jadefang takes a while to spawn...

Relate your epic tames and show off your pets.
Blooddsurge
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

jadefang takes a while to spawn...

Unread post by Blooddsurge »

I have been camping jadefang since 9:00am to 5:40pm. and i have stayed in this cave all day. havent logged off or done a dungeon just been here all day and i havent seen anyone else come up here. and even if he did spawn my npcscan wuldve warned me:/

Does anyone know what jadefangs spawn timer is?
dizzy_moogle
Realm: Llane

Re: jadefang takes a while to spawn...

Unread post by dizzy_moogle »

I tamed Jadefang last night/this morning at 12:27 a.m, I then logged out there and came back this morning and camped her and she respawned right in front of me at exactly 3:04 p.m
Feydakin
Realm: Rexxar

Unread post by Feydakin »

I just tamed him at 7:30 EST on Rexxar, I am camped there. I logged in and he was there, and it took me a split second to decide... kill for pet or tame for companion? I tamed him of course. I'll let you know when he respawns for me. ;)

Pent
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Pent - Mt. Hyjal - Alliance

Unread post by Pent »

I have a question...

Can you only see the quest giver when you are L.85? I have been inside the cave where the quest giver should be for the last 3-4 days and have yet to see Rickets. (I am only 84, atm)

Also, if I am understanding this correctly... will Jadefang only be there IF no one else has tamed/killed it recently?
"Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it." ~ Terry Pratchett

I need more hunters, IMO.

"A hobby should pass the time, not fill it." --Norman Bates "Psycho"
Feydakin

Pent wrote:I have a question...

Can you only see the quest giver when you are L.85? I have been inside the cave where the quest giver should be for the last 3-4 days and have yet to see Rickets. (I am only 84, atm)

Also, if I am understanding this correctly... will Jadefang only be there IF no one else has tamed/killed it recently?
You can definitely see the quest giver and do the quest below level 85, as I did the quest when I was still leveling in the zone at around level 83 and saw him and did the quest.

Jadefang is the standard spawn cycle for rares as far as I know, something like 6+ hours after being killed or tamed it will respawn. As I said, I will confirm this when I see her respawn...
Pent
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Pent »

Feydakin wrote:
Pent wrote:I have a question...

You can definitely see the quest giver and do the quest below level 85, as I did the quest when I was still leveling in the zone at around level 83 and saw him and did the quest.

Jadefang is the standard spawn cycle for rares as far as I know, something like 6+ hours after being killed or tamed it will respawn. As I said, I will confirm this when I see her respawn...
So... if that Daily quest to get the bombs from the goblin isn't active for that day... you do not see the goblin... or is he/she always there?

If the goblin is always there I might have to open a ticket, because the NPC is nowhere to be found on my side.
"Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it." ~ Terry Pratchett

Feydakin

Pent wrote:So... if that Daily quest to get the bombs from the goblin isn't active for that day... you do not see the goblin... or is he/she always there?

If the goblin is always there I might have to open a ticket, because the NPC is nowhere to be found on my side.
No, if the quest isn't available that day, then the quest NPC won't be there. I just hang onto the quest so I can keep the bomb until I get what I want... ;)
Elo
Realm: Dragonblight

Unread post by Elo »

Jadefang took 20.5 hours to spawn for me.
Acherontia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Unread post by Acherontia »

I saw the questgiver, my husband could not. I assume you need to have finished Deepholm to see her--or do the "daily" quests vary by -person- as well?
Pent
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Pent »

Yeah, been checking since Expansion Day #2 and still have yet to see the NPC. I am wondering if I am just that unlucky at this NPC.. or I am missing something else...

Faolchu
Realm: EU-Deathwing

Unread post by Faolchu »

I've only started checking today as I run down my list of rares and yes I could not see him. I'm honoured with Therazane (with their area unlocked), lv85 and I've done 102 quests in Deepholme. I'm not sure if I need to do anymore quests to spot him but I've got a GM ticket open so I'll try to check.
Anyia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Jubei'Thos (US/Oceania)

Unread post by Anyia »

Just to add a couple of data points here:

I tamed Jadefang at 2am server time (Jubei'Thos), then killed for the companion pet at 2.20pm. I wasn't present for the first spawn, but saw it spawn for the second. 20 minutes past the hour seems to be a favored time for rares to spawn...

Since it was the wrong daily that was up, I was very much alone up there on the ledge. Fortunately I could use my mammoth mount for repairs, or I would've been rather unhappy from all the repair runs I would've had to do as I was queuing for heroics while camping. Camping on days when it's the wrong daily seemed like a good idea, and for me it paid off. Now I just need to get Terrorpene and a Madexx and I'll be all set from this expansion! :)
Faolchu

Unread post by Faolchu »

Does anyone have any advice on how to get up there (not including the daily I can never find/see), I'm trying rocket belt fail+disengage atm not having much success though 1st time i got a belt failure disengaged into a invis wall and slid down to the ground, since then disengage won't work :(.
Pent
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Pent »

Has anyone figured out why the NPC is there for some people and not everyone?

Just checking.

pengupuff
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Skywall

Unread post by pengupuff »

Any luck yet Blood?

"Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who could not hear the music." - Angela Monet

Check out my stable!

Sicq

Unread post by Sicq »

Faolchu wrote:Does anyone have any advice on how to get up there (not including the daily I can never find/see), I'm trying rocket belt fail+disengage atm not having much success though 1st time i got a belt failure disengaged into a invis wall and slid down to the ground, since then disengage won't work :(.
I spent like 3 hours yesterday trying to make my belt to fail, and it only failed twice, but I wasn't able to disengage. Today I tried again, and it worked, I was able to disengage into the cave and tame the mob (after two days of no daily quest).

What you have to do is tag any random mob and then send your pet to attack it; after both the pet and you are in combat, trap the mob and use the belt, hoping it will fail.

The first attempt I did it without a pet, so when I was thrown into the air, the mob evaded and came back to his spot, taking me out of combat. The second attempt I waited until the belt-failure parachute was used and when I tried to cast disengage it gave me a "You can't do that yet" message. The third time (the succesful one) instead of waiting for the belt parachute, I used the Flexweave Underlay parachute, then used disengage and it worked well.
Feydakin

So far Jadefang has been respawning at 6 hours on the dot pretty much since I tamed him the other day.

As to why the quest NPC for the bomb quest doesn't show up...
1) She doesn't show up every day with the daily, you might just be unlucky.
2) You have to have done the Therazane quests I believe enough to be able to do their dailies because I think the cave is phased and the daily NPC won't show up in there for you otherwise.
Faolchu

Unread post by Faolchu »

Thanks for those tips, slight differences to what I've been doing I'll give it a try next time I'm there if no daily :).
Rienen
Realm: Khadgar

Unread post by Rienen »

Well, my luck had to run out sometime. After getting Sambas this morning, and Ghostcrawler this afternoon, I fly to Deepholm only to get to JF and see just as someone is finished taming it. 2 rares in one day is insane. 3 would've just been silly. Still, I'll login in 6 hours and wait.
Taalshundaaz
Realm: Vek'nilash

Unread post by Taalshundaaz »

Camped for Jadefang using daily quest. Explosive jump is easy, just drop bomb on ledge, walk forward a bit, and jump 15 ticks later, right before 9 o'clock on cooldown timer. Executed the maneuver successfully three times, plus one miss when I did not walk forward enough from bomb. Well, Jadefang then spawned at exactly 4:00 PM realm time on Vek'nilash, after an hour or two camping. No joy though, as the tame was poached for taming by another Hunter. I was afk and took a few seconds getting back to keyboard after npcscan alerted. Yes, a whole few seconds. So, camped out again and Jadefang respawned exactly 9 hours and 8 minutes later, at 1:08 realm time. Targeted, dropped frost trap, fired concussive shot, then cast tame beast, using casting sequence macro. Nice little catch, quite effective helper against worms. Other deep spiders seemed to come over to visit her as we completed the daily and then made our way out.