Worried about losing pets when Cataclysm comes?

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Rhyela
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: US - Ysera

Re: Worried about losing pets when Cataclysm comes?

Unread post by Rhyela »

Ryai wrote:Ok one last thing, there's nothing thrilling in the right way camping 12+ hours for a wolf that people will also be wanting to tame and kill. Yes for 3 seconds there will be whoo but I can tell you flat oue if I had an easier option to tame Skoll, Krush or any of the other beasts I'd take it. Cause I am not looking forward to trying to set up a day where I can sit at the computer, logged onto wow, for 18 hours, staring at the screen and hoping, Skoll is going to spawn. I'm sorry but that's not thrilling :|
Perhaps you are just cranky ;) , but there are plenty of hunters who could go for an easier tame but still go for the challenge instead. Look at all the recent King Mosh tames by level 80's! They could have easily just tamed a Tyrant Devilsaur but instead they waited for the rare and went through the trouble of finding the right gear. I said long ago that I'd have gotten a typical green devilsaur if there were one, but after going through what I went through for Krush, I think I rather like that feeling of accomplishment. That was one of the suckiest weekends in recent history for me, I hardly got any sleep and I even dreamed of taming him, literally; but when I finally found him and got him...wow. I was grinning like a moron for like the whole day. Even last night I was running some dungeons with him and just couldn't help but stop and look at him and remember how awesome it was when I got him. So yeah, there are still those hunters who will take the challenging tame because it makes us feel good. :D

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Ryai wrote: Ok one last thing, there's nothing thrilling in the right way camping 12+ hours for a wolf that people will also be wanting to tame and kill. Yes for 3 seconds there will be whoo but I can tell you flat oue if I had an easier option to tame Skoll, Krush or any of the other beasts I'd take it. Cause I am not looking forward to trying to set up a day where I can sit at the computer, logged onto wow, for 18 hours, staring at the screen and hoping, Skoll is going to spawn. I'm sorry but that's not thrilling :|
*shrug* While it may not be for you, don't assume the same for everyone. I, for one, enjoy camping for rare beasts so much that I even do it for strangers now. I've been 'living' at the Arcturis spawn point for the past week, helping a few guildies and some other people camp. I just keep them company, and even though it's not for me I still relish the thrill when my NPCscan goes off and I see them get a successful tame.

I look forward to preparing myself for a day of sitting out hoping that beast will spawn. It definitely adds to the excitement, and it just wouldn't be the same if you could walk up and tame it any time you pleased.
FuzzyDolly
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Velen, Nessingwary

Unread post by FuzzyDolly »

I enjoy camping to a certain extent, however the camping situation for Skoll is ridiculous. At some point Blizz needs to realize that not everyone who plays WoW is in college and can skip classes for a day to get a pet. Some of us are grown men who have real jobs and 2 year olds at home. I work swing shifts being an artisan baker, so there's usually no schedule to my camping time. I don't mind difficult, hell I like difficult tames. They give you a sense of accomplishment, but the spawn times for Skoll are just riducuolus. Why not make spirit beasts a 5-man quest? I know my guildies would help me run something unlimited times to get the item I want. Hell they can even put in a really good item drop so there's something for everyone. Just an idea to make it aa bit less frustraing for those of us who can't soend days camping.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Isenax

Unread post by Isenax »

I highly doubt Blizzard would eliminate pets that a hunter has tamed, even if the eliminate the skin. Bliuzzard is usually pretty good about not pissing off a whole lot of people who went to great lengths to aquire specific pets. Often enough, I see Hunters with pets that currently, no-one can tame.
Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

I enjoy camping I suppose, but not to this point. I've been after Skoll for awhile. So, I log in, and see another hunter. Panic, right? Competition is BAD! Luckily, after a quick conversation, I learn the hunter wants Loque, rather. I give him a few tips and my favorite camping spot, and he's on his way. I log off for a few hours. Log in, and an immediate whisper, "I got Loque!"

Yeah, I'm happy the guy got Loque. Really happy! We're fellow hunters. But now I understand why hunters are bitter when they hear stories of 'I got *rare spawn here* in a day! I'm lucky, lol!"

Still don't have Skoll, either. I think I'm going mad.
zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

I must be in a hole in the ground or something because I had not heard of Cat coming until this site. I knew some 'minor' changes were being made but I didn't realize things were to the extent and truly overhauling. I don't have a single exotic but I'd be lying if I didn't say that I now have fears of losing specific pets I cherish. I have Snort, Humar, Echeyakee, Mazzranache, Strider Clutchmother and Mist Howler and would really be upset and heartbroken if I lost them and /or was not able to get them again. I've also had Takk and several others.

I mean ............. what is this expansion???

What will it look like when /if the stable changes????
I would LOVE more stable space for less gold but not at the expense of losing current pets.

I don't think Blizzard would do that but yet at the same time it really wouldn't surprise me.

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!