Page 1 of 1

Am I bad for this?

Posted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 7:26 pm
by Redith
So everyone knows about the show dealiest warrior. Well I have season one...but I havent seen all of it. I wont watch the Taliban vrs IRA episode. Anyone who watches it knows that whatever warriors the have on it for that epesode they praise how badass they are and how great their tactics and weapons are. Plus they show scenes (faked) of them killing soldiers. As a Military member am I just being too sensitive?

Re: Am I bad for this?

Posted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 11:51 pm
by zedxrgal
No I don't feel that you are. I am not a solder but have close friends who are and that would really upset and /or bother me.

Re: Am I bad for this?

Posted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:47 am
by cowmuflage
Well that shows pretty dumb manly cos most of the time they don't know what they are talking about.
if you were like trying to ban said epp cos you don't like it then i'd say you were being too sensitive. you allso would be a dick in my mind too if ya did act like that as really it may be a sensitive topic for you but its not for alot of people. I don't like people who try and ban things just cos they don't like it like when the church trys and bans TV shows cos a epps about their church or the devil or something ya know? I don't have a problem if you don't want to watch it but if you try to make others not then i do that is what i'm saying really. sorry got a issue with people like that.

So really no your not too sensitive.

Re: Am I bad for this?

Posted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:00 am
by Redith
cowmuflage wrote:Well that shows pretty dumb manly cos most of the time they don't know what they are talking about.
if you were like trying to ban said epp cos you don't like it then i'd say you were being too sensitive. you allso would be a dick in my mind too if ya did act like that as really it may be a sensitive topic for you but its not for alot of people.
Excuse me? When did I say I was trying to BAN anything? I just said that on MY dvd I wont watch that epesode. I didnt start some boycott or something, I never said I did I just said I didnt want to watch that epesode. Please read what I said and dont assume the worst of someone right off the bat.

Re: Am I bad for this?

Posted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 2:48 pm
by cowmuflage
I did't say you wanted too. lol if you read it i said i was fine with you not watchinmg it but not fine if you did not want others too.

Re: Am I bad for this?

Posted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:41 am
by Mockingbird
Cowmuflage DID say "IF you wanted to ban it" - I think it was clear from his post that he did not assume that about you, Redith.

If it's any consolation, I've seen most of that episode, and while it's generally a little distasteful, it mocks both organisations and doesn't address their motives or glorify them.

As I recall the final "fight-off" is a 5-vs-5 in a carpark, for no apparent reason.

I think it's in no way "too sensitive". We all have sore points and personal feelings about what is and isn't to our taste, and as Cow said - your taste is your taste, there's nothing "oversensitive" about it. I say if you don't wanna watch it, don't, and don't let it bother you either.

On a side note the show never really got aired over here on normal UK channels, so I've only seen a couple of episodes - is it worth picking up the DvDs? It intrigued me in a "this looks very silly" way.

Re: Am I bad for this?

Posted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:43 pm
by cowmuflage
The games ment to be shit thats all i know lol

Re: Am I bad for this?

Posted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:08 pm
by Mr. Perfect
I'd say it's a reasonable reaction, since you're personally effected by the issue.

Someday everyone will study the Taliban as history, like how today school students learn about the Nazis or the Viet Cong. For now, I'd say we're to close to the subject.

Personally, I'd never heard of them before the attacks on the World Trade Center and all the media has taught us is that they're based in Afghanistan and hate us for some reason. I'd like to know just who these people are and what their problem with us is. :|

Re: Am I bad for this?

Posted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:45 am
by cowmuflage
Heh you wont get any good info from any form of news from the USA thats for sure lol they are famus for mixing the facts up to make you guys look like "the best palce in teh worldz" :S sad really.

Not saying you guys are bad just saying your news is!

Re: Am I bad for this?

Posted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 1:11 am
by Mr. Perfect
Yeah, if I bother to watch TV news, it's the BBC. :|