Is it time to remove pet talent types?

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Fudge
Realm: Zul'Jin

Is it time to remove pet talent types?

Unread post by Fudge »

Anyone else with they'd make it so we could just choose which of the three talent tree buffs we'd prefer to have on any pet?

Most of my favorite pets are cunning, which provides the least useful talent tree to me, but the most fun (every pet family should really have rest or trick). So, I find myself settling for pets I don't really like just for the right talent. :-(
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Re: Is it time to remove pet talent types?

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

Literally everyone wants to go back to when we had player agency and could choose our pet specs. Nobody agreed to Blizzard changing to this bad system, yet they still went with it and stubbornly stick to it for no real reason. I'm stuck using tenacity pets in my M+ runs because hunters are squishy and worthless, and I need that extra defensive. Especially this week on tyrannical when my friend insists we do Everbloom on 18+ lol. If you're not doing any hard content (M+ 15 or higher, heroic or mythic raid), then just use whatever you want. I kept bringing silly and obnoxiously large pets (aqiri) to lower keys when helping gear my friend and I did just fine. It's not a dps loss at all to use your favorite pets unless you're constantly dying and need that tenacity defensive.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Gurubashi

Unread post by worgpower »

I also feel frustrated with the change like 90% of the hunter mains out there. I only use my ferocity pets because I’m used to it for years and when I tried using tenacity and cunning it never felt right. I’m stuck to certain looks it drives me mad sometimes. I’m glad this xpac gave cool ferocity pets or else I would have moved on from the hunter class. The war within looks like an opportunity, but I cannot count on them changing the system, and I can’t forget their stupid excuse of a response on the blizzard forums, turtles can’t be a something something, whatever, this is Wow, and those are hunter pets not Druid forms
Dialga
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Dialga »

There was 0 reason to change a working system and I'm baffled they did it in the first place. No one asked for it. No one likes it. The best part of playing a hunter is picking your favorite pet and bonding with it or going matchy-matchy with your theme/outfit. Being stuck using clefthooves and spirit beasts isn't fun! I want to use whatever pet I want without a DPS loss! If you're looking to give them unique flavor per pet family, make it cosmetic like the bird tricks!
Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Bowno »

I'd be happy if we just got back the training pet system and having each pet be unique based on what you tame. Classic-style stuff.
But choosing spec would be nice to have again. No reason we shouldnt be able to customize our pets.

Siggy under construction!

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

Bowno wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 11:37 pm I'd be happy if we just got back the training pet system and having each pet be unique based on what you tame. Classic-style stuff.
But choosing spec would be nice to have again. No reason we shouldnt be able to customize our pets.
10000000 % agree

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Vorhees

Unread post by Vorhees »

Dialga wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 11:24 pm There was 0 reason to change a working system and I'm baffled they did it in the first place. No one asked for it. No one likes it. The best part of playing a hunter is picking your favorite pet and bonding with it or going matchy-matchy with your theme/outfit. Being stuck using clefthooves and spirit beasts isn't fun! I want to use whatever pet I want without a DPS loss! If you're looking to give them unique flavor per pet family, make it cosmetic like the bird tricks!
This!
I absolutely grind my teeth that all my favorite pet models are cunning.
It's not just a loss stats wise, but it actually makes my gaming experience worse, since I'm currently stuck playing with a controller.
and running too fast makes my character harder to control.

I have to avoid certain talents just to be able to use my favorite pets, otherwise I end up running myself stuck or off edges to mt death way too often.