Ridiculous Heirloom Prices on the PTR. Better start farming.

Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Bellatryx
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary

Ridiculous Heirloom Prices on the PTR. Better start farming.

Unread post by Bellatryx »

The release changes for the Heirloom armor are RIDICULOUS. 2-3k justice points for a PIECE. Using the MMO-Champion calculator that translates to the equivalence of 200 or 300 emblems. Did i miss something? Will bosses reward more points or are we going to have to try 10x as hard to get heirlooms for our lowbies?

All I can say is.. if we aren't getting the patch this week, I'm going to be farming for the rest of the heirlooms so I can have a complete set in case of emergency re-rolls.

Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Re: Ridiculous Heirloom Prices on the PTR. Better start farm

Unread post by Vephriel »

Yeah, I was a little nervous about Heirloom currencies, so I've gone and bought just about all of them. I'm only missing the Ironfeather set and a couple weapons, but I'm not even sure I'll need them. At least I have all of the pieces that I'll be using for my alts.
Bellatryx
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

I just ran H:HoL and got 63 justice points from the run.
It should be comforting to those who don't have t10; the pieces are only 695 to 1100 JP. In Theory you could probably get a piece a day.

I had to read up about the soft cap and this is what I gather about it. They don't want you stockpiling JPs to buy the new dungeon gear before cataclysm comes out. I think we can continue to upgrade our own gear and so on. We just can't save up a gazillion JPs so when we hit 85 we'll be immediately decked out in gear.

I still believe it wise to grind out the heirloom gear now so you can focus on maybe upgrading to t10 if you want.

SgtMakkie
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Twisting Nether EU, Bloodhoof EU

Unread post by SgtMakkie »

I thought the points that our emblems were converted to was for t10 and the points from lvl85 dungeons and raids were different??

( just what I remember Reading, maybe I misread )

SgtMakkie

Sig by Kamoodle

A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.

Everything in moderation. Even moderation.

Sarayana
Realm: Ysera-US, Nesingwary-US

Unread post by Sarayana »

Justice points is like emblems of heroism were when Wrath started - they buy the lower level vendor gear (and anything earlier, including all the Wrath emblem gear). Valor points (I think they're called) will be like the emblems of valor when Wrath hit - they buy slightly higher ilevel gear.

Once another tier of raiding comes out, that tier will be available for valor points and the previous max level tier will become available for justice points.

At least that's how I understood it.

Lovcat, thanks for the heads up. I just need to pick up the bow for my rogue and warrior, but I was going to wait. I'll go grab it now instead.

Has anyone checked the prices for heirloom gear at the Argent Tourney? If the prices haven't changed there, at least we'll have access to it more cheaply with a few days of dailies.

Much gratitude to Spiritbinder for the signature and Vephriel for the avatar! <3

Bellatryx
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Sarayana wrote:Justice points is like emblems of heroism were when Wrath started - they buy the lower level vendor gear (and anything earlier, including all the Wrath emblem gear). Valor points (I think they're called) will be like the emblems of valor when Wrath hit - they buy slightly higher ilevel gear.

Once another tier of raiding comes out, that tier will be available for valor points and the previous max level tier will become available for justice points.

At least that's how I understood it.

Lovcat, thanks for the heads up. I just need to pick up the bow for my rogue and warrior, but I was going to wait. I'll go grab it now instead.

Has anyone checked the prices for heirloom gear at the Argent Tourney? If the prices haven't changed there, at least we'll have access to it more cheaply with a few days of dailies.
As far as I know the beginner dungeon gear is available using justice points. (Saw something like that on mmo-champion.)

I doubt the prices have changed at the argent tourney area mostly because it's a different currency. That is a nice alternative though.

Coldfire989
Realm: Carine

Unread post by Coldfire989 »

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/198 ... Epic-Stats

Scroll down a bit and it will show what gear is bought with what kind of points. But basically 5man run equivalent blues are from Justice Points and Valor/tokens get you the Raid stuff.
Beastmaster....yea there's a Pet for that!
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

Hmmm i've never brought Heirloom gear i don't even know how to use it XD
Bellatryx
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

cowmuflage wrote:Hmmm i've never brought Heirloom gear i don't even know how to use it XD
Chest and shoulders EACH give a 10% experience boost to kills and quests. Totally worth the emblems if you ask me.

Gundo
Realm: Chromaggus

Unread post by Gundo »

just thought I'd share my plan...I'm currently full on my main realm all my toons are 60+ so deleting is not an option...so I've decided to move my lock with 5000g (limit) and all the heirloom gear. That way I can make a goblin on my main server and have the heirloom gear for my undead hunter, tauren pallie etc

Also I'm filling the locks bags with 50+ baby raptor pets I farm and sell currently on my main server. (dart,leap,deviate,ravasaur,razormaw)
My main is a Undead warrior but I adore my hunter, Gundo. Hunter love Fo reeels! I currently have 5 80's 4 of which are doing ICC 25 reg and heroics.
Bellatryx
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Gundo wrote:just thought I'd share my plan...I'm currently full on my main realm all my toons are 60+ so deleting is not an option...so I've decided to move my lock with 5000g (limit) and all the heirloom gear. That way I can make a goblin on my main server and have the heirloom gear for my undead hunter, tauren pallie etc

Also I'm filling the locks bags with 50+ baby raptor pets I farm and sell currently on my main server. (dart,leap,deviate,ravasaur,razormaw)
LE GASP~!
That's where all the raptors have been going. LOL jk.
*hides*

Sarayana

It's a good plan. I just suck at playing on multiple servers. ... though that's where I'll end up anyway, what with only having 3 slots for *counts* 6 or 7 new toons. :?

Much gratitude to Spiritbinder for the signature and Vephriel for the avatar! <3

Aleu
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord.

Unread post by Aleu »

Good thing I got the heirlooms for my future Mage and Paladin. Can't you still buy them with Champion Seals? I actually found that easier since both my Hunter and Druid have a bunch of unspent seals.

NEW SIGNATURE PENDING... SOON.
{Flight Rising}

Adam-Savage
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Anvilmar

Unread post by Adam-Savage »

With the new Heirloom gear you get from the guild vendor and the guild perk you can reach 25% xp Bonus on quest and killing creatures. I don't know if this will change or not but I was able to buy it using old with only needing to be honored with my guild.
Makoes
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

I am just farming EoT for duplicate BoA's now.
...There are BoA items at the Argent grounds? O.o haven't found this vendor yet, where is s/he?

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Adam-Savage
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Makoes wrote:I am just farming EoT for duplicate BoA's now.
...There are BoA items at the Argent grounds? O.o haven't found this vendor yet, where is s/he?
The Boa Items at Argent Grounds are the same as the ones you buy with herolim badges. The Vendor is in the far tent that's closest to the basin. However you need to be a certain rep lvl with grounds and an alliance faction to even see anything she sells.
Sarayana

I think you need to have unlocked the Crusader title and the extra dailies to have access to her.

As for the new heirloom gear (the only stuff that'll work from 81-85), I think that's right Adam. Well, I don't know if they're changing the rep requirement, but I haven't heard that they'd charge anything but gold for guild level rewards.

Phantomwolf
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Korialstrasz

Unread post by Phantomwolf »

I got about 3/4 of my epic gear on both my DK and hunter which made my DPS not horrible but decent. Then I started farming heirlooms, when I moved Wolf over to Wyrmrest I moved some of the heirlooms with him. Just the rogue stuff though, I could have a hutner use it or the feral druid I plan to make. I have armor on the server with a DK: hunter and shammy share their heirloom peices; while warlock and warrior have their own sets. The only thing I don't have is the trinkets, although I plan to get them at a later date...
"Thanks to Veph for the awesome siggy! I love you!"
Sarayana

Yeah I have done the same, Phantom. I have the leather AP set, the plate set, and the cloth set. That way I have something for everyone. Aside from that, I have one of each trinket, the bow, the 2h axe, the sword, the dagger, and the spell power mace. I know the weapons don't cover every class, but it'll do. The main point is the experience bonus anyway. :)

Adam-Savage
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

If you want to farm justice points then go do the Venture Bay pvp Dailys. You will get a whole bunch of venture coins which are later converted.