Bargast, Margore and Hecutis tamability in 11.00.

Discuss the next expansion, and the two subsequent chapters of the Worldsoul Saga.
pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Bargast, Margore and Hecutis tamability in 11.00.

Unread post by pop »

One of my favourite models is the armoured Stone Hounds from the castle of Natharia: Bargast, Margore and Hecutis. Is there any way to check if they are tamable at 11.00?
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Re: Bargast, Margore and Hecutis tamability in 11.00.

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

Unless the devs go against the pattern of waiting for two expansions between when they appear and the current expansion, we won't see them tameable until the expansion after The War Within. The War Within comes after Shadowlands and Dragonflight, meaning the next expansion that is likely to get a taming pass is Battle for Azeroth. Likewise, as it's only alpha, it's very likely that there's not been a full taming pass. You can always go to Wowhead and click the BETA tab to view their database for NPCs to check for this if you don't get access to the alpha/beta between now and release. Here's all three of their entries on the War Within database, so keep an eye out and post about it if they do change at some point.

https://www.wowhead.com/beta/npc=169457/bargast
https://www.wowhead.com/beta/npc=165067/margore
https://www.wowhead.com/beta/npc=169458/hecutis

EDIT: Note that when I say "pattern", it's not a strict rule. I don't have a source, but I'm fairly certain a developer tweeted something along the lines of "we don't flag raid bosses as tameable for a few expansions", and the pattern has shown this with some past tames. For example, Chromaggus wasn't tameable until patch 4.0 which was Cataclysm (Vanilla -> Burning Crusade -> Wrath -> Cata). There were also outliers, like Thok the Bloodthirsty being made tameable in Legion (Mists -> Warlords -> Legion). The pattern hasn't been 100% accurate, so there is a chance that the devs could make them and other raid beasts tameable.
Talihawk
Petopia Artist
Realm: Dalaran

Unread post by Talihawk »

For real? Oh that sucks so bad. Those are such cool models. :( there's so little to look forward to it feels like. :(
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Gurubashi

Unread post by worgpower »

The war within is two expansions after Shadowlands, and right now dragonflight is two expansions after BFA. I guess there haven’t been any bfa bosses with a good looking model to tame, I wish the fetid devourer was tameable but we still don’t have it, the three armored nathria gargons are a bit different and look good enough to be tameable during the war within, so it’s likely they will be tameable within the next few patches