A womans medeval help needed
Posted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:33 pm
So I have a female friend who is dating a guy who is big on medeval stuff. In I actually know him from a medeval times event in Sacramento. Anyway she wants to give him a "ladies favour". For those of you who dont know what that is heres a breif quote.
The rise of the ideals of courtly love was dominated by the concept that that honor should be done to a lady by her champion. The Rules of Courtly Love allowed a Knight to express his admiration even for married ladies. Knights begged "tokens" from ladies. And were presented with "favours" such as a veil, ribbon, or the detachable sleeve of a ladies dress. These 'favours' would be displayed by the Knight attached to his arm, his helm or tied to his lance. The lady thereby showed her favour to the knight who would dedicate his performance at the tournament to the lady.
Since im very much into Medeval stuff she asked me for some ideas. I told her basicly what this said, a Veil, or a ribbon, or something. But she says she doesnt have anything like that, so I told her she should buy something. She said that was a good idea but she wanted to know how would that relate to now-a-days. like what would be a more modern favour.
So you ladies are the best people to help me to answer her question lol. So basicly can you ladies think of a more modern favour or should she just do what I said and buy something, and sprinkle some perfume on it.
The rise of the ideals of courtly love was dominated by the concept that that honor should be done to a lady by her champion. The Rules of Courtly Love allowed a Knight to express his admiration even for married ladies. Knights begged "tokens" from ladies. And were presented with "favours" such as a veil, ribbon, or the detachable sleeve of a ladies dress. These 'favours' would be displayed by the Knight attached to his arm, his helm or tied to his lance. The lady thereby showed her favour to the knight who would dedicate his performance at the tournament to the lady.
Since im very much into Medeval stuff she asked me for some ideas. I told her basicly what this said, a Veil, or a ribbon, or something. But she says she doesnt have anything like that, so I told her she should buy something. She said that was a good idea but she wanted to know how would that relate to now-a-days. like what would be a more modern favour.
So you ladies are the best people to help me to answer her question lol. So basicly can you ladies think of a more modern favour or should she just do what I said and buy something, and sprinkle some perfume on it.