Rhilla's New Friends. (Complete for now!)

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Falcon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Rhilla's New Friends. (Complete for now!)

Unread post by Falcon »

After getting Rhilla to 41, I decided to take a break and go look for one of her planned tames, Hayoc, the white wind serpent of Dustwallow Marsh. He wasn't up the first time I looked, and Taluwen informed me that she'd tamed Rex Ashil so I went back to Stormwind to have a look at him and we got to talking a bit and she asked me if I wanted her to go look and see if Hayoc was up, and after telling me that it wouldn't be any trouble for her, I said sure, so I headed to Menethil Harbor just incase she were to run into him.

Instead she ran into Humar on her way there, and after thinking about it, I decided to pick him up for Rhilla. Funny how I used to hate this cat way back in Vanilla, but now I absolutely adore him, two of my hunters on Shadow Council also have him. She also informed me that Ripscale was up, but I already have Mahamba and the white skin for the Cata crocs is my least favorite, so I just let him be.

Her friend Lucas came to help us look for Hayoc up until I couldn't stay up any longer, but he was waiting for me this morning in the place I'd never seen him spawn before, over on the patch with all the noxious shredders. Hooray for dodging giant spiders and green wind serpents when still trying to wake up. Nothing aggroed me at all considering how much they wanted to eat me alive last night. O_o
Attachments
Taming Humar.jpg
Taming Humar.jpg (292.95 KiB) Viewed 3042 times
Humar tamed.jpg
Humar tamed.jpg (134.45 KiB) Viewed 3042 times
Taming Hayoc.jpg
Taming Hayoc.jpg (197.63 KiB) Viewed 3042 times
Hayoc tamed.jpg
Hayoc tamed.jpg (243.32 KiB) Viewed 3042 times
Last edited by Falcon on Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:42 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Tyuriwen
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Terenas (EU)

Re: Humar and Hayoc (I got him, Tal!)

Unread post by Tyuriwen »

Congratulations!!! I adore Hayoc, when Arkira's summoning animation got nerfed (it might seem a little mean to just keep a pet for its summoning animation, but I wasn't really fond of red :<) I picked up Hayoc, he was a great companion and I hope the same applies to you! =3

I'm with your Vanilla mode of thinking, can't stand the maned cats :P But it's always nice to change ^^ Gratz again!

Walk softly, and carry a big gun.

{My Pets|My Mounts}

malikith
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by malikith »

I love Humar..GRATZ!!! AND all of the Wind Serpents rock in my opinion (old world ones more than Outland but that is just me)

Soooo. Gratz on your albino coatl !!!
Raydex-of-the-dawn
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Dawnbringer

Unread post by Raydex-of-the-dawn »

My favorite kitties are the lioness model (not Araga, but Broken Tooth, etc). :D But I like Humar, too, I'm thinking of picking him up on Sahariel.

AND YAY WIND SERPENTS I LOVE WIND SERPENTS (that's why I have 11 XD)

Falcon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Falcon »

Thanks, guys!

@Tyuriwen - I had Hayoc for a long while on Toph but ended up releasing him when Outland proved to be way too harsh for a wind serpent (seriously, the poor guy struggled out there compared to her raptor), and RP-wise, he died from old age. Toph didn't know that Hayoc had a son, so there's a story behind this tame and it's pretty important to me since Rhilla's her daughter, so it's pretty much a full circle kind of thing. I'm so glad to have him back and I'm sorry if that doesn't make much sense, I'm not that good at explaining things in the morning. ^_^;

@Raydex - Wow, eleven wind serpents? That's awesome! XD I really like the lioness/cougar models, too, and you can believe that I was over the moon when Pogeyan was revealed!
Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Awesome that you got him. XD And I'm glad you like Sambas' name. Originally he was Leobreaker but Lucas and my friend Danielle both went "OH! Rename him to Lion-O!"

Since we can't have hyphens, I just put LionO. Works the same.

Lucas is like a pet detector.....but watch, once he gets his butt in gear to level Stark(his hunter), he wont be able to find them. XD Rofl! But I tote him around cause he can detect where pets will spawn. I flew back after you left and found Humar again. Was very tempted to get him but I had Sambas so I left him be. The bugger was actually exercising and walking around.....the lazy bum. XD

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Falcon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Falcon »

Thank you! I'm still surprised at how I managed to get him without aggroing a thing while being half asleep like I was. And it probably would've taken me longer to find him than I did if you guys hadn't helped me the previous night.

I think Lion-O fits Sambas a lot better. ^_^ His face is even a bit like Lion-O's if you look closely enough, at least it does to me anyway.

Wow, that would be the worst of ironies ever if that happens to him. It's frustrating how you can find rare tamables on a class other than hunter but be unable to find them on your hunter. @_@

Now if only a certain rare scorpid would leave me alone and stop invading my dreams. >_> Leave me alone, Madexx, I already have two of you!
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Toph wrote:Thank you! I'm still surprised at how I managed to get him without aggroing a thing while being half asleep like I was. And it probably would've taken me longer to find him than I did if you guys hadn't helped me the previous night.

I think Lion-O fits Sambas a lot better. ^_^ His face is even a bit like Lion-O's if you look closely enough, at least it does to me anyway.

Wow, that would be the worst of ironies ever if that happens to him. It's frustrating how you can find rare tamables on a class other than hunter but be unable to find them on your hunter. @_@

Now if only a certain rare scorpid would leave me alone and stop invading my dreams. >_> Leave me alone, Madexx, I already have two of you!
Yeah. I think you're right about Lion-O. :3 Plus I've yet to see anyone use the name too. Everyones naming their Sambas 'Mufahsa' or 'Aslan'.

LisaaraPokefarm

Falcon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Falcon »

I've yet to run into a Sambas named Aslan or Mufahsa on Shadow Council and I ended up giving Toph's Sambas an egyptian name, Sekani, which means 'to laugh'. He always looks so happy. XD
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Toph wrote:I've yet to run into a Sambas named Aslan or Mufahsa on Shadow Council and I ended up giving Toph's Sambas an egyptian name, Sekani, which means 'to laugh'. He always looks so happy. XD
He is a jolly lion isnt he? XD

I've run into atleast 5 of each.....XD

LisaaraPokefarm

Falcon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Rhilla's New Friends!

Unread post by Falcon »

Changing the title of this thread to keep tabs on all of Rhilla's future tames so I don't end up cluttering the boards too badly, and I've seen some of you guy do this so it inspired me to do the same. ^_^

Sometimes irony can be a good thing, like what happened today. Usually I'm the one helping a fellow hunter get or with info about a rare, but today it was the other way around. I went to the Badlands to look for Barnabus, and I sat there near his spawnpoint waiting since he wasn't up. A high level goblin hunter flew by on his proto drake a short while later, and it made me wonder if he was looking for any of the Badlands rares to tame. Not soon after, I get a whisper asking if I'm looking for a beast. I say yeah and the guy asks me if I'm looking for Broken Tooth or Barnabus. I tell him Barnabus, and he goes on to ask me if I'm interested in taming Broken Tooth. I tell him no thanks since I already have him on two other hunters, but he tells me that he was the goblin and switches back over before I can say anything else.

Soon enough, the goblin lands by me and motions for me to follow, so I put Beryl up and do so since, even though I'd said no, I still like Broken Tooth. A lot, and I've never seen him in the wild since he was put back in with the patch and I wanted to see him again.

As soon as I saw him there fast asleep, I fell in love all over again, and a frost trap and tame beast later, Broken Tooth had awakened and was standing by my side and the goblin clapped for me and I thanked him before giving his Sambas a pat. I named this one Sandy, since it was the only thing I could think of off the top of my head at the time, since I'd not been expecting to get him again at all, and I may end up renaming him later unless it ends up sticking.

What's ironic is that back in Vanilla, as with Humar, I hated Broken Tooth because he was everywhere. But then, as with Humar again, I actually gave him a try and we clicked. On Zerai, I ended up releasing her Broken Tooth in favor of Blind Hunter, and I ended up missing him. So, as soon as the stables received their massive upgrade, I went and got him back as soon as I could and she still has him and Blind Hunter both. Another funny thing is that, even though I love Barnabus, the two times I had him, we never truly clicked on the level that I did with Humar and Broken Tooth, so I don't mind that I didn't find him because I got the Badlands rare that was actually meant for me, and I want to get Deathmaw instead if I can find him later on.

To Paynekiller, if you're reading this, thank you again for saving me a camp that more than likely would've ended up fruitless again! I love my kitty!

And, wow, people who look at her pet page on the armory are going to think she has three cougars. >_> They need to give Pogeyan her correct skin on there.
Attachments
Broken Tooth tamed.jpg
Broken Tooth tamed.jpg (174.12 KiB) Viewed 3042 times
Broken Tooth tame.jpg
Broken Tooth tame.jpg (222.06 KiB) Viewed 3042 times
Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Re: Rhilla's New Friends.

Unread post by Kalliope »

Gotta love happy coincidences! Yay for kitty! <3

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

Yay for new friends. Grats.

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Rhyela
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

Grats on all your new tames! I think Humar looks really good with you. And Hayoc is probably tied with Azzere for my favorite wind serpent. :)

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Falcon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Falcon »

Thanks, guys! And, awesome, Rhyela! I also love Azzere, she was my very first rare ever. ^_^ I really wish they'd bring Washte Pawne back as a rare, he has a special place in my heart, too. ;_;
Falcon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Falcon »

Edit: Full summary (or what I can remember that is, was sleepy at the time) of the spectral owl fiasco. Now, I'd ended up questing around Talonbranch Glade to keep myself from being bored while I'd been looking earlier in the afternoon, and I had no idea that part of Felwood phased. Believe me or not when you read this, but I swear this happened.

After taking a break from leveling Rhilla by spending time with my best friend over on Shadow Council, I told her I was going to have a quick look for Olm before I crashed and she said okay. I logged into my Horde-side character who I use as a go between on Moon Guard before doing a /who on Felwood and saw only two people there, neither of them hunters. So I switch over to Ril and do the same thing, seeing only myself and another player, other player not a hunter. So I go out to check -- and proceed to have a heart attack when I see Olm's yellow dot on the minimap.

I close in... only for him to disappear. What? Does he phase like Ghostcrawler now or something? Confused, I stand there for a few minutes waiting for him to come back ,which doesn't happen, so I move off, since I can't stand still for long periods of time when waiting on something. His dot comes back into view on the minimap, and this time, I actually remember to hit my target macro, and his portrait pops up, silver dragon and everything. I turn and run back, only for him to disappear /again/. WTF? don't hide from me, I only want to tame you and give you a good home away from here!

My best friend asks me if there was any sign, and I told her he's up and that he phases like Ghostcrawler or something. and despite being tired herself, switches over to her druid to come and try to help me. He keeps disappearing every time I get close, and I start to think that it's actual zone/area phasing. The one environmental game mechanic I despise. Wonderful.

While she's on her way, I decide to finish off the quests around there, and luckily, I only had two left to do, but being sleepy while talking to two people isn't as easy as it sounds. I'm surprised I didn't end up dying. Since Tal was on Jessibelle, I'd asked her if Felwood phased, and she said it didn't, which promptly led to me telling her it did and that Olm was up, but he was phasing. At this point, I was starting to become frustrated with the whole thing, and while I was trying to finish the quests, I'd gone back when my best friend had arrived, only to be unable to see /her/ either because of the damned phasing. I tell her and go back and finish off the quests and turn them in, and when I tell her I'm done, with them, she tells me she's going to try and pull him out of the phased area. I had one more quest to turn in back at Talonbranch, so I decided to wait.

She manages to pull him over to me by having put him to sleep while waiting on me to finish the quests, and I can see them both again, and even though he's still aggroing her, I plop a trap down and freeze him and try to tame him, only to have it fizzle each time because of this factor. Yay, lack of sleep and me tending to mess up rare tames with the greatest of ease due to paranoia even though Felwood was practically dead at that time in the wee early hours of the morning. I forget when she Hibernated him again if it was before or after I'd put the freeze trap down, but I kept trying to tame him, too paranoid about shooting him even though I was only one level above him.

Somehow, he aggroed on me after waking up and when the trap broke, and not wanting to waste time using another one, I just hit tame again and let him beat on me. I practically sighed with relief when the golden light surrounded him and he flew to my side. After taking a few moments to try and calm my frazzled nerves from the insanity of it all, I remembered to feed him.

As with Takk, I made him a she and named her Avira. and unfortunately, I only got an after tame pic, which I've attached and our characters are sitting down because their players were both trying not to keel over at the time. @_@ And I can't stress this enough to all of you still after this wonderful bird: Don't quest in Felwood! It phases in the clearing beside Talonbranch Glade, so if you quest there, you'll run into the nightmare I did.

I hate you, phasing mechanic. >_>
Attachments
Olm tamed.jpg
Olm tamed.jpg (196.89 KiB) Viewed 3042 times
Last edited by Falcon on Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vetiver
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Zul'jin US/Farstriders US

Unread post by Vetiver »

Taluwen wrote:
Toph wrote:Thank you! I'm still surprised at how I managed to get him without aggroing a thing while being half asleep like I was. And it probably would've taken me longer to find him than I did if you guys hadn't helped me the previous night.

Yeah. I think you're right about Lion-O. :3 Plus I've yet to see anyone use the name too. Everyones naming their Sambas 'Mufahsa' or 'Aslan'.
i really liked the name aslan...but named my sambas after my real life kitty Elvis. get it? he's the king!

Thrawna Partyfavor Poliwrath Mint

...plus many, many more. <3

Miraga
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Zul'jin

Re: Rhilla's New Friends. (Edited/Updated!)

Unread post by Miraga »

Grats on your new birdy! I actually got one as well a few minutes ago! It really is a stunning model. :D
Falcon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Falcon »

Thanks, Miraga, and congrats on yours, too! I hope you didn't go through the madness I did, though. Yeesh. @_@
Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

She looks gorgeous, which is saying a lot, since Olm generally doesn't photograph well!

That's incredibly frustrating to know that there are phasing issues in that area. :/ I haven't quested there on any character yet, so haven't run into this problem myself; will definitely be wary when I finally go for Loremaster. I've been nervous in Redridge for the same reasons, since Chitter is on the border of a phasing area. Questing in the zone makes it much harder to see him in the future. :(

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!