Old Raids are they still runnable after today (4.0.1) patch

Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
bloodysam
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Scryers!

Old Raids are they still runnable after today (4.0.1) patch

Unread post by bloodysam »

I was wondering this because i am trying to get the mounts but i don't know if they are taking out the raids alrdy i wouldnt think so because the expansion hasnt came out yet so he hasnt destroyed the world and all? If some1 knows this could you tell me plz plz plz :)

Born a lonewolf...choosen to be with pets!
Thanks for the awwsome signature Pooksie!!
Sekhmet
Realm: Bronzebeard

Re: Old Raids are they still runnable after today (4.0.1) pa

Unread post by Sekhmet »

This patch is, by and large, simply just for class and system/UI changes. The world will be torn asunder in the next patch, 4.0.3.

To answer your question, yes. All raids will remain in-game after the patch today. ZG will be, most likely, taken out in 4.0.3.
Darknez

Realm: Bloodhoof - EU, Hellscream - EU

Unread post by Darknez »

The current "oddity" is that even though the portal to ZG is gone in the beta - if you check the calendar the raid reset times for ZG are still present. Suggests the instance is still there - but there is no gateway into it.

I do wonder whether the current "raptor" quest chain is just to get a Razzashi Raptor companion (same model/colour) - but I have hope that some how, some way, we can still get the two mounts... Troll archaeology or something?
Either that or I get incredibly lucky in the coming weeks...
Jibashi
Realm: Zenedar (EU)

Unread post by Jibashi »

I really hope they will give us the chance to obtain the mounts in some other way after Zul'Gurub is gone... I've been farming the tiger mount for so long and I'm going to be really sad if it becomes completely unavailable... :'(
Ryai
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Ryai »

Jibashi wrote:I really hope they will give us the chance to obtain the mounts in some other way after Zul'Gurub is gone... I've been farming the tiger mount for so long and I'm going to be really sad if it becomes completely unavailable... :'(
Same- and if someone tries to go 'try harder' how the hell can you try harder!? I had a GM basically tell me to try harder when I complained about Ryai getting a second ram, because evidently Blizzard didn't make it where it was flagged as unique and the two alts I desperately wanted even just the damn ram on, got nothing.

Being told to Try Harder over RNG makes people unhappy.

But hell, making them quest rewards, rep rewards, drops from five mans or something would be better than just retiring the mounts.