Arcturis' Respawn Timer

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Jadvya
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard US

Arcturis' Respawn Timer

Unread post by Jadvya »

...First off, I like how I try and search the forums for "Arcturis" and come up with "The following words in your search query were ignored because they are too common words: arcturis." Way to go, my fellow pet-lovers. X3

Anyway! I've been sitting at the Big Blue Bear's only spawn point on-and-off over the weekend, for several-hour stretches (_NPCScan, RareFinder, and SilverDragon all on, volume up, and cache clean, of course). I've made a post on my realm forum asking if anyone knows when he was tamed/killed over the last few weeks, seeing if I can spare myself from his massive gap in respawn.

Which brings me to the heart of the matter here: Does anyone have any solid information on his respawn time? i.e. sat with a guildmate or something for two consecutive spawns so you both could get him? I've heard 10-12 hours and 20-24 hours, which would obviously encompass the former...

So yeah! Any help would be appreciated.
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Re: Arcturis' Respawn Timer

Unread post by Vephriel »

I can't say for certain regarding Arcturis as I've never camped for him, but the other Spirit Beasts seem to have a steady 10-12 hour respawn rate as far as I know. Though I have heard rumors of Arcturis having a longer then normal timer, I can't verify that myself.

Most likely all it will take is the patience to do a solid 10 hour camp for him. Try on the weekend when you don't have to worry about getting up early for something, that's when I do all of my epic long camps for beasts.
Rhyela
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

I second what Veph said. I have heard some tales of ridiculously long spawn times (upwards of 30 hours!), or miraculously short timers. Even though one would think that the weekend would be the worst time to get a rare, that's also when you'd have the most time to dedicate to just sitting right on his spawn point for hours upon hours.

For my spirit beast sightings, I saw Arcturis on a Saturday night around 10:00 p.m., and then got Loque'nahak a couple days later around the exact same time. So...try late evenings, or early mornings (first saw King Krush at 2:30 a.m. Sunday, he got killed, tamed him at about 9:00 a.m. Monday).

Best of luck to you, and hopefully someone can give you more concrete advice.

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Maxamilion
Realm: Boran Tundra

Unread post by Maxamilion »

Have Articuris myself. Used target and camped 10 minutes before and after the hour. He spawned 9pm next to river. Seems 9pm is magic hour for a few peeps i spoke to on Borean Tundra server. Good Luck :)
I do believe it to be a 12 hour timer.
Ade
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Draenor EU

Unread post by Ade »

I camped Arcturis for 3 days and he spawned around the 12 hour mark on the 3 occasions i saw him, hope it helps :D
Jadvya
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard US

Unread post by Jadvya »

I just got my ghost bear! :D

I was sitting and reading The Huntsman's Lodge, his new spirit beast guide, and then NPCScan booms...

Eeee, I'm so happy with him! He's just a beauty; blue is my favorite color, and bears are one of my favorite animals. Now to think of a name... If I can't find a star name I like, I'll call him HoiHoi, since he's got a bit of panda markings around his eyes.

/flex
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Awesome! Congratulations! ^_^
Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

Yay, be happy, mon!

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Rhyela
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

Woohoooooo!!! Admittedly I'm not fond of bears or the color blue, but he does look really good with your hunter! :D So congratulations on your perfect pet!!! ^_^

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
The huntress
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by The huntress »

When I camped him for like 4 days straight with little sleep he spawned at 22 hours and 12 hours.

Tasêr

Ryai
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Ryai »

Yeah Arc's timer is really iffy. It has been reported as little as 2 hours to upwards of 50 hours. I have no idea why and I did talk with someone who was teasing Rosalyn and several over hunters with an Arcturis. We all flipped the fuck out when we saw him and started trying to tame beast him/target him or wonder why the fuck tame beast wasn't working when we realized he was a TAMED MOB and the hunter was behind a tree using EotB :/

Anyways tldr version from the ass, he camped for 3 days straight from the release of the patch with Arc, and afaik was one of the first to tame Arc.
angemaler
Realm: Velen

Unread post by angemaler »

This is obviously a dead thread, but....

I just wanted to confirm some of the theories that Arc spawns on the hour. I got him today after camping on and off for days, and had given up hope of getting him by doing 1-4 hour camps. I was going to do a 24-hour camp in the near future, but managed to get him on a chance fly-by just before 11 a.m. WoW time today (if I had to pinpoint the time, mark it at 10:55 a.m.). Talk about luck, since there were no other hunters camped... he was just hanging out... waiting for me. ;)

So if theories are correct, he won't re-spawn until 11 p.m. WoW time at the earliest. It was weird, my NPC scanner didn't go off, so maybe I didn't have it set properly...anyhoo, I got him, and I'm thrilled.

I created an account on here just to comment and help out, since I used a lot of these boards when trying to get him myself. Thanks so much! <3
Chimera
Realm: Nesingwary (H), Silver Hand (A), Moon Guard (A)

Unread post by Chimera »

Ive seen his spawns (before Cata) standing at 20-24 and was able to verify it after servers went down for mantinence. WoWwiki (WoWpedia wasnt up yet) said that beasts like Arcturis reset when the servers go down, not come back up. With Cata though and i finding possible new evidence (only a certain amount of rares are allowed to be alive in northrend in a given time) that he may be down to a 10-12 hour timer or at least, on the off chance he is

Congrats on your beastie ^-^ I love Arcturis, was my first spirit beast so he's extra special when i see him in my stables or someone running around with him

Frostmarrow by LupisDarkmoon

| Dragon Cave | Magistream | Flight Rising |

Shirubia
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Quel'thalas

Unread post by Shirubia »

Jadvya wrote:...First off, I like how I try and search the forums for "Arcturis" and come up with "The following words in your search query were ignored because they are too common words: arcturis." Way to go, my fellow pet-lovers. X3

Anyway! I've been sitting at the Big Blue Bear's only spawn point on-and-off over the weekend, for several-hour stretches (_NPCScan, RareFinder, and SilverDragon all on, volume up, and cache clean, of course). I've made a post on my realm forum asking if anyone knows when he was tamed/killed over the last few weeks, seeing if I can spare myself from his massive gap in respawn.

Which brings me to the heart of the matter here: Does anyone have any solid information on his respawn time? i.e. sat with a guildmate or something for two consecutive spawns so you both could get him? I've heard 10-12 hours and 20-24 hours, which would obviously encompass the former...

So yeah! Any help would be appreciated.
Regarding your question about the respawn timer on Arcturis I can tell you something: His respawn timer is the same as all the other rares in northrend (6-8 hours), however, here is the catch: Only Five rare spawns can be up at any time in northrend, to prevent the extensive camping and grinding of them for the bag of goodies and blues they drop.
Recently I started working on Frostbitten on my mage main with several other friends, I can tell you that it's true, only five rares can be up at most at any time. As soon as we killed one of the five that where up, another would pop up immediately if his respawn timer was up.
So, if you have been camping Arcturis for a long time, is just that no one has killed the rares. Find someone to go and check all the other rares and kill them, Arcturis might pop up!

This rule doesnt follows on Cata or Outland rares, since they dont drop the bag with gold and other materials.

EDIT: Sorry, didnt saw she had already gotten him, just saw the question >< Anyways, congrats on the ghostly bear : )
Last edited by Shirubia on Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Shiru, she got him already. :)

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Zachai
Realm: Icecrown, Bloodhoof

Unread post by Zachai »

I had been camping Arcturis for 4 hours, but I went out for a 4th of july thing for at least 2 hours. When I came back and logged in, at 1:44am server time in Bloodhoof of July 4th, there Arcturis' body lay. I was actually happy, because now I could predict almost exactly when he will spawn. If the 21 hour spawn timer is true, he'll spawn sometime between 9-11pm server tonight. Some people say he has a 6-12 hour spawn time, and even more luckily, today there are restarts, and the restart ends right when the 12th hour of his death happens. So If I log in today at 2pm server and hes not there, his spawn time is NOT 6-12 hours. If he is, the 21 hour thing is bs. If he doesnt spawn, I'm just going to get back on from the 20-22 hour mark. But he should spawn sometime today. Ill post when I see him. Im glad I saw his body....
Zachai
Realm: Icecrown, Bloodhoof

Unread post by Zachai »

"Regarding your question about the respawn timer on Arcturis I can tell you something: His respawn timer is the same as all the other rares in northrend (6-8 hours), however, here is the catch: Only Five rare spawns can be up at any time in northrend, to prevent the extensive camping and grinding of them for the bag of goodies and blues they drop."

I believe this to be untrue, for how could people wait for him and then he spawns? If you waited 10 hours, like certain people have, and he spawns, I don't think that means someone just killed a rare and now its arcturis' turn to go. You might be correct about the rares, but if you look at how many people have him, especially just by waiting, I think hell spawn when his timer is up, not when the rares ae dead and its his turn.
Elonad
Realm: Eonar

Unread post by Elonad »

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

I hate myself soooo much now

Following thing happend:

Arcturis spawned....there was another hunter so i got excited to tame it
Forgot to dismiss my current pet........AND MY PET KILLED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Talk about stupid mistakes
Royi

Realm: Ysera

Unread post by Royi »

Lol Necro thread is incredibly necro'd

I thought this was a new thread, but i saw a post from Saturo and was like.... wha????
:) ~ Formally known as Royi ~
Blaix
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Illidan

Unread post by Blaix »

Elonad wrote:NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

I hate myself soooo much now

Following thing happend:

Arcturis spawned....there was another hunter so i got excited to tame it
Forgot to dismiss my current pet........AND MY PET KILLED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Talk about stupid mistakes
/pat on back
it's okay, I almost had the same occur with me when I was a lowbie camping Humar and I had just come out of a battleground with my pet on aggressive. It's a kick in the balls but I guess that one just wasn't meant to be tamed!