Page 1 of 1
Can they....do that?
Posted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 4:54 pm
by Redith
So I was watching Vampires Suck, a parody of all the vampire hype...when I noticed they are using alot of the songs and music from the Twilight soundtrack. And not just sound alike music or songs, the real ones...can they do that?
Re: Can they....do that?
Posted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 4:56 pm
by Saturo
It's parody, and I think parodies are excluded from copyright laws and such. Not sure tough.
Re: Can they....do that?
Posted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 4:57 pm
by Azunara
Didn't a lot of the Twilight songs come from awesome bands?
LIKE MUSE? >:| OR THE KILLERS?
How dare they mess with my Muse and Killers...
Re: Can they....do that?
Posted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:02 pm
by Redith
Azunara wrote:Didn't a lot of the Twilight songs come from awesome bands?
LIKE MUSE? >:| OR THE KILLERS?
How dare they mess with my Muse and Killers...
Yep but they are also have music in it made only for the Twilight movie.
Re: Can they....do that?
Posted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:24 pm
by VelkynKarma
Ugh, I curled up and cried in a corner when I heard Muse was being used for TWILIGHT....
*starts sobbing again*
~VelkynKarma
Re: Can they....do that?
Posted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:44 pm
by cowmuflage
most parodies are excluded from copyright laws so they can do that.
Re: Can they....do that?
Posted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:42 pm
by Bellatryx
Redith wrote:So I was watching Vampires Suck, a parody of all the vampire hype...when I noticed they are using alot of the songs and music from the Twilight soundtrack. And not just sound alike music or songs, the real ones...can they do that?
like original soundtrack stuff? I think that might be owned by the people who composed it, not the studios. I might be wrong but if I am, I go with the other people.