Page 1 of 1
Hi there... was wondering if blizz adding extra slot on >>
Posted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:25 am
by wildstormz
I was wondering if blizz adding extra slot on realm?? wb thanks:D

Re: Hi there... was wondering if blizz adding extra slot on
Posted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:05 am
by Rawr
Not sure what ur asking hun, clarify please

Re: Hi there... was wondering if blizz adding extra slot on
Posted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:30 am
by wildstormz
Sorry i was wondering if blizz will be adding a new slot to add more toons at the moment we can only have 10 per server i heard they might be adding 1 for free as extra slot if want 2 more you gotta pay for it... not sure if it true or not... please help me with this info i really like to know

thanks. sorry if my english sucks

Re: Hi there... was wondering if blizz adding extra slot on
Posted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:38 am
by Golden
I remember hearing that they would be planning on adding additional character slots for money. No idea on the single free one, personally I don't see it happening.
Re: Hi there... was wondering if blizz adding extra slot on
Posted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:47 am
by Rawr
I don't really think we should have to pay for more character slots, it should come with Cata when we buy it, after all this is the most expensive expansion ever, and we are getting more races...just makes sense to me.

Re: Hi there... was wondering if blizz adding extra slot on
Posted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:49 am
by Golden
Rawr wrote:I don't really think we should have to pay for more character slots, it should come with Cata when we buy it, after all this is the most expensive expansion ever, and we are getting more races...just makes sense to me. :mrgreen:
Then again, knowing Activision, they probably won't be giving out stuff for free when they could be asking for money. :S
Damn, why are all my posts so negative today... XD
Re: Hi there... was wondering if blizz adding extra slot on
Posted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:08 am
by Sukurachi
I can't believe that there are actually people on the O-boards that are AGAINST the very thought of Bliz adding character slots, ever.
it's not like it can have a negative impact!
and I HOPE TO HELL that Bliz adds extra slots, because if they don't I can't play either Worgen or Goblin, since my server is full up on all three accounts.
Re: Hi there... was wondering if blizz adding extra slot on
Posted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:55 am
by Sarayana
Last I heard, they weren't planning on it, simply because of the load it'd put on the servers. I mean, think about it. 30k people on a medium-high pop server, everyone gets another slot - that's 30k more toons just on that server.
Much as I'd love to see it, I think that's the reason we won't get it.
Re: Hi there... was wondering if blizz adding extra slot on
Posted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:05 pm
by Sukurachi
extra character slots wouldn't affect active gameplay, as you can only play one character at a time per account. so a server with 30k active characters would remain a server with 30k active characters.
if they are worried about the information those extra toons would add to storage, then they seriously need to be updating the servers that store character info!
if there are 30k accounts on a server, I am highly skeptical that all 30k of them would actually create enough new toons to fill up all of those slots. it seems that most WoW players (ie: the majority) are not anywhere near their character capacity of 10 toons on a server.
Re: Hi there... was wondering if blizz adding extra slot on
Posted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:42 pm
by Sarayana
Really? *cough* uhm yeah, nowhere near the 10 toons on any of the servers I play on.
I don't really know enough about comps/servers (could you tell??

) but I do know that they've said they are not adding any character slots for Cata. Of course we can always hope they change their minds...
Re: Hi there... was wondering if blizz adding extra slot on
Posted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:21 pm
by Saturo
Golden wrote:Damn, why are all my posts so negative today... XD
You're starting to turn into me!!

Re: Hi there... was wondering if blizz adding extra slot on
Posted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:35 pm
by Sukurachi
Well,I have two accounts (three if I count my better half's), and I dual-box them all.
I have 10 toons on each of "my" accounts on the same sever.
And yes, a bunch are hunters, but then, I have an alchemist, an enchanter, a scribe, a tailor, a gatherer (mining/herbalism), a blacksmith, an engineer, etc...
then I have a priest, a mage, a deathknight, a warlock, a druid, a paladin, a warrior, a shaman...
6 are level 80, almost all of the others are over level 70, almost all have capped crafts.
there is NO way I am deleting a toon to make a worgen/goblin.
Re: Hi there... was wondering if blizz adding extra slot on
Posted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:25 pm
by Renle
extra character slots wouldn't affect active gameplay, as you can only play one character at a time per account. so a server with 30k active characters would remain a server with 30k active characters.
Add to the fact that NOT having any new slots for toons on your old servers when cata hits will be making the population of other servers go up, as those who have the max amount of toons on their main server, will have to roll the new toons on new servers.
So it actually makes more sense to allow extra character slots per realm per player if we are talking about keeping the population down.
Re: Hi there... was wondering if blizz adding extra slot on
Posted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:31 pm
by wildstormz
It won,t make any differents because.... they won,t be using there other toon they be logging on worgen must of the time so the population wouldn,t be so bad..
