Quoth the Raven

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
malikith
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Quoth the Raven

Unread post by malikith »

OK sooo...

Soon as Ravens became tameable in the Outlands many many Moons ago I tamed one. The Raven is one of my favorite poems and the bird has a certain macabre and awesome feeling to it. At that time Carrion Birds were Tenacity so it became my "tank pet" overtime Carrion Birds became Ferocity and Onyx (my black bear) went back to "tanking for me.

Quoth then became a tertiary Ferocity pet as I was using Thorne (my wolf) or Barrajess (Humar) and as such didnt get much playtime.... They changed Quoth to a Cunning Pet and he got LESS playtime. Cunning pets dont seem to deal out the damage a Ferocity pet can..more PvP in my opinion.

BUT soon as pets got varied debuffs running a 3 hunter party became feasible. Sooo I went to Sethek Halls to tame the Raven that was still a Ferocity Pet and Quoth started becoming part of my regular carried Stable..often getting playtime when the "normal buffs' are already covered.

NOW I log in and find him to be reverted to a Cunning Pet. Please tell me they did not screw up the Sethek Halls bird and this was a fluke. I do NOT like Vultures etc so having a different Carrion Bird is out of the Question and I would REALLY like to have Quoth back to a playable Pet. Id rather go back..retame and relevel him than use a Cunning pet in PvE.
Fangz
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Greymane

Re: Quoth the Raven

Unread post by Fangz »

r they still tameable?
Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

ALL (almost) of the hawk and raven models have uniformly been switched to Birds of Prey.

As it stands, the Sethekk 'Brood of Anzu' ravens are the only ones in-game that remain carrion birds; otherwise you have to get a condor (which still have broken flight anims, gdi) or vultures.

Mind you, it's become pretty obvious that Blizzard wants the raven to be a BoP, so it's very possible they may change these eventually as their behavior is probably under the 'not working as intended' banner, but for now, they're still carrion birds. And yes, they're tamable.

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Unread post by Kurasu »

Nachtwulf wrote:As it stands, the Sethekk 'Brood of Anzu' ravens are the only ones in-game that remain carrion birds; otherwise you have to get a condor (which still have broken flight anims, gdi) or vultures.
Actually, what people are saying is that these Brood Of Anzu ravens have been changed to Birds Of Prey as well, from what I'm reading. :(
Come see Kurasu's stables!
Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

Bah, really?

Well, I have to say I expected it... Like I said, Bliz wants ravens = Bird of Prey so when they found out they missed one, they went back and fixed it.

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

Kirrandria
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Kirrandria »

I'm rather sad they made the change, as Nthanda was a big character in my RP and I cannot see her as anything but a carrion bird :< I'm also not fond of the vulture models, and by this point Nthanda has been established as a raven, which the blue vultures look nothing like. I wish they'd change it back, but in the meantime I've found an amazing carrion bird in Zaricotl, as the beautiful coloring absolutely overrides the fact that its a vulture model, at least for me xD I've been able to work it into my story, so it's still Nthanda ( just an undead version of her... ), but a large part of me still wishes that they'd change the ravens back to carrion birds, or at least make the Gilnaes ravens tameable as carrion birds.
malikith
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by malikith »

Yes...actually that was the Point. Quoth was a "Brood of Anzu" Model. I originally had the Raven from northern Outlands but when it became a Bird of Prey I went and got the Brood version...now even she is a Bird of Prey.