Page 1 of 1
How much gold is earned in lvl 80+ quests in Cata?
Posted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:52 am
by Royi
just basic question, how much gold did you earn from 80-85?
Or if you're around 82-83 are you making much from quests?
Re: How much gold is earned in lvl 80+ quests in Cata?
Posted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:32 pm
by Miraga
I'm in Vash'jir right now at 81 and I'm earning ~7g or so per quest.

I'll probably be there into 82 or so as well so I'm assuming the gold per quest will remain the same.
Re: How much gold is earned in lvl 80+ quests in Cata?
Posted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:41 am
by Furiku
I'd say the starting rate for Hyjal and Vashj'ir is about 7 gold, but as I went into hyjal it slowly increased until I was making a good amount at the end. (I honestly don't remember.)
Let me put it this way. I started with 700 something gold today. I ended with 1600 something gold today. I finished Hyjal after getting about halfway through it previously, did one run of BRC and didn't even do Beauty because we killed Runty and didn't realize she'd get buffed (lol.) and got past the starting event in Vashj'ir and am now trying to not lag so much so I can tame my seahorse. And I sold anything I didn't need aside from the stuff I got from skinning & herbalism. So pretty much no matter what you do you will be making money lol. And btw, I'm not even halfway done with 82.
Re: How much gold is earned in lvl 80+ quests in Cata?
Posted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:18 am
by Vephriel
I've already made well over 2000g from questing, and I'm not even 83 yet.
Re: How much gold is earned in lvl 80+ quests in Cata?
Posted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:05 am
by Felidire
^
I had 2400g at level 80, I have 4400g half way through lvl 83. just take green weapons > plate > chest/legs > everything else as quest rewards & vendor them. There's even a quest in Uldum where the king gives you 200g as a reward.
I expect to have earned 3000-4000g after hitting 85.
Re: How much gold is earned in lvl 80+ quests in Cata?
Posted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:13 am
by Lisaara
Started out with 200g at lvl 80. I'm not lvl 82 and have almost 2k. What does that tell ya?
Re: How much gold is earned in lvl 80+ quests in Cata?
Posted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:21 am
by Royi
Taluwen wrote:Started out with 200g at lvl 80. I'm not lvl 82 and have almost 2k. What does that tell ya?
the line is about 30 seconds in:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Jup8-y30IA
Re: How much gold is earned in lvl 80+ quests in Cata?
Posted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:45 am
by Sorcha Ravenlock
I might bite the bullet on the very fast flying skill then once my hunter starts the level 80-85 zones. She has 6000 gold now, but I've been unwilling to spend it in case I needed it for something.