"Your skill in Archeology has increased to 7"...

Slickrock
Illustrious Master Hunter

"Your skill in Archeology has increased to 7"...

Unread post by Slickrock »

Well, this is gonna take a while, but it's still better than camping rares and having them killed at the other spawn point...
Account has been closed at user's request.
Saturo

Re: "Your skill in Archeology has increased to 7"...

Unread post by Saturo »

It's definitely too slow, yes. Piece of advice: Don't assemble any artifacts until you hit skill 100. Up until 100 you get skill from every node, but after you only get it from assembling.

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

My mom just got my brother to do her archeology for her. >.<

I went up to 10, sat there, and went to play my lock instead. XD
Nia
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Sentinels - US

Unread post by Nia »

Having already leveled Arch to 525, and going from 81-84 on my Paladin in the process. I love Archaeology, it's a pretty fun alternative to doing the new zones. It also gives the chance of 85 BoA Epics as well as Vanity Items.

I would say the speed of it is fine. The worse part was 95-100 for me. Because I got a skill up every like 5 sites, and I gave up and just made an artifact at 97.

Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

I just made artifacts whenever I could, not thinking...
I'm at 325 so far. :-)

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Felidire
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary(A/H), Wyrmrest Accord(H)

Unread post by Felidire »

If you're after the Vial or the Uldum rare items, my advice would be "do not touch this profession with a 10-ft pole." I regret ever learning it, let alone spending 130-140 hours leveling it up and farming endlessly for nothing but greys and NE fragments! =P

You could get luck and pick up the good epics quickly.. or you could be stuck farming 10 hours a day for 2 weeks straight and start to gradually give up; just play that you don't get the latter. X3

--

I also heard from someone that they're buffing the profession so that you gain +15 instead of +5 each time you "Solve" something.. I never confirmed that, but if they intend to (or already have) it might be a good idea to level it to 100 and then just wait for the change.
Last edited by Felidire on Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

|Felidire| - |Harkoa| - dA - |Kibblepaws| - |Tiril|
B/W: Feli // 0347 2599 7931

erwil
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by erwil »

Did I read wrong, or did they get rid of those dig sites in Vash'jir? O_O I might actually go to Eastern Kingdoms and hunt me some dwarf and troll rares now.

And Felidire, I completely agree with you about the Tol'Vir ones. >_> 4000 Night Elf fragments say hi.
Felidire
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

erwil wrote:And Felidire, I completely agree with you about the Tol'Vir ones. >_> 4000 Night Elf fragments say hi.
I know, that's precious time that could've been better spent drawing.
Did you ever end up getting your vial recipe? =/

Edit: Well.. I guess we're all set if they ever decide to add new Fossil/Night Elf rares for lvl 90's in the next expansion? >.>;

erwil
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by erwil »

Felidire wrote: I know, that's precious time that could've been better spent drawing.
Did you ever end up getting your vial recipe? =/

Edit: Well.. I guess we're all set if they ever decide to add new Fossil/Night Elf rares for lvl 90's in the next expansion? >.>;
I've been pondering the exact same. -_- I took a holiday break from pretty much all my graphical work, but I really need to get back to it after New Year. And I'm really glad both Jadefang and the drake are no longer on my list of "WANT NAO".
And I never got lucky with the darn pattern. ;^; Keep building sand castles, but I suppose 11 empty jars is enough until Bliz makes some changes to the profession.

And the next expansion's server first Archaeologist will be reached within a minute if they leave the profession as it is. xD
Tsiya
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary

Unread post by Tsiya »

I hit 525 today, having tons of fun still, and I'll hit 85 from it tomorrow. I make the stuff on the spot because I have 0 patience for anything but pets lol.

My pets - My companions

Sig by Sookie!

ummeiko
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Illidan / Cho'gall / Blackhand

Unread post by ummeiko »

It's fun if you're just looking to kill time and maybe get some random flavor items. If you look for something specific, be it the recipe, staff, trinkets, zin'rhok, etc... then it will be hell.

Felidire
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Yeah.. it's so hell, infact, that I randomly got [Zin'rhok] made from the handful of troll sites in Kalimdor while trying to farm for the Vial Recipe.. I made the dwarf hearthstone from the 1 single dwarven digsite in kalimdor, and every fossil/NE rare/epic...

At this rate i'll have every single Uldum rare made by the time I even find that recipe.. I'm already HALF way through the tol'vir epics!! and I'm due for my next one very soon.. T_T;

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

I like the new skill :S
Slickrock

I think it will be fine.. it will just take a while. Since it's about the only "independent" thing in the game, you can go at your own pace, which is nice.

And yeah, I won't solve anything until I absolutely have to. I've heard you can go to about 150. And also to save keystones for rare items, at least at lower levels.

Sadly, there aren't any hunter loot items, but there are two cool mounts. The sword would be great for my DK, and no, I'm only doing it on one toon... ;)
Slickrock

And I think I discovered something else to do.. getting all the new flightpoints as you go through a zone can help make your routes a lot faster..
Sarayana
Realm: Ysera-US, Nesingwary-US

Unread post by Sarayana »

I absolutely love archeology as a relaxing time-waster (so much better than fishing in that regard!) but I agree that you gotta stop doing it "for" an item. Instead, saying that you'll get it if you get it will make the profession more fun. :)

That said, of course I'm hoping to get one of the two staves, the ring, the trinket, and well... this guy. The caster stuff would make my disc priest giggle with glee and the mount would make Sara a very happy girl indeed. :lol: Just sayin'. *nudges RNG*

Much gratitude to Spiritbinder for the signature and Vephriel for the avatar! <3

Setanta
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Terrokar, Dentarg, Alexstrasza

Unread post by Setanta »

I like it more than fishing as well. But they could do well to buff the amount of Uldum sites or at least their rate. My patience only has so much tolerance for farming Night Elf and Troll fragments instead of Tol'vir and Fossil.

Also, there are still some buggy sites that lead to nothingness because they're out of the digsite, and you can't get to them. Nor will the site go away as being completed so it sits there taunting you when you're trying to get new sites.

I will say that the one time I had all four EK sites in the same zone was lots of fun though.

Sargman (Void Elf) Terokkar
Serkrun (Orc) Dentarg
Untamabull (Tauren) Area 52
Sargmar (Blood Elf) Alexstrasza

If you're taking my posts 100% seriously, you're probably 150% too serious to read them.
Ket Shi
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Ket Shi »

Another tip I can offer is getting the addon Archy. It tracks digsites and assemblies much more intuitively.
Felidire
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

I'd kinda like an addon that shows a red circle on the floor where you looted an artifact, as i've looted somewhere between 1000-2000 digsites and noticed that many of the artifacts were in the exact same location. That way I could just fly to a red zone when the surveying equipment points me in that direction. (that's kinda what I do, and half the time I land smack right on target, it's kinda sad....)

Skyshot
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Fizzcrank US

Unread post by Skyshot »

Ket Shi wrote:Another tip I can offer is getting the addon Archy. It tracks digsites and assemblies much more intuitively.
^This^
I can't stress how easy this addon made leveling archeology for me.
The profession can still put me to sleep but this has made those cat naps more infrequent. :lol:

<My whelps - My Dragons>
"It's not denial. I'm just very selective about the reality I accept."
-Calvin and Hobbes