm The first thing I did when the servers came up was run to Gilneas on a new Nightborne alt and try to tame the new Gilnean Fox. I can't speak for a character lower than level 10 since that's what Allied Races start at, but at level 10, the Gilnean Foxes are at level 9 and can be tamed... Finding them is the hard part. They seem to be very rare as compared to the older, blue model. I spent like 20 minutes killing them around the zone, only to decide to run to a different area and see if I had any luck there, and then found one immediately. :lol:

fox.png

This was honestly a surprise to me, because I was worried the zone would be phased and they just wouldn't be available except after the new event was completed.
Thank you for finding this out! Now to figure out which hunter I want to tame this pretty fox on. :D
Talihawk
Petopia Artist
Realm: Dalaran

Unread post by Talihawk »

Heh I parked my main where I'd seen the foxes spawn last night :D . Saw one right away and got the tame and then went back to valdraken to start the questing. Good luck everyone!
Boven
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Unread post by Boven »

Are they still around after you do the quest line? Last night was a raid night, so there wasn't time to do the quest chain. I went out there on my main hunter as soon as I logged on and eventually found and tamed the new fox. I'm wondering if my alts should hold off on the quest line until they can get one (especially my Vulpera hunter).
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Since The patch hit, I started to notice the old highland foxes are replaced with the new Gilnean foxes. I wonder if it’s true
evil950510
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Alleria

Unread post by evil950510 »

I had to clear out the blue older model versions of these in Northern Headlands where the sheep and Gilnean Hounds are wandering around in packs. The older models are still around and it was the new model that I could not find.
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

There's a bee called "Irritated Worker Bee" (Model ID: 212731) That can spawn during Scenic Getaway to Grizzly Hills.

It isn't tameable. Uses the Yellow/Black model.
Talihawk
Petopia Artist
Realm: Dalaran

Unread post by Talihawk »

I finally saw a hunter in the wild with Nah'qi . Two in fact. This far into the expansion and this is the first time I've ever seen anyone with the tame and I'm on a pretty busy server. That's so very sad. Druids can get the feather without getting the mount even in LFR. I've seen it drop several times.

They really should have made the Cinder available in LFR too. It's really frustrating. :(
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

Agreed, Nah'qi's acquisition method is the dumbest thing they've done for hunter pets since removing pet respecs. Like with the lack of pet respecs, it seems the hardheaded decision to lock the bird behind the top 1% of players isn't going to be reverted. Here's hoping this is the only time they make this dumb decision, as well as hoping that they make it available from all other difficulties WITHOUT the mount.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Maizou wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 5:51 pm There's a bee called "Irritated Worker Bee" (Model ID: 212731) That can spawn during Scenic Getaway to Grizzly Hills.

It isn't tameable. Uses the Yellow/Black model.
Thank you! :) I've added those, and the festival quest beasts in Nagrand, to the database. None are tameable.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Talihawk wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 10:14 pm I finally saw a hunter in the wild with Nah'qi . Two in fact. This far into the expansion and this is the first time I've ever seen anyone with the tame and I'm on a pretty busy server. That's so very sad. Druids can get the feather without getting the mount even in LFR. I've seen it drop several times.

They really should have made the Cinder available in LFR too. It's really frustrating. :(
I agree, it's very frustrating. And I think a terrible decision.

I wonder if the situation was forced on them because the mount was locked to mythic, and so the owl travel form was locked the same way. So the team was told that the pet appearance had to be locked the same way, even though it's not a mount.