So I'm pvp now?

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Krysannis
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Mok'Nathal
Location: Austin. The greatest city in the world.... well, at least in Texas

So I'm pvp now?

Unread post by Krysannis »

Alright, I have played WoW for about a year and a half so I'm still fairly new and still learning what's best for each situation. Anywho, the boyfriend and I transfered servers a couple days ago. We had been on a PVE server (Grizzly Hills) and now we're on a PVP server (stonemaul). I've gotten killed a number of times by members of the opposing faction in the few days I have been pvp. So my question is- What is the best pet for PVP? Note: I'm a survival hunter with a side of BM.
Siggy made by the wonderful lilatha
Jäysee
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Ghostlands

Re: So I'm pvp now?

Unread post by Jäysee »

A pet that stuns,interrupts,disarms,dazes,disorients,etc,etc. Some will same "only" use this pet or that pet but I think it should go with you play style. I wanted to tame a Madexx for the disarm ability, but thats just me...grab a casters staff, a warriors main hand, a hunters bow will help a lot.

ZoMbIe BeAr WiLl EaT yOuR BrAiNs!

Krysannis
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Right now I'm using my scorpid but I wasn't sure if they were a good pvp pet or not, I just think he is purdy >.>
Tudyk
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Thunderlord (A) Uther (H)

Unread post by Tudyk »

"It should go with your play style" is right on the money. Disarms/stuns/silences can be really useful if ya know when to use them. Anything with a reduction to casting time can be GREAT if you're having trouble with casters (like I do). Then there's always the good ol' slow/root fallback, which rocks for any non-caster.

Mostly, I just keep track humanoids/hidden on and try to wear as much stam as possible when I'm out runnin' around. That, or use the buddy system. =D

Thanks to Pengupuff for the sig!

SylviaDragon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Drenden/illidan

Unread post by SylviaDragon »

for surv and mm i would recomend a spider, wasp, crab or possibly a bat. (all have stuns/roots and some have charge as well) spec them with charge and roar of sacrifice if you can. thunderstomp on tanking pets can be helpful with dealing with pets/adds/ minions but can break cc. crocs and warp hunters are also nice with the movment slowing effects but do less damage. Also as said above disarm is good too. (so long as its not a mage or somthing =P)

For Bm I recomend shale spider (kings buff, roar of sacrifice and a stun/root and i think they have charge too), Silithid(fort buff, 4 sec root and Roar of sacrifice) Chimera for movment slow, getting in the way of attackers and a nice Aoe withut a cd. great for flushing out stealth. Core hounds are good against casters too with lava breath and hero. its all the choice of the player though.
a few other tips (although you probably do all of this already) is keep track humanoid/hidden and beast up at all times, when travling do so in pvp gear and have some pvp friendly macros on hand.=)

Krysannis
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Thanks for the tips!!! Keep any and all pvp tips flowing in! (I need them *blush*)

ATM I only have one pvp piece of gear. It's the Bloodthirsty Gladiator's Medallion of Cruelty, plus the macro to using the trinket. Like I said, I love the help. Feel free to look me up on the armory and tell me what I'm doing wrong lol.
seclipse
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Garithos

Unread post by seclipse »

i perfer pets with slows. stuns are nice but there really a 1 shot with a long CD, while most slows have very short CD's 5 sec slow 10s cd. makes for easy kiting and LOSing. in my SV spec i use a Croc m and in BM i use a chimera. but its really what you want and how you play, trial and error is the best way to find one.
Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Scorpids are nice for the disarm, but they don't help any against casters. Still, they ARE a PvP pet. :)

I would overall recommend a pet with a snare/slow/stun for world PvP. My favorite is still a spider, which would mean a silithid for BM.

Armory is acting up, so will have to check later. >_<

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Unread post by Kurasu »

I tend to like PvP'ing with my croc, for the same reason as mentioned above: I prefer slows to stuns as it makes it easier to kite. Not so helpful if you're up against spellcasters, though. You may want to consider the option of having a couple of pets with you to be able to do a quick exchange if things are looking 'caster-ish'. A gorilla will smart-cast its interrupts, and has the shortest CD of the pets. Not to mention the fact it's a tenacity pet, and thus will generally be harder to kill than the others, if not having as much damage. But as a Surv hunter, you're looking at a much smaller portion of damage dealt by your pet, so it wouldn't make as much difference as if you're BM.
Come see Kurasu's stables!