Ravager rearrangement (new skins!)

Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Ravager rearrangement (new skins!)

Unread post by Wain »

The mess that is/was ravager colours is too complicated to go into here, but suffice to say a number of cool skins have been missing, while two are only available on colour changers. A while ago I submitted a fairly complicated suggestion on how to resolve that AND get all the missing skins into the game (edit, seems I and the devs have both missed one... CrawlerVar3 :( ). After the daggertails, I went to check on the ravagers in BEM and started to wonder if they'd listened... apparently they have! I'll detail all the ones that have changed here, and leave a list of the ones that are unchanged below that. I'm fairly sure every last ravager skin is now on a stable-colour mob except for CrawlerVar3, and all but one is tameable (see the Death Ravager below):

- The Rip-Blade Ravagers in BEM were always colour changers and 2 of 3 of their colours were unique to them (crawlerpurple and crawlervar2)). Now they ALL seem to be CrawlerPurple. Every last one I looked at was. I tamed one and resummoned it a number of times and only ever got that colour. I'm pretty sure it's stable!
WoWScrnShot_111110_173349.jpeg
WoWScrnShot_111110_173349.jpeg (863.94 KiB) Viewed 1229 times
. This means that CrawlerVar2 is now unavailable unless they followed part 2 of my suggestion....

- Well, it took for freaking ever to wait for these, but I went back and Gore-Scythe Ravagers are indeed now tameable. They ALL seem to be CrawlerVar2. And when I repeatedly resummoned, it stayed that colour. Yes!! So that takes care of that skin as well.
WoWScrnShot_111110_183617.jpeg
WoWScrnShot_111110_183617.jpeg (956.07 KiB) Viewed 1229 times
WoWScrnShot_111110_183633.jpeg
WoWScrnShot_111110_183633.jpeg (908.19 KiB) Viewed 1229 times
- Nethermine Ravagers are now CrawlerVar7, another missing colour. They used to be CrawlerOrange, which is a skin that another ravager (Ravager Specimen on Azuremyst) also uses, so now it's got a new skin instead of a dupe. And yes, they're still tameable. The new colour is very similar to CrawlerPurple, but the blue chest is a richer cobalt blue, and the spines on their backs are a bit more fluoro:
WoWScrnShot_111110_182311.jpeg
WoWScrnShot_111110_182311.jpeg (523.16 KiB) Viewed 1229 times
- Lost Ravagers in Winterspring all seem to be CrawlerVar4 now. They used to be colour changers that included this unique colour and 2 others that are used elsewhere. I reset them a few times and they only appeared as this skin. My tamed one only seemed to summon in this skin too. So that's that skin taken care of!

Finally, off to Azuremyst... that place is comparably terrible to get around once you get used to Old World flying. It's ironic they decided to leave it unflyable when it appeared in the expansion that actually introduced, and was coded for, flying. Grumble, grumble...

- The single Death Ravager in the cage is now the really striking CrawlerVar6. It was only accessible for a Warrior quest, And since they removed class quests, it was unused so I suggested it could be made available to everyone and use this skin instead of its old one. However I still can't open the cage to tame it! I wonder if that's a bug. Gaaaaah!! Ah well, on to Bloodmyst... UPDATE: I went back after Bloodmyst and tried chests and stuff and looked for a key-giver. No luck till eventually I found one of the Ravager Specimens dropped a Ravager Cage Key! Opening cage... Oh god, he's not tameable :~( Oh that's sad. I thought he was the best looking of the bunch. Anyway, a screenshot of him:
WoWScrnShot_111110_201334.jpeg
WoWScrnShot_111110_201334.jpeg (496.41 KiB) Viewed 1229 times
- Bloodmyst Hatchlings now use the very cool and unusual CrawlerVar9, which is kind of olive and pink:
WoWScrnShot_111110_200051.jpeg
WoWScrnShot_111110_200051.jpeg (508.82 KiB) Viewed 1229 times
They originally used CrawlerGreen, which is the same colour as the Enraged Ravager (also on Bloodmyst). I better go check those are still green... yup, they still are.

Unchanged:
Thornfang Ravagers are still CrawlerElite_Purple
Thornfang Venomspitters are still CrawlerVar8
Razorthorn Ravagers are still CrawlerGreen (and still untameable)
Razorfang Ravagers are still CrawlerElite_Orange
Razorfang Hatchlings are still CrawlerVar1
Tamed Ravagers are still CrawlerOrange. They're flagged as tameable, but you get the "already controlled" error if you try
Quillfang Skitterer is still CrawlerVar5
Quillfang Ravager is still CrawlerElite_Green
Ravager Specimen is still CrawlerOrange
Enraged Ravager is still CrawlerGreen
Last edited by Wain on Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Re: Ravager rearrangement (new skins!)

Unread post by pop »

so much awesome!
Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Gahhh, I need to retame Cassandra now. D: Thanks for the list of unchanged skins! <3 WONDERFUL suggestions and changes, as always! This should hopefully be a hit with ravager fans!

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Necrie
Realm: Draka

Unread post by Necrie »

Wain wrote:- The single Death Ravager in the cage is now the really striking CrawlerVar6. It was only accessible for a Warrior quest, And since they removed class quests, it was unused so I suggested it could be made available to everyone and use this skin instead of its old one. However I still can't open the cage to tame it! I wonder if that's a bug. Gaaaaah!! Ah well, on to Bloodmyst... UPDATE: I went back after Bloodmyst and tried chests and stuff and looked for a key-giver. No luck till eventually I found one of the Ravager Specimens dropped a Ravager Cage Key! Opening cage... Oh god, he's not tameable :~( Oh that's sad. I thought he was the best looking of the bunch. Anyway, a screenshot of him:
WoWScrnShot_111110_201334.jpeg
Bugger. Hope they fix that because that is a really slick looking skin !
*crosses fingers*
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Oops, apparently I missed CrawlerVar3, which I don't think has been used yet. So that's 2 skins that are still out :(
VelkynKarma
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Quel'Dorei, Nessingwary
Location: Saturo's necromancy class. Karma = World's Worst Necromancer.

Unread post by VelkynKarma »

Found this AFTER my post in that other thread....oh well.

This is probably the one and only disappointment for me....the color changers no longer color-changing. I tamed Inachus specifically because he changed colors, and had an idea that he changed colors depending on mood. I used to tell how he was feeling based on the totally random change of color when I mounted/dismounted or summoned him. Guess that won't be happening anymore...

The other color palettes look fantastic, though. :)

~VelkynKarma

Silinrul and Jiaphyon of <Ominous Latin Name>

A big thanks to Vephriel for the awesome signature :)

Help my Dragons

Kalliope

As I posted in the other thread, it sounded like the color changing pets would still color change unless replaced by new pet ids. Confirm/deny, someone on beta? :D

(And Wain, I'm glad the enraged ravagers still use the other color of green, because that's the only place for that color left! And why I have to go retame Cassie. Should be good for any hordies visiting to pick that color up to know. ;))

YouTube Edition

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Kalliope wrote:As I posted in the other thread, it sounded like the color changing pets would still color change unless replaced by new pet ids. Confirm/deny, someone on beta? :D
While I can't say for certain, I would guess that the ones that were changed to single colours use the old id and have had their multi colour options removed. If they were going to create new ids they could have just added one for each colour. It's probably too difficult this close to release and they just wanted to fix what they could. Who knows?
Sarayana
Realm: Ysera-US, Nesingwary-US

Unread post by Sarayana »

Ooooh I might go tame the orange/purple one! That was always my favourite skin, but I couldn't resign myself to the colour changing. :| Excellent news!

Also, I hope the blue/green one becomes tameable, that is beautiful!

Much gratitude to Spiritbinder for the signature and Vephriel for the avatar! <3

Teigan
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

So, I can finally get the ravager skin I want, without it being a color changer...sorry, Zola, but your going to be having some cosmetic work done! :lol:
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

Wait why are they in Winterspring O.o How did that get there! WTF!
Sarayana

cowmuflage wrote:Wait why are they in Winterspring O.o How did that get there! WTF!
Haha I was half thinking the same... then I remembered that there are fireflies in Loch Modan and I saw pictures of Outlands basilisks somewhere in Old Azeroth too. Seems the Dark Portal has a leak?

Much gratitude to Spiritbinder for the signature and Vephriel for the avatar! <3

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

Hmm yes it sure does seem that way lol we need a plumer or somthing. Mario maybe
Rhyela
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

Ooooo, that CrawlerVar9 is some hawtness. Awesome!!!

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

cowmuflage wrote:Wait why are they in Winterspring O.o How did that get there! WTF!
They spawn from rifts/portals, as do the green warp stalkers. That's why they have names like "Lost" and "Displaced". So I think these things are getting sucked from Outland via those rifts. I haven't done the new questlines there, so I'm not sure of the story.
Cerah
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Alterac Mtns, Maelstrom, Nesingwary, Silver Hand

Unread post by Cerah »

I have to say, I'm kind of disappointed. Like VelkynKarma, I tamed my Ravager, Eris, because she's a colour-changer, and named her after the Greek goddess of chaos to reflect this aspect. The purple is my favourite out of the three skins, but still. I just tamed her yesterday too ...

Visit Pop Seagull Publishing
Original Canadian Science Fiction, Fantasy and Horror
Sleep is Temporary. Reading is Forever!

Kalliope

Cerah wrote:I have to say, I'm kind of disappointed. Like VelkynKarma, I tamed my Ravager, Eris, because she's a colour-changer, and named her after the Greek goddess of chaos to reflect this aspect. The purple is my favourite out of the three skins, but still. I just tamed her yesterday too ...
Yeah, I feel bad for those who themed along those lines. :/ And I know someone who had just tamed one too, sigh. D:

My error on the unconfirmed info; I guess I mistook Jang's (or someone's) post as saying that the pet they had was still a changer. :(

YouTube Edition

Sarayana

I think there was just an overwhelming desire to remove colour changers. I mean, it's sad for those that like them, but Blizz can clearly see numbers of how many hunters actually tame colour changers so I'm assuming they're making their decisions on the basis of those numbers.

Personally I'm glad because my favourite skin (orange/purple) was only available on a colour changer. Ideally, there'd be both though. :|

Anyia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Jubei'Thos (US/Oceania)

Unread post by Anyia »

I thought I'd quite like a color changer, but after taming one of the raptors I never managed to "click" with it.
Mania
Administrator
Administrator

Unread post by Mania »

Anyia wrote:I thought I'd quite like a color changer, but after taming one of the raptors I never managed to "click" with it.
I had the same reaction to the color-changing saber worg (the Wrath model).