Dear Rare-Hunters, "Hunt for the Golden Cat!"

Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Mania
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Dear Rare-Hunters, "ARAGA PL0X"

Unread post by Mania »

Senna-Umbreon wrote:(Not trying to nit-pick here but.. Why do people call the yellow spotty cats leopards? Leopards don't have black dots for spots. Cheetahs do. The ones in-game even have the tear-marks that cheetahs do. ... So why do I keep seeing people calling them leopards? *Flails and huggles her in-game cheetahs and her cheetah plushies*)
Continuing the derail ... I'm switching the cat look names over to things that (I think) are more understandable for everyone - so for instance 'striped' and 'spotted'.

But I admit that I mis-named most of the cat looks initially based on my naive understanding of big cats. ;)
Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Mania wrote:
Senna-Umbreon wrote:(Not trying to nit-pick here but.. Why do people call the yellow spotty cats leopards? Leopards don't have black dots for spots. Cheetahs do. The ones in-game even have the tear-marks that cheetahs do. ... So why do I keep seeing people calling them leopards? *Flails and huggles her in-game cheetahs and her cheetah plushies*)
Continuing the derail ... I'm switching the cat look names over to things that (I think) are more understandable for everyone - so for instance 'striped' and 'spotted'.

But I admit that I mis-named most of the cat looks initially based on my naive understanding of big cats. ;)
I think you named them properly. :) As said, the models in wow are far too big to be cheetahs.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Ariamodasu
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Hellscream (EU) | Terokkar (EU) | Bloodhoof (EU)

Re: Dear Rare-Hunters, "Hunt for the Golden Cat!"

Unread post by Ariamodasu »

Hey daft/alternate model names are fine, "On Fire" and "Not on fire" cracked me up when I saw them ealier.
My main's a Druid so I of course love critters. That counts for something right? Right?

-

Rest in Peace Yasindra/Ryai
Mania
Administrator
Administrator

Unread post by Mania »

Oh my - I forgot I left those like that! Whoops. ;)
Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Ariamodasu wrote:Hey daft/alternate model names are fine, "On Fire" and "Not on fire" cracked me up when I saw them ealier.
LOL!

But seriously, I'm not seeing a confirmation on Broken Tooth's current beta color in any thread other than this one.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

ummeiko
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Illidan / Cho'gall / Blackhand

Unread post by ummeiko »

Broken Tooth (whom I think would make a better transition to this model than Araga anyhoo):
WoWScrnShot_111110_143251.jpg
WoWScrnShot_111110_143251.jpg (183.47 KiB) Viewed 1217 times
I remembered my little Night Elf had one, so I quickly transferred her.

And then put in a suggestion.

Kalliope

Thanks, Ummeiko!

*wonders where Blizzard intends to put these models*

YouTube Edition

Theaden
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Trollbane US, Lightbringer US

Unread post by Theaden »

I posted this awhile back when Blizzard wiped our pets in BETA. http://forums.wow-petopia.com/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=4132
My partner has been causing clothies ill since 12/04. I miss her 1.0 speed. She needs a major face lift. I have a alt there flying around always looking for her.
Kalliope

We've known Broken Tooth is out there, but needed a fresh picture from this patch, since there could have been a skin swap! :D Unfortunately, there wasn't. -_-

YouTube Edition

Ryna

Unread post by Ryna »

Ariamodasu wrote:Hey daft/alternate model names are fine, "On Fire" and "Not on fire" cracked me up when I saw them ealier.
Add me to that list! I actually had to show my husband that when he wondered why I was laughing.
Senna-Umbreon
Realm: Eonar, Nesingwary, Windrunner and the Venture Co.

Unread post by Senna-Umbreon »

Taluwen wrote: I think you named them properly. :) As said, the models in wow are far too big to be cheetahs.
(Further continuing this XD) Well, something tells me Blizzard wouldn't create a specific model JUST for cheetahs. Besides, this is WoW! They can look however they want, bulk wise. And even though the model isn't cheetah like, there is no way they're leopards anyway, as the markings are CLEARLY cheetah markings.
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Senna-Umbreon wrote:
Taluwen wrote: I think you named them properly. :) As said, the models in wow are far too big to be cheetahs.
(Further continuing this XD) Well, something tells me Blizzard wouldn't create a specific model JUST for cheetahs. Besides, this is WoW! They can look however they want, bulk wise. And even though the model isn't cheetah like, there is no way they're leopards anyway, as the markings are CLEARLY cheetah markings.
Leopards do have spots too, yanno. xD

LisaaraPokefarm

pengupuff
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Skywall

Unread post by pengupuff »

That certainly is a pretty model, and I hope it gets put in somewhere.

And as far as the whole WoW biology of pets thing is concerned... well, World of Warcraft is a game in which viking zombies, dinosaurs, dragons, shape-shifters, demons, aliens, and elves all exist in a world that sustains floating islands, flying ships, and a complete disregard for physics in general. I don't they were shooting for photo realism here. ;] This is a fantasy MMO, not National Geographic online.

"Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who could not hear the music." - Angela Monet

Check out my stable!

Senna-Umbreon

Taluwen wrote:Leopards do have spots too, yanno. xD
I know. But their spots aren't just black dots.

This is a leopard: http://demonmoth.deviantart.com/art/Leopard-36461897 Notice the round rosette spots?
And this is a cheetah: http://shesblindwithscience.deviantart. ... h-29781142 See the simple blact spots?
Now here is the yellow spotted cat in WoW: http://www.wow-petopia.com/look/tigerskinyellow.html Simple blact spots. Not to mention the tear marks. This is clearly a cheetah, not a leopard.
Makoes
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

this is starting to remind me of when I went as a cheetah for halloween...I got called a lion, a tiger, a panther, a leopard...and only twice a cheetah, even though the mast clearly had the tear markings...
I dont mind so much the mix-up with leopard/cheetah...but lion or tiger...really? its a wonder we survive as a species! (this is in no way a comment directed to anyone on the thread. its directed at that halloween memory)

but, back on topic...Do you think blizzard will introduce this skin into the game? (though more I am hoping for that white/blue model!)

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Senna-Umbreon

Makoes wrote:this is starting to remind me of when I went as a cheetah for halloween...I got called a lion, a tiger, a panther, a leopard...and only twice a cheetah, even though the mast clearly had the tear markings...
I dont mind so much the mix-up with leopard/cheetah...but lion or tiger...really? its a wonder we survive as a species! (this is in no way a comment directed to anyone on the thread. its directed at that halloween memory)
That makes me die inside SO MUCH. D:
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Makoes wrote:this is starting to remind me of when I went as a cheetah for halloween...I got called a lion, a tiger, a panther, a leopard...and only twice a cheetah, even though the mast clearly had the tear markings...

but, back on topic...Do you think blizzard will introduce this skin into the game? (though more I am hoping for that white/blue model!)
Off: Yeah...lion? tiger? WTF?

OT: I hope soooooo......that'd be better for Rak'shiri....

LisaaraPokefarm

Lohuran
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Sentinels (RP)

Unread post by Lohuran »

At this time I would like to add that WoW Animal Kingdom does NOT EQUAL RL animal kingdom. After all, our turtles and spiders are freakin' ginormous and our crocs have six legs. :3

Also. The cats in WoW appear much heavier than a cheetah, so a leopard seems like the closest thing to me.
Last edited by Lohuran on Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Lohuran wrote:At this time I would like to add that WoW Animal Kingdom does NOT EQUAL RL animal kingdom. After all, our turtles and spiders are freakin' ginormous and our crocs have six legs. :3
This is definitely true.

LisaaraPokefarm

swordoath
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Eonar

Unread post by swordoath »

While we're comparing leopards and cheetahs, I'd like to add that I'm still waiting for tameable cats with Clouded Leopard spots. Likely a loooong way off. :P

The golden cat this thread is looking for is quite pretty. Hopefully something is found with this skin!

Credit for awesome signature to the awesome Vephriel