Cataclysm Beta - Build 12942 + Old Weather flying

Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Adam-Savage
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Anvilmar

Cataclysm Beta - Build 12942 + Old Weather flying

Unread post by Adam-Savage »

Mmo Reports a new Beta build.
Reins of the Spectral Steed, Reins of the Spectral Wolf should give you a good reason to go to Tol Barad. Scepter of Az'Aqir will also be a good reason to level Archaeology. (More on those later)
Old weather flying will cost 250g
We've added a new flying skill called Flight Master's License. When World of Warcraft: Cataclysm is released, players who purchase the expansion will see this skill available from flight trainers for 250 gold once they reach level 60. This new skill is required for flying around all Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdoms zones, including the new level 80-85 zones.
Tier 11 Set Bonuses

Hunter (Forums / 3.3.5 Talent Calculator / Cataclysm Talent Calculator / Beta Skills/Talents)

* Item - Hunter T11 2P Bonus - Increases the critical strike chance of your Serpent Sting ability by 5%. / Instant
* Item - Hunter T11 4P Bonus - Your Focus Fire ability grants 1% additional haste per application of Frenzy, your Chimera Shot ability has a 10% chance to immediately refund half its focus cost, and your Black Arrow also deals instant damage to your target. / Instant

Hunter (Forums / 3.3.5 Talent Calculator / Cataclysm Talent Calculator / Beta Skills/Talents)
Beast Mastery

* Aspect of the Fox now procs from melee attacks you receive instead of whenever you take damage.
* Kill Command now requires your pet to be in combat.
* Tame Beast no longer reduces your armor by 100%.
* Envenomation renamed to Killing Streak and revamped - When you score two Kill Command critical hits in a row, your third will deal 15/30% more damage and have its cost reduced by 5/10 focus.
* Cobra Strikes now has a 5/10/15% chance to proc from any Arcane Shot instead of a 20/40/60% chance to proc from a critical Arcane Shot or Kill Command.

Marksmanship

* Multi-Shot now deals 55% of weapon damage to all enemies within 8 yards of the target.
* Chimera Shot revamped - An instant shot that causes ranged weapon damage plus [ 24% of RAP + 401 ], refreshing the duration of your Serpent Sting and healing you for 5% of your total health.
* Careful Aim now affects target above 80% health, up from 60%.

Survival

* Traps had their description modified, apparently the restriction of "Only one trap can be active at a time." no longer exists.
* Cobra Shot is now a Survival skill (Old - Beast Mastery) and now deals weapon damage plus [ 8.6% of RAP + 276.81 ] in the form of Nature damage.
* Frost Trap is now Ice Trap
* Black Arrow now only shares a cooldown with Explosive Trap and Immolation Trap.
* Improved Tracking revamped - now Increases ranged haste by 1/2/3%.
Last edited by Adam-Savage on Thu Sep 09, 2010 11:22 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Re: Cataclysm Beta - Build 12942 (Codename Fluffy)

Unread post by Kalliope »

MMO has a disclaimer above all of the spell changes:
Spell Diffs
These changes are from the comparison of game files, they are not official changes and nothing is final until it's confirmed by Blizzard AND on live servers. It could be a simple test change, or me being stupid and not doing things properly.
So those might not be real. However, the mounts, Azerothian flight, and the tier 11 bonuses are.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Adam-Savage
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

I wonder how much of gold sink Azerothian flight will be ? I was sure they said it wouldn't be something that would cost anything.
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Tame Beast no longer reduces your armor by 100%.
Oooh...
Sarayana
Realm: Ysera-US, Nesingwary-US

Unread post by Sarayana »

I've seen 5000g, Adam.

I noticed that too Veph, I wonder if it's because of the way they're fiddling with stam/damage? Perhaps we wouldn't be able to survive a tough tame the way they're changing things (I'm thinking of that thread about KK being impossible to tame on Beta...).

Much gratitude to Spiritbinder for the signature and Vephriel for the avatar! <3

SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

Vephriel wrote:
Tame Beast no longer reduces your armor by 100%.
Oooh...
^This...
Is the 1st thing I saw too :)

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Kalliope

Sarayana wrote:I've seen 5000g, Adam.

I noticed that too Veph, I wonder if it's because of the way they're fiddling with stam/damage? Perhaps we wouldn't be able to survive a tough tame the way they're changing things (I'm thinking of that thread about KK being impossible to tame on Beta...).
That thread was about SOLO taming being impossible due to the dropping of fear immunity, but I'm sure there are other solutions....

Regardless, I hope this change is a real one. We've suffered enough!

YouTube Edition

Sarayana

Kalliope wrote:

That thread was about SOLO taming being impossible due to the dropping of fear immunity, but I'm sure there are other solutions....

Well yeah, but it was the first thing that popped into my mind - that things are being changed so they just plainly might have to modify. *shrug*

Much gratitude to Spiritbinder for the signature and Vephriel for the avatar! <3

Kalliope

Sarayana wrote:
Kalliope wrote:

Well yeah, but it was the first thing that popped into my mind - that things are being changed so they just plainly might have to modify. *shrug*
*nodnod* Very true, definitely agreed on the cause!

YouTube Edition

Adam-Savage
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

So they want us to pay 5000g for 310% flying and then another 5000g just to fly in old world ? No thanks.
Arwyn
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Arwyn »

AdamSavage wrote:Mmo Reports a new Beta build.
Reins of the Spectral Steed, Reins of the Spectral Wolf should give you a good reason to go to Tol Barad. Scepter of Az'Aqir will also be a good reason to level Archaeology. (More on those later)
So we definelty know that there is now an item to summon a mount thats related to Archeology. But instead of the theorized bone raptor its going to be an insect?
Sarayana

AdamSavage wrote:

So they want us to pay 5000g for 310% flying and then another 5000g just to fly in old world ? No thanks.
Oh wait, I might have misunderstood. 310% is 5000g, flying in Azeroth is free.

Adam-Savage
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Sarayana wrote:
AdamSavage wrote:

Oh wait, I might have misunderstood. 310% is 5000g, flying in Azeroth is free.
It's 250 gold for now. There was a update on wow.com and from Fluxflashor on twitter.
Sarayana

Re: Cataclysm Beta - Build 12942 + Old Weather flying

Yeah I just saw. Also, the scepter is an epic mount with an icon like the battle tanks!!!!!!!!!

Moonlost
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord (Horde), Moonguard (Alliance)

Unread post by Moonlost »

AdamSavage wrote:Mmo Reports a new Beta build.
Reins of the Spectral Steed, Reins of the Spectral Wolf should give you a good reason to go to Tol Barad.
Spectral Steed... Steed is generally used to refer to horses. So another see-through horse?
Spectral Wolf... SOLD. Do want.
I also wonder if these are available to both alliance and horde or to the factions that these mounts normally go to? Hope for the former. >.>
AdamSavage wrote:
Scepter of Az'Aqir will also be a good reason to level Archaeology. (More on those later)
Sarayana wrote:Yeah I just saw. Also, the scepter is an epic mount with an icon like the battle tanks!!!!!!!!!
Should I be getting my hopes up for a Silithid Battle Tank Mount that's usable outside of AQ right about now? One that isn't super rare and unattainable?
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEE

Redith
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: several

Unread post by Redith »

Wait...I am trained to fly in another world and in blizzard wind conditions....why the hell do I have to pay to learn how to fly in the regular world? Thats like knowing how to ride a bike, and a motorcycle then paying for tricycle lessons.
Moonlost
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord (Horde), Moonguard (Alliance)

Unread post by Moonlost »

Redith wrote:Wait...I am trained to fly in another world and in blizzard wind conditions....why the hell do I have to pay to learn how to fly in the regular world? Thats like knowing how to ride a bike, and a motorcycle then paying for tricycle lessons.
It's not actually named Old Wather Flying (that was a joke Blizzard made and it sorta caught on apparently XD) but rather "Flight Master's License". So it's kinda more like paying your licence registration for your Motorbike than actually learning how to ride it again.

SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

* Cobra Shot is now a Survival skill (Old - Beast Mastery) and now deals weapon damage plus [ 8.6% of RAP + 276.81 ] in the form of Nature damage.

Any one else notice this? Considering that it was originally meant to be the "signatureish" shot for BM and now it seems to be heading in an SV direction :|

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Skarll
Realm: Malfurion

Unread post by Skarll »

I know the rep I'm going to be grinding soon as Cata comes out!

Need to get Spook a Spectral Wolf friend! =)
Adam-Savage
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Spiritbinder wrote:

Any one else notice this? Considering that it was originally meant to be the "signatureish" shot for BM and now it seems to be heading in an SV direction :|
Another Smart Idea by blizzard.