cc immune gone?

Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Loridon
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

cc immune gone?

Unread post by Loridon »

I dont know if someone else already posted this.

If i look to the tooltip from the talent the beast within from the beta I see there is something missing.
''While enraged, you do not feel pity or remorse or fear and you cannot be stopped unless killed'' is gone.
http://cata.wowhead.com/spell=34692
Is this a bug or not?If its not=huge nerf for bm :cry:
Palladiamorsdeus
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Scarlet Monastary, Sentinels

Re: cc immune gone?

Unread post by Palladiamorsdeus »

This'd actually be a bigger nerf'n what you are thinking. See, the CC immunity and subsequently the ability to break out of CC using BW/TBW was part of the later exchange for halve the time length of BW. This will effectively render TBW as a paltry 'ten percent damage every two minutes' ability. Pah.

I am going to note, however, that this is probably true, and intended. They have been mentioning how they are removing things that make PvPing easier for EVERYONE. Unfortunately for BM, that was one of our few real survival tricks.....

Thanks go to Saturo for the signature.
Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

They can't remove that from BW without giving the spec SOMETHING else to use. If that goes, then BM's pretty much lost everything for PvP. You get big burst, that's about it. If your enemy doesn't die in that span of time, then you're pretty much dead.

I bet whatever it is that they have waiting in the wings is complicated, too complicated for it to be live on beta yet. At least I certainly hope that's the case.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Palladiamorsdeus
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

I don't think it's gone from BW, but only from TBW. Two seconds while I check....and so far in beta confirmed. BW still make's the beast CC and snare immune, TBW no longer makes the hunter CC or snare immune. If no compensation is given then that's a heavy, nasty nerf.

Small Edit, it still halves shot costs.

Kalliope

Well, okay, so having the pet free is SLIGHTLY less bad, but it's still overall crappy. It doesn't matter if the pet's chomping on someone's butt if the master is CCed/dead.

YouTube Edition

Palladiamorsdeus
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Pretty much. Also, remember that Beastial Wrath got chopped down to ten seconds because of that immunity the hunter had. It was completely blowing through CC heavy teams in the arena ((*coughs* RMP...)) because they couldn't CC more then half the team. Now that CC immunity is gone, the 10% damage we were given to help compensate is gone, but it's still at ten seconds. Hopefully they'll boost it back up to 18 seconds, or otherwise buff the ability. It's kind of lackluster now.

VelkynKarma
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Quel'Dorei, Nessingwary
Location: Saturo's necromancy class. Karma = World's Worst Necromancer.

Unread post by VelkynKarma »

That does sound kind of lacking. I'm certain it hurts for pvp, but it'll also suck for a few other things, too. Like the other day I was in UK and the boss tried to put a Frost Tomb on me. But I was in Big Red Angry Mode, so there was no tomb, which meant the rest of the team didn't have to break me out, which meant we burned down the boss faster.

Hope they do bring out some compensation for this, at least. :( I'd love to see the time go up again, then at least we could have an easier time taming toughies like Krush...

~VelkynKarma

Silinrul and Jiaphyon of <Ominous Latin Name>

A big thanks to Vephriel for the awesome signature :)

Help my Dragons

Kalliope

Look at something like Hysteria for comparison.

Oh WAIT.

Look at that duration reduction. Before and after.

Interesting.

YouTube Edition

Shinryu Masaki
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Shinryu Masaki »

http://cata.wowhead.com/spell=49016

Unholy Frenzy is the Cata version of Hysteria. The one you linked is a mob used spell. ^_^;
ImageImage
Kalliope

Bah, whoops. There was another version of hysteria that was DEFINITELY mob-only. >_<

Regardless of my poor linking abilities, look at the change to hysteria. It will no longer be an ap buff, only a haste one.

I'd call that a nerf.

YouTube Edition

mpd_84
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by mpd_84 »

VelkynKarma wrote:That does sound kind of lacking. I'm certain it hurts for pvp, but it'll also suck for a few other things, too. Like the other day I was in UK and the boss tried to put a Frost Tomb on me. But I was in Big Red Angry Mode, so there was no tomb, which meant the rest of the team didn't have to break me out, which meant we burned down the boss faster.

Hope they do bring out some compensation for this, at least. :( I'd love to see the time go up again, then at least we could have an easier time taming toughies like Krush...

~VelkynKarma

but if theyre removing the anti fear part then the beast within will be useless for taming krush (and the red devilsaurs since they all use fear as well),regardless of how long it lasts...
Dweezill
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Sargeras

Unread post by Dweezill »

And, not to mention, if the hunter can be CC[d in PvE, what's the sence in having it lengthened if most o0f that time, we can't dps? This is a lose/lose situation. Once again, I think Blizz has no idea what the wanna do with BM. Personally, when they asked for hunter feedback, i think it was a smokescreen for what we are seeing now. Really, if you look at most of the things hunters asked, how many of them have been addressed since cata info has been released???
Makoes
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

sooo pretty much BM's gelded ability is getting even further casterated...

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Palladiamorsdeus
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

To be fair, a lot of classes are losing CC protection in PvP. That was one of Blizzards big focus's, to make a lot of classes 'less good' at PvP. So we aren't the only class being hit by this particular nerf stick.

Slickrock

Unread post by Slickrock »

Makoes wrote:sooo pretty much BM's gelded ability is getting even further casterated...
Statement is ironic considering your sig.. :o

Regarding further nerfage.. I'm really just waiting to see how it shapes up. If BM remains a stepchild at best, I'm likely done. Just don't have the joy in it anymore.. been through too many rounds of this. But I'm willing to see how it works out.

So many classes are getting major upheavals though, that it will be a while before this is settled, and we are likely to see major waves of changes even after Cata ships. The only thing we can be sure of is the 31-point system, they seem set on that. Paladins just went through the blender, so it might be a month before they get back to hunters again.
Account has been closed at user's request.
Kalliope

Slickrock wrote:So many classes are getting major upheavals though, that it will be a while before this is settled, and we are likely to see major waves of changes even after Cata ships. The only thing we can be sure of is the 31-point system, they seem set on that. Paladins just went through the blender, so it might be a month before they get back to hunters again.
This thing right here: QFT.

YouTube Edition

Evandelle
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Blackwater Raiders (Alliance), Perenolde (Horde)

Unread post by Evandelle »

OMG...no no no this cannot happen...If BW no longer makes you fear immune...taming Krush will be impossible..omg now, please let this not be true.
Many thank you's to Siliverin for the best siggy ever, and also hugs and love to kamoodle5 for my most amazazing avatar. <3
Kalliope

Evandelle wrote:OMG...no no no this cannot happen...If BW no longer makes you fear immune...taming Krush will be impossible..omg now, please let this not be true.
It's not impossible; there's still such a thing as fear ward.

And I'm pretty sure that on our tames, both myself and my friend didn't actually tame him with BW up (thanks to various interruptions). So it's doable regardless.

Krush will be a lot more like Mosh in Cata in that he'll be 10 levels under the max level. He'll hit a lot softer than he does now.

YouTube Edition

Lhel
Realm: The venture co

Unread post by Lhel »

Perhaps you'd not even want Krush before cata is out.

Still on the fence on this expansion, the amount of CC that was and still is around is borderline loney so too loose Beast Within's immunity would be a fairly large blow. Guess we'll have to see a little which direction general CC is heading, for now there seem to be more incoming from already control heavy classes, mage in particular. Not sure if I like that direction, if CC immunities are being reduced/removed as well it might turn pretty ugly.
Anansi
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Anansi »

Palladiamorsdeus wrote:To be fair, a lot of classes are losing CC protection in PvP. That was one of Blizzards big focus's, to make a lot of classes 'less good' at PvP. So we aren't the only class being hit by this particular nerf stick.
Exactly. There's a design effort to move PvP back to a more chaotic free-for-all style rather than being more tightly controlled due to a number of class mechanics and abilities, which is where it's at now.
Since the game is returning us to the old world, the design is also to move WoW back a bit to its earlier style, although still using many of the advances and improvements that have come during TBC and Wrath, hence a desire for more battle royale type PvP.
Blizzard acknowledged that Arena really messed with the PvE game and they want to undo some of that, to make PvP function on the same level as PvE, which we see in the inclusion of PvP talents in our trees and the removal of some CC-immune/removal mechanics. We'll still have Master's Call, but BM having that along with the CC-removal of TBW could have been considered too much under the current design agenda.