BM Tenacity tank builds?

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Takila
Realm: Vek'nilash

BM Tenacity tank builds?

Unread post by Takila »

Hello:)

Iam new to this forum (looks great i must say). Iam a BM hunter and gona stay that:p. Atm my new worgen hunter is only 55 but i have higer lvl hunter to.

I have read and read but havent realy found a Tenacity tank build for CATA. So could any of you nice ppl please post a nice one for me?

I apologice if i have overloked simular posts i have used the search but not foud any.

Takila
55 hunter on Veknilash
Saturo

Re: BM Tenacity tank builds?

Unread post by Saturo »

Here's how I would spec a tenacity pet as BM: http://www.wowhead.com/petcalc#0qzG0rMzbzor

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Unread post by Kurasu »

I use a couple of different tenacity tank builds. The main one I use is the one you'll see on Panzer in my stable. Heavy on the survival effects, and forget about the damage abilities mostly. Thanks to Kill Command and the rotations with misdirect, threat isn't really an issue!
Come see Kurasu's stables!
Miraga
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Zul'jin

Unread post by Miraga »

I couldn't see what Saturo used as her build so I apologize if this is just a copy! This is what I use, although serpent's swiftness and last stand are 2 points that I tend to vary. :D

http://www.wowhead.com/petcalc#0ioG0rMzboor
Takila

Unread post by Takila »

Ohh that was some fast answers:)

Sadly tho i cant se either Saturos or Miraga's specs on the links. Only get to a page to chose a pet family:(
Slickrock
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter

Unread post by Slickrock »

There are several articles over at: http://www.warcrafthuntersunion.com/

dealing with pet build, hunter build, and enchants/buffs.

Well worth the read if you really want to pet tank.
Account has been closed at user's request.
Miraga
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Miraga »

Slickrock wrote:There are several articles over at: http://www.warcrafthuntersunion.com/

dealing with pet build, hunter build, and enchants/buffs.

Well worth the read if you really want to pet tank.
Yes, go here! They have lots of good information on builds and everything! :D And yeah, the links are all weird... hmm...
Wark
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Earthen Ring-US

Unread post by Wark »

I think wowhead's pet calculator has been broken for a little bit, boooo.

Well, no idea how mine stacks up against theirs, but my heavy-duty BM pet tank, Gigulkamuko the beetle, has its spec over at my Armory-- to save you a trip, it looks like:
0/2 Serpent's Swiftness, 1/1 Charge, 3/3 Great Stamina, 2/2 Natural Armor
0/3 Spiked Collar, 1/1 Charge, 2/2 Blood of the Rhino, 2/2 Pet Barding
3/3 Culling the Herd, 2/2 Guard Dog, 0/2 Lionhearted, 1/1 Thunderstomp
2/2 Grace of the Mantis, 0/3 Great Resistance
1/1 Last Stand, 1/1 Taunt, 0/1 Roar of Sacrifice, 0/1 Intervene
0/2 Silverback, 0/2 Wild Hunt

Visual version:

Not super optimized, But I had absolutely 0 problems tanking everything I needed while leveling and questing. If you're below 85, pick up the DPS talents later! Or put them into more defensive talents if you like. I found that Shell Shield or whatever the Beetles' family ability is meant I needed less emphasis on "not dying now"-- a non turtle/beetle might want those last bits of defensive ability, rather than a modest damage boost.
Miraga
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Miraga »

Hurray Wark! :D

Mine is basically the same as with Wark but I don't have charge, boar's speed, taunt or last stand. I moved those points instead to 2/2 silverback, 2/2 wild hunt and 2/2 serpent's swiftness. I feel that I haven't needed any hardcore pet tanking thus far so that's why I don't have the taunt and last stand. Wark's build is fabulous if you plan to tank instances or even raids with your pet! All those extra defenses will definitely come in handy.

And I <3 my beetle Rorschach to bits. :D
Cialbi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Cenarion Circle (US-Alliance)

Unread post by Cialbi »

Well, I find that getting 2/2 Blood of the Rhino (and consequently 3/3 Great Stamina) is absolutely necessary for pet tanking. So, that's the first 5 points that you'll spend. At this point, you should probably get a point in Charge for the added utility (I think my only tanking pet without Charge is my turtle because the whole idea with my turtle is maximizing survivability. That, and having to wait around for my turtle to reach my target before opening fire is kinda fitting). Alternatively, you can invest that point into Natural Armor. The next five talent points should go into Thunderstomp, Guard Dog, and Grace of the Mantis. You can then invest the next talent point into Natural Armor, Spiked Collar, or Culling the Herd, depending on your preference (the main difference between Spiked Collar and Culling the Herd is that the former gives your pet more single-target threat relative to you, but the latter will improve Thunderstomp threat output and T5 2pc bonus healing if you have it). Now you have options open to you. I would advise getting Last Stand unless you're certain that you won't be needing it with your particular pet (if you're crazy like me, you'll have multiple tanking pets. Heck, my only spirit beast is specced for soloing). Same goes for Taunt; even with soloing, you have to be prepared for threat-dropping mechanics. Invest a point (and the points that you didn't use in Last Stand and/or Taunt) into Intervene (never really used this seriously on a pet, so can't say how good it is), Natural Armor/Pet Barding, Spiked Collar, or Culling the Herd. At this point, I would strongly advise Silverback (keep in mind that the Silverback healing will be buffed by both Blood of the Rhino and Spirit Bond), and investing the remaining talent points into the talents already listed. If you've maxed Pet Barding but still want more damage mitigation, you can put points into Great Resistance.
If you are focusing heavily on damage mitigation, I recommend that you still put points into Guard Dog and Thunderstomp. If you're focusing heavily on threat output, I recommend that you still put points into Blood of the Rhino and Grace of the Mantis.

You can poke around in my stables to see what tanking specs I'm using. I'm afraid that I've only recently reached 85, and some of my stabled pets are still 77. The tanking pets would be all the Tenacity pets except Silicase (a shale spider that is specced for DPS but able to function as an emergency tank thanks to Taunt and Thunderstomp). I almost always will be using Fonlithien and Chowder when soloing. Fonlithien is all about survivability, while Chowder is a more balanced build that is focused on AoE threat. I also have a couple non-Tenacity pet tanks that I use for soloing; Quetzaram and Aquind (The latter is Arcturis, and I may be buying a name change for it at a later date).
AKA Nazthandol, in <Petopians> (US)

Cute doesn't need an explanation.
_____

Avatar by LupisDarkmoon, and image caption by Kurasu. Thanks!

Takila

Unread post by Takila »

Thanks everyone for many realy nice builds:) I ended up whit Wark's on my crab and a self tailored spec (well looked at the specs here and tweked a bit is more corect) on my croc.
My crab have allready saved my groupe 3 times:p... ther is unbelivabely many crapy dk tanks around lvl60...

Thanks again Takila :)