Suggestions about The Beast

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Lazei
Realm: Nemesis

Suggestions about The Beast

Unread post by Lazei »

Hi guys,yesterday was wondering if my oil stained wolf will ever keep the coat in cataclysm,so i opened a ticket to a gm(also asking if The Beast in UBRS will keep the boss status)that answered me they'll probably reset pets we have,cause that wolf is not a Particulary skinned wolf,is an Npc tamed using a glitch,but many things can change,and also the pets are one of the last things designers worry about,before cataclysm. This is more or less what he told me..and so..i don't know if is better abandoning my oil wolf or keeping it hoping he remain so "sick"!
it's the only pet i Can abandon..the others are Old Cliff,Krush,Skoll,Loque..so they must remain with me..i spent too much time lookin for them.
Was wondering to replace the oil wolf with The Beast..but the gm didn't answer my question about the boss,so i don't know what to do.
In case i'm going for the beast..if someone can help me,tell me if i do wrong following those steps:
Target boss
Go in a corner
Launch pet to attack and make the boss go out of his lair
Put pet passive to return back to me
Hit a 'haste' macro
Hit a bestial wrath/abandon pet macro
Hit tame beast
Close eyes and wait

Have i got to cast a few arrows at the boss before abandoning my pet?will he unless just Evade my tame?
If someone can suggest me the macros i named..i'm a little noob about macros :)
Omg..i wrote a poem..sorry!
Golden
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Chamber of Aspects-A, Bloodhoof-H

Re: Suggestions about The Beast

Unread post by Golden »

I seriously would take the statements of GMs with a grain of salt. Most of them say what they think or assume, they don't have any real information about what will happen in Cata. Some of them don't even know everything about what they can do themselves. I've had a GM tell me that they simply can't send me the loot off a rare mob that died somewhere I couldn't reach it, and resending the ticket got me another GM who informed that the previous GM had in fact made a mistake and promptly sent me the loot.
Lazei

Unread post by Lazei »

it happened to me too..i died during saurfang in icc25,then released(made mistake)and after the boss i cannot receive my trinket...ARRRRG!!opened a ticket,the gm told me he can't ever see me in the raid information. Open a second ticket,the gm gave the trinket possibility to be traded to me,so my master looter guildie traded to me. But for what concern pets,i never asked before yesterday,so i must keep in mind what he told me,true or untrue :(
ForestTroll
Realm: Emerald Dream

Unread post by ForestTroll »

Yeah it really does matter what GM you get. I've even gotten two different types of people on the phone at blizzard, one that would tell me they can't do anything about my problem, then when I called back I got another one who helped me through it. I guess it depends on if you get a lazy gm or not :P
Sarayana
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Ysera-US, Nesingwary-US

Unread post by Sarayana »

I don't know about the oil stained wolf, though I'm hoping it'll keep the coat... But we've just had confirmation that The Beast keeps his boss tag. It's somewhere in the Cata pet subforum. No need to rush out. Not only that, it'll be an easier tame in Cata since our Tame Beast will be reduced to 10 seconds and we won't lose armor during the tame. :D

Much gratitude to Spiritbinder for the signature and Vephriel for the avatar! <3

Lazei

Unread post by Lazei »

Really it'll keep the boss tag?? Super!!
Tame beast channeling reduced it's great,but maybe we'll see many more king krush's around. With a 10sec tame beast we'll have a full 'safe' tame,because also our beast within last 10sec,isn't it kind of a nerf? :) anyway i'm very happy for The Beast,so thank you very much :)
Sarayana

The Beast Within won't make us immune to fear anymore. :|

Much gratitude to Spiritbinder for the signature and Vephriel for the avatar! <3

Lazei

Unread post by Lazei »

Ah..too bad..so i'll have to bring a priest to tame The beast..
I think it's a very bad idea to negate us our own fear ward,it is very helpful in arena if popped at the right moment. Mm i don't like this change at all. Anyway hope the priest will keep his fear ward,or taming pets that fear will be a bit harder than now :)
Teigan
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

Sarayana wrote:I don't know about the oil stained wolf, though I'm hoping it'll keep the coat... But we've just had confirmation that The Beast keeps his boss tag. It's somewhere in the Cata pet subforum. No need to rush out. Not only that, it'll be an easier tame in Cata since our Tame Beast will be reduced to 10 seconds and we won't lose armor during the tame. :D
Is it weird that I'm actually a little disappointed that we are going to be keeping our armor during tames? It was kinda like throwing yourself on the mercy of the beast and showing it that you won't hurt it no matter what it does it you. Ok, I am a little weird. ;)
Sarayana

Nah, I kinda agree with you Teigs. I do think it's a mechanic they changed for a good reason though. If they didn't need to, they probably wouldn't have changed it. Mobs hit A LOT harder in Cata.

ForestTroll
Realm: Emerald Dream

Unread post by ForestTroll »

Teigan wrote:
Sarayana wrote:I don't know about the oil stained wolf, though I'm hoping it'll keep the coat... But we've just had confirmation that The Beast keeps his boss tag. It's somewhere in the Cata pet subforum. No need to rush out. Not only that, it'll be an easier tame in Cata since our Tame Beast will be reduced to 10 seconds and we won't lose armor during the tame. :D
Is it weird that I'm actually a little disappointed that we are going to be keeping our armor during tames? It was kinda like throwing yourself on the mercy of the beast and showing it that you won't hurt it no matter what it does it you. Ok, I am a little weird. ;)

I know what you mean... I'm so used to no armor that I often go out in to the middle of no where butt naked with some balogna trying to tame wild cats for the same effect as in world of warcraft. If that's gone I just don't know what I'll do :shock:
Teigan
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

ForestTroll wrote:
Teigan wrote:

I know what you mean... I'm so used to no armor that I often go out in to the middle of no where butt naked with some balogna trying to tame wild cats for the same effect as in world of warcraft. If that's gone I just don't know what I'll do :shock:
:shock: I sincerely hope you have had your rabies vaccinations. :lol:
MaximumOverdrive
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by MaximumOverdrive »

For taming The Beast, I never actually used the Bestial Wrath in it, just a lot of haste...I bought a lot of haste gear (most of it being cloth it seemed), and got the trinket from Mechanar from the last boss that increases haste. I also drank an elixir of lightning speed, ate some blackened worg steak (I believe...it's one of the worg recipes), and used drums of kings and wild for a lil boost to stats (mostly for stam). I used a macro that included potion of speed, the trinket, deterrence, rapid fire and gift of the naaru. If yer a troll, you can include the troll racial in place of naaru. I got my tame down just over 13sec with no shammy to help. If you can get a shammy, by all means do, they're a huge help with earth shield, heroism, and the spell haste totem. I also just shot the boss with scorpid sting to pull him out of his lair, and shot him again with that once he was out.

Just make sure you have a lot of patience doing this (tho maybe you'll get it on yer second try without any of this stuff like a friend of mine did...)
Rawr
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

According to some beta testers the oily wolf says oily, as for The Beast I'm not sure. The GM ticket issue I take it like this: some ppl are dicks, some ppl are nice and others complete asswipes, GMs are the same way. I have had all 3, the nice one had a half hour conversation with me about how Lil' K.T. should iceblock critters and mini pets and more often, and how Gir would make the best mini pet ever, so it all depends :mrgreen:

Anyia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Jubei'Thos (US/Oceania)

Unread post by Anyia »

Rawr wrote:how Gir would make the best mini pet ever
That. Would. Be. So. Awesome! :mrgreen: "I was the turkey aaaaall the time!" "Doom doom doom doooooom dooom...."
Lazei

Unread post by Lazei »

Guys so i decided to abandon old cliff jumper and go for the beast..opened the bank and found my old tier9 and some other old equipment. then fully socketted haste, and with potions, elixir and manta steak i can now tame a beast in 13.1 seconds, if i bring with me a shammy and a priest i'm sure i can tame a lot speeder, down to 8 second i think. the only problem are knockbacks, or better..interrupts, because if you stay in a corner you will not be knockbacked, but the beast will interrupt anyway. does our The beast within make us immune to interrupt/knockbacks?
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Being in the corner prevents you from being feared and knocked back, however Beast will still cast his fire attack which does stop the taming. It's all about speed and luck, hoping you can get your tame completed before he has a chance to cast it.
Lazei

Unread post by Lazei »

Tamed the beast :) i set up the old t9 fully socketted haste, and bringed a shammy. my tame was 8.2 seconds, so fully covered with The beast within. The Beast casted his knockback, but my talent kept me safe, so The beast within protects from interrupts :) Yea!!!
Dvatori
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord (A)

Unread post by Dvatori »

Tamed the Beast solo on the PTR today. He's easy as heck now and still keeps his boss tag.
Time between his punts seems to be longer then that of tame beast now. Had only one interrupted with a knockback.
Named him Orpheus. :D

Proud owner of Nyx; an Original Grimtotem Spirit Guide.
Avatar and Signature Wolf by the inimitable Ket Shi.
My Squiby Eggs!

Darkynhalvos
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Pagle

Unread post by Darkynhalvos »

been playing the test realm, since my live acct is out of cash atm. the beast is still tameable, and the tame beast ability has been lowered to 10 secs, so when the patch goes live there will be no need to stack a ton of haste.

he interrupted me once, i immediately hit tame again, and finished about a second before his interrupt went off again.

he has the boss tag, and his level shows as double-question marks.