Bigfist and You

Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Sonam
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Kirin Tor

Bigfist and You

Unread post by Sonam »

All this hubbub over cats. You might find yourself all hopped up on the excitement we get from new beasties available, sometimes to the extent of physical exhaustion and mental trauma (see a recent thread on this, nearby). However, there is still a tragic occurrence in our pet-loving world, and that is the lack of new Gorillas! You'd think with there being two STV's now, there would at least be one new Gorilla somewhere. Well, there kind of is.

As you may already know (you probably don't), I've been pining for the addition of a neat little beasty to our pet arsenal. The pet-candidate in question, is Bigfist. I can appeal to your sensitive hearts, with the poor thing being described as a 'tortured beast' in the quest related http://cata.wowhead.com/quest=25374. The Big Ol' Yeti model/skin combo being a recycled gorilla framing, it isn't too far of a stretch to think he might someday be a tame. It'd definitely give the Gorilla family a breath of fresh air, since the monkeys got their own family. I've heard of this really cool website that is a pet guide for hunters *cough* where upon you can see just how sad their lack of Gorilla selection is (compared to say, kitties). We don't even get that robotic skin yet! (To my knowledge)

Obviously this is a bit controversial since we often see Yeti as humanoids, and we've already had issues with taming humanoid beasts in the past (think of a certain Worgen). Try not to think about the fact some can talk, since at least one Raptor can talk in Cataclysm (through science), and they were avid home builders in the past. Remember those huts in the Barrens pre-cataclysm? Raptor built. We tame them, and just tell ourselves they stole the huts from less intelligent creatures. But, I'm getting derailed from my own topic. I've checked this guy out every build since my beta key discovery, hoping. The quest text, and hopefully the shameless plugging and banter will sway more to my view. Rally for Bigfist. Rally for change.

Also, here is a smile, since I know you all love those. :mrgreen:
Attachments
Rememberrrrrr
Rememberrrrrr
Bigfist.jpg (285.59 KiB) Viewed 904 times
WildcatTM
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Feathermoon

Re: Bigfist and You

Unread post by WildcatTM »

Pop those suggestions to the dev, yes? Those regular ole yetis don't show up as beast, do they?

Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Unread post by Rikaku »

Sonam wrote: Obviously this is a bit controversial since we often see Yeti as humanoids, and we've already had issues with taming humanoid beasts in the past (think of a certain Worgen). Try not to think about the fact some can talk, since at least one Raptor can talk in Cataclysm (through science), and they were avid home builders in the past.
Not to mention that we can basically tame a demi-god Snow Leopard (considering Loque'nahak IS Har'koa the Leopard Goddess' mate).

But man, a Yeti would totally make me get a gorilla-family pet lol.

Sonam
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Kirin Tor

Unread post by Sonam »

Exactly! We can tame some preeeetty ridiculous things. I've been suggesting this since I got the beta, too. Just looking for some opinions on it, maybe rally up some more voices toward the cause.
The Insect Man
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by The Insect Man »

New gorilla models would certainly be welcome

And the raptor stuff? Even more of it in Cat - the stolen silver questline got extended and you find a whole raptor "village" near Ratchet
Mania
Administrator
Administrator

Unread post by Mania »

Sonam wrote:Exactly! We can tame some preeeetty ridiculous things.
Shhhh! We don't mention that to outsiders! :D
Worba
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Uther, Zangarmarsh, Shu'halo, Fenris, Quel'Thalas+
Location: In Sethekk Halls, bothering Anzu (90 runs and counting)

Unread post by Worba »

Sonam wrote:Exactly! We can tame some preeeetty ridiculous things. I've been suggesting this since I got the beta, too. Just looking for some opinions on it, maybe rally up some more voices toward the cause.
Hard to tell from that screenshot, but I think this is a reskin of the white / blue one from Stormpeaks... which is basically Uhk'loc with a bunch of extra bits stuck on top, e.g. a gorilla.

I think Bigfist and those guys should all be made tamable gorillas (or at least have a tamable rare in same model).
Feath3r
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Feath3r »

Not a big fan of Gorillas, but I'm always a fan of adding more skins to the pet families (especially since the Cats, and to a lesser extent the Birds of Prey, are getting so many new skins!)

With the raptors, when you do the Venomhide Mount dailies your baby raptor draws pictures in the sand to tell you things (iirc it draws a bird to tell you it wants some feathers to make it's armbands).
Keleri
Realm: Balnazzar

Unread post by Keleri »

Oh man, I would so tame a yeti.
Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

And I shall name him Cheese...

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

Kalliope wrote:And I shall name him Cheese...
I would name mine, if I got one, Shreddy. Get it, Sheddy Yeti? Yeah....Nevermind...
Bulletdance
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Vek'nilash

Unread post by Bulletdance »

I would love to tame one of these. The horde have a quest in Howling Fjord that summons a black giant yeti that is simply amazing looking.
Darkcrow
Realm: Kilrogg

Unread post by Darkcrow »

Bulletdance wrote:I would love to tame one of these. The horde have a quest in Howling Fjord that summons a black giant yeti that is simply amazing looking.
I can only assume you mean Frostgore: