The War Within Beta - Beasts Thread

Discuss the next expansion, and the two subsequent chapters of the Worldsoul Saga.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

The War Within Beta - Beasts Thread

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

With Blizzard announcing the signups for The War Within's beta, we draw ever closer to the expansion. More importantly, we draw even closer to seeing all the critters and creatures we may or may not be able to tame. Since we're so close, I'm preemptively starting our traditional "(Expansion) Beasts Thread" so we can be ready. As of this post, the theorized launch of the beta is potentially Thursday, April 25th, and this rumor is backed by many old cases, so it's fair to assume it could be between now and the end of April. Get ready to go underground (for the third time) and dig up any new animals fit to be collected for our newly updated (as of patch 10.2.7) stable! Below is all the pre-release content that has shown some kind of new animal in a TWW zone;

Pre-Release Content:
- The War Within Features Overview (0:46) : New Moth model, small view of a mole-like creature, small view of a new spider, possibly a new Jormungar worm design, and Mudskippers
- BlizzCon | The War Within: What's Next Panel (16:51) : Good look at wild Storm Gryphons on the Isle of Dorn.
- BlizzCon | The War Within: What's Next Panel (19:52) : Good look at a potential new Stag in Hallowfall.
- BlizzCon | The War Within: What's Next Panel (21:04) : Mention of "Kobiss(sp)" and "dangerous creatures" in Hallowfall, emerging from a sea as a result of the crystal sun turning dark.
- BlizzCon | The War Within: What's Next Panel (27:18) : Good look at a fiery bee from the Isle of Dorn, whose honey is used to make Cinderbrew Mead, an Earthen beverage.
- Press-Kit Image: View of multiple Storm Gryphon variants. RIP Wain when he has to make an image of every single combination like he did with Dragonflight!
- Press-Kit Image: Good look at the previously mentioned Mudskippers in The Ringing Deeps. (Fixed, thanks worg)
- Press-Kit Image: New spider model in Hallowfall, evidently based on tailless whip scorpions (which aren't scorpions, for the record!).
- Press-Kit Image: Tiny view of the new moth model in Hallowfall.
- Press-Kit Image: Potential new bat model (upper right, really small)
- Press-Kit Image: More tailless whip scorpions, climbing on the terrain.
- Press-Kit Image: Possible new Carapid, though could also just be a Nerubian. Nerubians have many new forms, after all.

Old Raid Content:
The unspoken "rule" was "two expansions" between the reveal of a raid boss and its taming pass. This can be observed with many other previous raid tameables, such as Guarm from Trial of Valor. With Shadowlands and Dragonflight being past tense now, this means Battle for Azeroth is fair game for a taming pass once The War Within releases. The following raid beasts are the most likely candidates to be converted into tameable beasts;
- Fetid Devourer : Found in Uldir
- Grong : Found in Battle of Dazar'alor. Only encountered by Horde players.
- Grong the Revenant : Found in Battle of Dazar'alor. Only encountered by Alliance players.

Alpha and Beta Content:
- MMO-Champion War Within Models : Includes NPCs, beasts, and more.

Trivia and Neat Things:
Arachnophobia mode lets the team do more spider-related things
Mudskippers were on the fence, but became tameable because they were funny
Last edited by WerebearGuy on Sun Apr 21, 2024 5:48 pm, edited 5 times in total.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Gurubashi

Re: The War Within Beta - Beasts Thread

Unread post by worgpower »

Everything is so far so good, hopefully alpha will come within this or next week, I wanted to clarify that the mudskipper image you linked above is actually in the ringing deeps, not hallowfall
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

New Alpha information is available. Wowhead's taking its sweet time, but MMOChampion has tons of new models. I'm just gonna post a few.

tailless whip scorpion:
Fire Bee:
Stone Ram:
Fluffy Lynx:
Jumping spider (Probably a battle pet):
Naked Mole Rat:

My personal favorite is this grumpy-ass unicorn. I WANT IT NOW.
EDIT: I deem these Undercorns. Nothing else is acceptable.
Last edited by WerebearGuy on Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DannyGreen
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by DannyGreen »

Skittering out my hole to say.
I want a hot pink whip scorpion. It will be named Princessbubbles. (Scorpion or spider we get ferocity it's a win win)
I also want the mole rat if it's ferocity. Though that's probably a battle pet. The bigger ones look like this
Image Which I still would want.

I want this
Look at this lil beaut

On the whiptail scorpion thing.
is it a whiptail?
It has no tail, and 8 legs. So it's really more of a long jawed orb weaver.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

New Spirit Beast: Aradan <Mourning Stormrook>
New Wolves that use a Hati skin: Bloodmaw, Matriarch Charfuria
New Blood Beast: One example, resembles old nerubian flyer
New Moth: Candlefly
New Toad: MUDSKIPPERS
New Rodent: Moles!
New Spider: Tailless Whip Scorpions with glowing thoraxes
New Wasp: Cinderbee
New Spider: Undercrawlers, which look like those small Nerubians from Wrath
New Cat: Lynx

Lots of neat things.
Last edited by WerebearGuy on Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

Loooove the Lynx

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Talihawk
Petopia Artist
Realm: Dalaran

Unread post by Talihawk »

Love the new lynx model, the rock-rams look cool. But I hope everything isn't 'Rock-Hybrids' or Bugs and Slugs. :( I really hate being underground. It's so limiting.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Underground is only limiting when the designers can't use their imaginations. A lot of things on the database appear to be fleshy, with very few rock-themed things. Lots of new bugs too.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Moles have a variable model.

EDIT: They come in so many colors too. Beige, white, blue, maroon, purple, and maybe more.
Attachments
Moles.png
Moles.png (2.62 MiB) Viewed 1759 times
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

They all look great, unicorn looks very weird, but that makes them cool. The animal shaped nerubian better be tameable, I’ve seen felbat rigged nerubian which are my favorites so far. They are back again with the different shapes on models, the moles rock them all, and finally we have an actual lynx which is pretty cool, short tailed cats were always needed. They need new wolf models or use different skins to replace the hati skins to keep hati unique
Pokcmvmxckm
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Sen'jin NA

Unread post by Pokcmvmxckm »

I have been poking around the Wowhead database for about an hour now.

Some things I have found so far: I was surprised there wasn't any storm Gryphons under the Feathermane family, really want to tame those.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

It's the very first Alpha build, which may not include all of the zones, and there hasn't been a taming pass and likely won't be for a while, so there is still plenty of times for things to be added in.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Absolutely, but what we've seen so far in the 700 tameable NPCs? Some good stuff already. Plus, we see NPCs from each zone already. The mudskippers and ugly unicorns are for ringing deeps and hallowfall, after all. The tameable nerubians are probably in the last zone.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

I checked out the different beasts in their families on beta wowhead db, they are mostly perfect except for the unicorns, they were placed under stags, I’m pretty sure they should be coursers just like their mystical dreamrunner cousins, stag family is being spoiled every xpac since SL and DF. So far my favorites are mudskippers and spiders, I love the way mudskippers run, so derpy
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

The mudskippers are a special breed. They really do have fun animations. They're so lively and active with literally everything, and their death animation absolutely trumps the one the rocket chickens have (at least for me). As for the unicorns, courser would make the most sense, but horses and deer are so similar that it's fine if they can be stags. Hell, I prefer they be stags so I can use the tenacity skills for M+ when they're available.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

There’s also older beasts I think should become tameable it would make the most sense to do so

Deepflayers
Mandagoras
Wilderlings
Old nerubian spiders and flyers
Animites, Maulers, Gorgers
Soul Eaters
Skeleton horses
Feywings
Grubs
Slugs
There’s a lot more than I think but those were what I could find on Petopia
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

It's only day one, and we haven't had a taming pass. We haven't tied Wain to a flaming pyre yet either so he can work his magic and convince the devs to throw us a bone. Still got months to go; old content will be touched up...hopefully. Also, don't forget pandaria beavers, what with remix giving us the chance to remember them again.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Once the time comes, definitely those beavers, more skunk colors, and the emerald dream shrews and red pandas
Lee
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Moonguard | Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Lee »

DannyGreen wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 2:06 pm On the whiptail scorpion thing.
is it a whiptail?
It has no tail, and 8 legs. So it's really more of a long jawed orb weaver.
There's no such thing as a whiptail scorpion... [But there is a creature colloquially known as the tailless whip scorpion]. Very easy name confusion to make.

My favorite out of all of these creatures has gotta be the MUDSKIPPER, holy heck... One of my favorite animals that I never thought I'd see in WoW...
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

It sounds like the Mudskippers will be tameable too! :)

https://twitter.com/SarahCotner/status/ ... 5570228379