Quivers/Pouches to bags

Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Malackai
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: EU- Kazak

Re: Quivers/Pouches to bags

Unread post by Malackai »

Kalliope wrote:
Malackai wrote:edit: I think I read somewhere that is you have the quest still in your log you can still do it. someone completed the quest after the patch and still got the bag so :D

not sure about if the quest is still available now tho (most likely it is) the leaf still drops I think after the patch
Would love to see a cited source here, if you remember the link at all. :)

This does stand to reason, though, since the Hand of Ad'al and Champion of the Naaru titles were similarly available after they were patched out to players who had been far enough along in the quest chains to still be able to receive credit. If this is indeed the case, then hunters would have time until the landscape changes.
I had it from wowhead
but Gungnir beat me to it :)
My flightrising: Flight Rising
My DA page: http://malackai.deviantart.com/
Luupin
Realm: Sisters of Elune

Unread post by Luupin »

YES, confirmed.

The quest can be still be turned in. I still needed the sinew after the patch. Got the sinew today from Azuregos (had been camping his Spirit the last days on my DK). Took my DK tank 20-30 minutes to bring Azuregos down - had to make the attempt twice to rethink the fight.

I turned in the quest today and walla a 24-slot bag !

Now to see if the feather still drops in MC. I plan on hitting MC again soon with another hunter from our guild to see if the feather still drops to start the quest.
Anyia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Jubei'Thos (US/Oceania)

Unread post by Anyia »

Luupin wrote:Now to see if the feather still drops in MC. I plan on hitting MC again soon with another hunter from our guild to see if the feather still drops to start the quest.
I'm sure you mean leaf, not feather. :)

I was in MC a bit last night, and one thing you need to be aware of is that Baron Geddon is deadly at the moment. He kicks you off the server. No, seriously. I got warned before I got to him that that was the case, but decided to try anyway. Whatever you do, don't get Living Bomb'ed - if you do, odds are you'll be staring at a "You've been disconnected from the server" message. This is a pet-only fight more now than ever - hang back at least 40 yards, keep Mend Pet up, and use Kill Command whenever it's up. You'll have to constantly reposition your pet due to the knockback to get it into Mend Pet range again, and you need to be careful about not ending up in Living Bomb range due to the pet/boss repositioning. On the up side, the fight is a lot shorter thanks to Kill Command.

I got pulled into an ICC before I got to Majordomo, so I don't yet have any information on whether the leaf will drop.
Luupin

Unread post by Luupin »

Anyia wrote:I'm sure you mean leaf, not feather. :)
Yes, I meant leaf, haha.

Thanks for the tip on Baron Geddon. I had a DK tanking while I dps'd. I went down during the Baron Geddon fight the day before the patch.

I hoping we get back in there tomorrow for a couple hours. The sooner we know the more time to snag Azuregos. Trying to farm the sinew from the Dragonkin in Winterspring is no picnic (farmed for about 6 hours trying to beat the patch). After the patch, I figured I'd just camp Azuregos (since the sinew is not a BOP item, it made it easy just to leave my DK tank in the neighborhood).
Gungnir
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Crushridge

Unread post by Gungnir »

Went with some guildies to MC and got the leaf first run luckily. Went to felwood and turned it in but there was no quest after???? I hope this is a bug because none of the tree spirits had any follow up quest for me. Ive sen others report on wowhead that the questline is dead for some reason? http://www.wowhead.com/quest=7632

Can anyone else verify this? I reported a bug ticket and will see what they come back with.
Anyia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Anyia »

I recall from doing quite some time ago that I had to be smack bang in the middle of the hill with the ancients for it to become available. Not sure if that's what's happened in this case, but I'd say it's worth checking. It is quite possible that the quest line is gone though, as it has been stated that class-specific quests will be removed. You could check if Simone* is still wandering around in Ungoro; if she isn't, then the quest chain is most likely gone altogether.

*) I forget the names of the other demons, sorry.
Gungnir
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Crushridge

Unread post by Gungnir »

Yeah I stood on the hill and talked to the big tree to turn in the leaf, but after turning in, there is nothing. He does not offer anything further. When I get back from work, ill try having the black sinew in my inventory to see if anything happens.
Anyia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Anyia »

I would be very not-nice of Blizzard to have the leaf drop without having the rest of the quest chain available.

Reading the comments on the staff quest, it does seem like that's the case though. :(
Luupin

Unread post by Luupin »

Hmmmm, I was hoping that it was still good until the 4.0.3 patch; however, if you were able to turn in the leaf quest (thus the spirit trees appeared) and they offered no followup quests, it stands to reason that it truely is a dead-end.

Very sad, as some guildies were making a push to get it before 4.0.3 hit live.

Btw, I did see the demon still running around in Silithus post-patch, post-turn-in of that quest.

I still have the quest to get the black sinew, I guess I'll hold on to that and try and complete it for completion sake.

For those that happen to have picked up the quest pre-4.0.1 patch, be sure to complete the quiver one, so you can get the quiver and thus a 24-slot bag.
Ikult
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary (horde); Moon Guard (alli)

Unread post by Ikult »

Okay, I got the leaf about a week ago, after the 4.0.1 patch. I went to turn in, and I couldn't talk to the treants.. I put in a ticket and the GM said basically, "so sorry, those quests are gone due to major changes". I was so upset, then I read elsewhere on these forums that people have been able to do the quests.....

Apparently to "trigger" the treants to talk to, you need to stand ON TOP of that little hill they surround. If you do, they "phase in" and you can talk to them. I was able to turn in my Leaf quest, and accept the other three, no problem, about 30mins ago.

Good luck!
Luupin

Unread post by Luupin »

Great!

Yes, the very top of the hill will trigger them to phase in.

Guess it's time to update the word to my guildies once again.

Azuregos, we're coming for ya :P