Page 1 of 1
tank pet quandry
Posted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:31 pm
by Dulanie
I am wanting to get a tenacity pet for when I go to solo elites, and was wondering which one would be best. I am wanting one that can take a good beating but also put out decent dps. I was considering a boar or a worm. I know bears are good but there are none that catch my eye. I hope to avoid the disapointment I felt when I realized how sad core hounds are for dps against non-casters. Does anyone have a good suggestion for a high dps meat shield?
Re: tank pet quandry
Posted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:08 am
by Vephriel
Well, I've been loving my Turtle...he's a machine. ^^
Re: tank pet quandry
Posted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:08 am
by Darkharvest
Well from what i hear if your looking for one that can tank a beating Turtles or Warpstalkers both have abillities that will reduce damage. I think alot of people like the Worms for tanking because then they also get the armor reduction, which can help you take down the elite faster. For me right now, on my main hunter i have a scorpid, mainly because i like the look of it but it seem to work well, able to solo the Threat from above quest so cant complain about him.
Re: tank pet quandry
Posted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:28 am
by Belanna
I have to second Vephriel. For tenacity, I love my turtle. He can take a really heavy beating once he pops his Shell Shield. Worms would have been my second choice for the Acid Spit, but I'm not a big fan of how the worms look.
If you really want DPS, you could try a butterfly. It's not tenacity, but when I had butterfly, he could really last a while in a fight and helped me solo a few elites when I first entered Northrend. I worked around his healing skill to help keep him alive while whittling away the baddies.
Re: tank pet quandry
Posted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:42 am
by Hawkshadow
I use a warpstalker, they do the job just fine AND look cool

Re: tank pet quandry
Posted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:00 am
by Victorelle
I loved my ghost worm so I say use a worm! =D
Re: tank pet quandry
Posted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:11 am
by SpiritBinder
Well, I've been loving my Turtle...he's a machine. ^^
Agreed,
For single target tanking, Turtles are the best at tanking reduced damage, folowed by Warpstalkers.
For AOE tanking, Bears are number one as their swipe will hit all targets in front of them also proc'ing invigoration if speced and other pet crit abilites more often, followed by a croc.
Re: tank pet quandry
Posted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 3:36 am
by Ryno
I have to vote worm and warp stalker. I have one of each, and love them both. Worm might be better if your wanting to deal a good chunk of damage yourself from that armor reduction.
Re: tank pet quandry
Posted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:40 am
by Saturo
Worm. No doubt 'bout it.