PTR: Unkillable pets?! WTB FOR LIVE

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Kikanu
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Shadowsong

PTR: Unkillable pets?! WTB FOR LIVE

Unread post by Kikanu »

Sorry if this is in the wrong forum, but this seemed right since it involved pets and cata stuff.

I was on the PTR, goofing around with another hunter while doing tames that require some work to get to, such as the ghostly kara wolves. We went out to Dragonblight, and were discussing how each worm skin was either a bad work of art, or was perfect in contrast and such. After we did this, I pulled out my Seagull (Named "Mine", simply for laughs), and attacked Rattlebore with just the seagull; no buffs, no help. Tiny bird versus giant killer worm.

The outcome; Mine killed Rattlebore and never dropped below 30~% health. In fact, he would constantly go back to full health!

I checked his spec first, as a curiosity. The only time the health went back to full was under 30% health. The closest skill to that was Cornered, where cunning pets do more damage when under 35% health. I took that out of his spec, leaving those extra points out. Round 2; Invincible Seagull vs Rattlebore. Once again, the seagull survived at max health. I took out another pet and tried with it; I used my nameless brainbug to do this. Another cunning pet, but far more fierce.

Round 3; Brainbug vs Rattlebore
Victory; Brainbug
Damage taken via recount; 74000~ (I forget the full number)

Now, the bug only has around 27k hp. Rattlebore went all out, doing insane crits. However, the healing bug came back! With a level 74 elite on farm with the glitch, we went out and tried a level 80 menace; Jotun in Dragonblight. Weighing in at 126,000 hit points, he is a terrifying contender. Brainbug went in, and to much surprise; Jotun was facerolled and defeated. All glory to the invincibility glitch! Finally, we decided to tackle much "larger" prey, and went for Thyrim in Zul'Drak. A massive 635k health, most certainly the ultimate test. For TWELVE minutes, Brainbug fought tooth and grey matter against Thyrim, nearly dying multiple times. However, The grey matter took home the gold when Thyrim died. Once more, we found that the bug would heal itself when dying.

The combat logs did not record ANY heals past the eventual 800~ from Spirit Bond, but gaining back almost 16k hp isn't Spirit Bond. Both of us could not believe our eyes, and we tried again with different pets; level 80 Ghamoo-ra and level 80 Skoll. Skoll died near instantly, Ghamoo-ra survived for a good 8~ minutes before getting stomped. Tenacity couldn't hold out forever, and Ferocity whimpered away in shame. We wanted to try doing ICC with just our pets, but we couldn't get in for some reason.

For the TL:DR format;

Your Cunning and Tenacity pets will most likely survive anything thrown at them by full healing out of nowhere when low on health. No cause found, it just happens. Clever girl....
Attachments
Tokka, my turtle, soon to fail
Tokka, my turtle, soon to fail
WoWScrnShot_111810_012108.jpg (134.52 KiB) Viewed 1623 times
Brainbug is triumphant!
Brainbug is triumphant!
WoWScrnShot_111810_011922.jpg (86.1 KiB) Viewed 1623 times
Mine killing Rattlebore, along with my commentary.
Mine killing Rattlebore, along with my commentary.
WoWScrnShot_111810_004255.jpg (179.78 KiB) Viewed 1623 times
WoW, where is my KAMEN RIDER BEETLE LARVA PET?
Trinia
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Greymane US & Aman'thul US

Re: PTR: Unkillable pets?! WTB FOR LIVE

Unread post by Trinia »

That's hilarious. I'd love to test that on the PTR in PvP, since everyone is obsessed with killing my babies. :[ "HAHAHA, KILLED IT---Wait, what?" I'd giggle as I kill them for revenge! <3

Florelline - Level 90 NE Guardian/Feral Druid - Greymane
Thiania - Level 90 Draenei Shadow/Holy Priest - Greymane
Trinia - Level 86 NE BM/Surv Hunter - Aman'thul
Walnut the Tyrant Devilsaur
Pearl the Ghostsaber
Itzal the Fel Windserpent
Melo the Albino Bat
Tikiniro the Warp Stalker

Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

You know, I bet this is a side effect from trying to fix the "ridiculously low health after pet spawn due to the owner's stats not being applied yet" bug.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Dragondarch
Realm: Trollbane

Unread post by Dragondarch »

I actually saw this same thing on live tonight. I was soloing AQ20 for kicks, and had my 80 Worm (Sandrina) out.

When I went up against Buru the Gorger, I did the fight the normal way until I had busted all 6 eggs, then started kiting him up the ramp. About halfway up I stuck my Worm on him, and kept kiting him until she took aggro. Buru, of course, started stacking that bleed on her quickly, followed by her taking huge spikes of damage.

However, every time she dropped down below like 10k (has 30k max) or so she'd mysteriously fully heal herself. She did this twice before Buru hit 20%. I looked at her talents afterward, and her spells as well just to make sure she didn't have something that did this, but found absolutely nothing. I didn't think to check my combat log afterward.
smashfanDS
Realm: EU - Silvermoon

Unread post by smashfanDS »

And here I thought Alliance players were actually nice enough to heal my wolf while it was tanking elementals that were attacking Stormwind :(
Sarayana
Realm: Ysera-US, Nesingwary-US

Unread post by Sarayana »

Hm. I wonder if that's what I saw last night, healing the elemental bosses. One guy's chimaera kept sitting in the fire on Flamelash and then hopped back up while I was casting a regrowth or Healing Touch (I still havent' figured out my new spell prio except that Nourish sucks now) so I had to cancel my cast. I thought it was a new and improved Mend Pet that was doing an amazing job (or me just never noticing how well it worked or something)... but it could very well have been this bug.

Quick, someone send their pet after Rattlebore! :D

Much gratitude to Spiritbinder for the signature and Vephriel for the avatar! <3

allogator
Realm: Eldre'Thalas

Unread post by allogator »

Yeah....I noticed this on a live a few days ago. I've only seen it with Tenacity pets though. My Spirit Beast dies no problem and I haven't tried any Cunning.

I just assumed my Mend Pet was crit healing for 25k.............................. :mrgreen:
VelkynKarma
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Quel'Dorei, Nessingwary
Location: Saturo's necromancy class. Karma = World's Worst Necromancer.

Unread post by VelkynKarma »

Hrm....I haven't noticed this too much on my pets, but then I mostly use ferocity and it seems to not work on them?

But then again....

Last night when Wind elementals were attacking Stormwind there was a moment when our section was virtually empty of players. Jia the Hyena ended up tanking a few elementals. I spammed mend pet on him like woah, but I couldn't keep up...and then he was at full health again. Since the attack was so chaotic I figured somebody else was nice enough to throw a heal on him (I saw him with a PW:S a few times too) but it coulda been this too maybe?

~VelkynKarma

Silinrul and Jiaphyon of <Ominous Latin Name>

A big thanks to Vephriel for the awesome signature :)

Help my Dragons

allogator

The first time it happened to me was when I was soloing Kara. I thought it was some weird super Mend Pet thing.

Then it happened a ton during the elemental invasion. I assumed it was a nice healer even though I wasn't partied.

Then it happened during all my other "solo old content because it's fun" trips. This only happened with my Worm and Turtle. (Neither have Last Stand).

My Spirit Beast would die as normal if I wasn't keeping up with my Mends.

It's not an all the time thing but it happens often enough that I purposely let my Mend slip off sometimes with large groups just to watch the health shoot back up.

First I was like: :?
Then I was :|
But then I was :headbang:

Guess we should put it in the Bug forums. :cry:
Sarayana
Realm: Ysera-US, Nesingwary-US

Unread post by Sarayana »

allogator wrote:First I was like: :?
Then I was :|
But then I was :headbang:
<3

allogator wrote:Guess we should put it in the Bug forums. :cry:
Nooooooooooooo. I'm uhm, sure it's, ah, "working as intended." Yes, quite certain. Quite.

Much gratitude to Spiritbinder for the signature and Vephriel for the avatar! <3

Tilo
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Stormrage, Cenarius, & Ysera-US

Unread post by Tilo »

This too happened with my kaz'ais' Buka(King Krush), during the elemental invasion in Thunder Bluff... still resulted in me getting pwned by an elemental but, yes Bukas' health fell then rose again
♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪
Signature Kamoodle []
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Hmmmmm.....

Now I'm curious if Rancid had this last night. I was getting back into my Skyguard rep grind, and went to summon Terokk. In the past I've had a hiccup where I died just before I could get him down, wasting his summon and making me miserable. I've been all nervous about messing up and dying so I hadn't tried him in a while, but decided to give him a go with a worm tanking.

Rancid didn't seem to take any damage at all, I just assumed he was leet. :lol: Even during the part where Terokk becomes immune and the pet has to sit there and take the damage, Rancid was just chilling. xD

EDIT: *gasp!* I should go try to solo some stuff like Anzu and ZG and see if he really is unkillable. >.>
allogator

Veph.

As a hunter you can totally solo all of ZG and Anzu. I do it every day/lockout with a Worm and my Spirit Beast.

Jindo is the hardest boss in ZG. :P

I've just recently started soloing Kara, also. I had been doing Attumen up until I got the mount and then decided why not the whole thing? I've made it to Curator and balked there because I didn't realize you could easily kill the adds. >_< I'll report back if I manage the whole thing.
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Hee, I know it's possible, but I've never really done too much heavy soloing, so I figure if the pets really are buffed I could ease my way into it by being OP. :lol:
allogator

/derailed!

I actually find it easier using a Spirit Beast. Between MD with Multishot and Spirit Mend/Mend Pet I kill things a lot faster than with a Worm. (Though burrow is awesome with larger groups)

Give it a try though! My favorite thing about Huntery is soloing everything I possibly can. If a buffed up Tenacity pet gets people to solo until the bug is fixed (and beyond!) I'm all for it. ;)
Nightsights
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Gilneas-US

Unread post by Nightsights »

tested this on Sapph, a quest DK 80 elite in Icecrown. tested for 2 mins each or till pet died.

Azzere - never dropped below 41%, frequent heals for up to 50% of its health pool

Ghost Hydra - died in about 30secs, never healed.

Echeyakee - never dropped below 32%, frequent large heals

Oil stained Wolf - never dropped below 31%, frequent large heals

gonna test some more, brb
Nightsights
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Gilneas-US

Unread post by Nightsights »

tested on some corp'rethar guardians near ICC, undead dog 80 elite, does an infected wound (increases physical dmg taken) and a mortal wound.

1st attempt Azzere died after almost 2 mins
2nd attempt, Azzere dropped to near death a few times towards the end, but killed it.

Wolf and Cat killed the mob, dropping to near death a few times towards the end.

the heals were random, timed the longest was 14sec, pets almost died, quickest heal was 3 secs. but never brings the pets' hp over 79%. pet could be at 2% or at 63%.

wolf and windserpent hp = 26.8K hp, heals up to 79%
cat hp - 25.2 K hp, heals up to 75%

Pit of Saron (normal)

caster elite, no skellies
wolf killed it in about 3 mins

caster w/ skellies
windserpent and cat, after about a min i multi shot to killed off the skellies(hit the caster too), caster died about a min later

elite skeleton
cat died after 2 mins, mob at 70%
wolf died after 3 mins, mob at 12%
windserpent wins after 4 mins, almost died a few times.

Heroic Pit of Saron

caster elite with 6 skellies
wolf - lasted about 2 mins, died
windserpent - lasted about 1 min, died
cat - lasted about 1.5 mins, died

elite skeleton
all died around 30-40secs
ZeroEdgeir
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Korialstrasz-US

Unread post by ZeroEdgeir »

I had the same happen tonite, with Stiria, one half of my Twin Sisters of Shiva kitties, when fighting Karrog up in Skettis.

Stiria got beat down to under 25%, and of course, I tossed another Mend Pet, but not 3 seconds later was back up to 85%+.

Dunno what did it, but oh well!

Totally off-topic: What would be a goog kitty to tame for Nix, the other Shiva Sister (thinking dark, and likely not a saber model)?
Skrimir - Level 85, and never did a single Northrend or Cataclysm Quest/Dungeon. Gogo Archaeology!
My Stables - Still trying to find a name for my Raptor, in a Final Fantasy genre-styling.
Ryai
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Ryai »

I decided to finally report the bug as well I thought you all were being silly and overexagerating and all that.

So tested it, Shango self healed.. massively.

But I thought ... ok it's just a one time glitch, has to be. Forgot about it for the most part; started to do some MGT runs. Facerolled normal easy enough. But HC was giving me hard times that is until.... I called out Shango.

Shango soloed the arena Demoness and her 4 friends. Outside of lick your wounds twice, she would drop to 2-5k hp and all a sudden be back to 16-25k hp. It was laughably ridiculous. Sunscale and I were killed twice by them but here, here was Shango, with no help, tearing into them and roaring all ferocious catlike.

I decided to finally ticket it as this.. this is just... yeah. It may be nice but this is just so open for abuse for all the wrong reasons and I must say I am sorely tempted to abuse it for those reasons.

I finally snagged a GM and it seems they first mistook it for a suggestion until I went on to explain it was well not from them. Mean they heal for like 2/3k max combined but 7k chunks? 14k chunks? yeah o-o
Anyia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Jubei'Thos (US/Oceania)

Unread post by Anyia »

I've yet to encounter this bug I'm sad to say.