Page 1 of 1

.

Posted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:03 am
by Teigan
.

Re: Red as Blood by Tanith Lee

Posted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:07 am
by cowmuflage
Well have you read the brothers grimm ones? Seeing as they were one of the first people to put european fairy tales on to paper they are in their orginal form and not "disneyed" down as they are today and yes i said that cos its true as when most people think of them they think of disney and the like >.> I mean the point of fairy tales in the first place was to warn kids about dangers in the real world and where not ment to be the "fun little kids storys" they are today.

Re: Red as Blood by Tanith Lee

Posted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:11 am
by Teigan
.

Re: Red as Blood by Tanith Lee

Posted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:15 am
by cowmuflage
yup they sure are. None of that happy ending stuff in alot of them lol

Re: Red as Blood by Tanith Lee

Posted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:44 am
by Vephriel
Ooh, I love dark spins on fairy tales. I'll have to keep an eye out for this.

Re: Red as Blood by Tanith Lee

Posted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:26 pm
by Mania
I *adore* Tanith Lee. I have a very old and tattered copy of The Birthgrave, and a slightly nicer copy of Quest for the White Witch. Unfortunately I don't have a lot of her newer stuff, but I've read a lot of what she wrong pre-1990. I particularly liked Tales from the Flat Earth and Don't Bite the Sun.

(Actually, looking at the Wikipedia page I have to say that I am amazed that she is still going so strong. The woman is prolific!)

Vephriel, you should chcek out the Secret Books of Paradys if you can. I think they'd fit you.

Re: Red as Blood by Tanith Lee

Posted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:28 pm
by Vephriel
Awesome, I've been looking for some new books to read. :D I'll definitely try to find them.