Losing Count at 5 -- More Mounts! (now with pics)

A companion forum for Warcraft Mounts. Or just talk about WoW mounts.
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Phyra
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Ysera

Losing Count at 5 -- More Mounts! (now with pics)

Unread post by Phyra »

NOTE:

Instead of making a new thread, decided to just keep this one going since I had information on this one.

Please see prior thread for more details/past victories:
http://forums.wow-petopia.com/viewtopic ... 22&t=14023

The New Tally:
Time-Lost Proto Drakes found: 4
Aeonaxx / Phosphorescent Stone Drakes found: 4
Mysterious Camel Figurine Mounts+Titles found: 5

Camel figurines are extremely relaxing to hunt for. I intended those I found in the future to go to friends, but for this 5th victory on my little worgen mage, no others were on so decided to claim it for myself.

The other day after not being on the game for sometime, I decided to go to Deepholme for giggles. I did a /who in the area, and noticed it was quite populated but decided to check it out anyway.

Imagine my surprise when Aeonaxx was fluttering above my head, un-captured.

What was ironic, like Libra's TLPD kill, I was working from home and on the phone with a client. Rather hilarious ability to multi-task, to be honest :)

Like ALL my Aeonaxxes, did not camp for a single one. I've NEVER seen the bat. I encourage people who want Aeonaxx with little/no stress to not camp and just flutter by the zone periodically. :)

Good luck and happy hunting!

--------------------------------------------------------
Old News from 9/19/11

Really I'll have more things like pretty screenshots and glee moments once I'm off work.

In short, I was on my baby mage, Libra, who hit lv80 just a day ago. I decided since I'm working from home to sit at Bor's Breath this week to idle. I did not expect 4 hours into my Monday Morning routine, I'd be telling a client on the phone to hold on .... There was something golden glittering under me.

My baby mage just got a Time-Lost Proto Drake! To say I'm happy is an understatement. This toon is proving to be as lucky as my main hunter.

---

About a week and a half ago I got my belf priest a Mysterious Camel Figurine mount+title as well. Ultra awesome!

Brings the tally up to:

Time-Lost Proto Drakes found: 4
Aeonaxx / Phosphorescent Stone Drakes found: 3
Mysterious Camel Figurine Mounts+Titles found: 4

@_x;

PS: Got Maps+tips on my first thread:
http://forums.wow-petopia.com/viewtopic ... 22&t=14023
Last edited by Phyra on Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JezzebelPop
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Alonsus

Re: Four is now pushing it! -- More Mounts! (now with pics

Unread post by JezzebelPop »

That is incredibly lucky, i've been looking for TLPD for months now and frequently go through the entirety of Uldum and have never even seen a camel statue nevermind one that will teleport me to a new mount.

Gratz to you! :)
Meggers
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Sargeras US

Unread post by Meggers »

That is insane!
ImageImage
Phyra
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Phyra »

If helpful, here are the maps from my original thread. :)

======

Mysterious Camel Figurines

They are tiny.
They are untargetable
I recommend just dropping by and looking once in a while. You'll get more lucky than you guess.
Also if Deathwing burns up the area, it resets ALL NPCS and this can assume statues as well.

Here is how tiny:

95 % of the time, it will turn to dust which vendors for 25 gold.
5 % of the time, you will be whisked off to a phased area of Feralas to fight a boss.

For the boss, basically do not stand in blue puddle goo, and DPS him down. Be careful about AOE.

Patrol Area:

Phyra
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Phyra »

This is another winged guide from my original thread.

Time-Lost Proto Drake & Vyragosa

Some things to note:
They share spawn points and patrol routes.
They share spawn timers.
No other rare spawn shares a timer with these guys. Seriously. Skoll and Dirkee and whatever spawn you assume in Storm Peaks are not linked to these guys.. Vyra and TLPD are linked together and that's it. Done deal. Game over.
Recently these both have lost their elite status and hit like sock puppets.

Map and Spawn Locations:

Example Spawn Schedule:

Spawn Schedule:

Tuesday - Vyragosa - 5:36 PM

Wednesday - Vyragosa - 5:32 PM

Thursday a friend found a corpse of the Time-Lost Proto Drake at 12-ish (midnight). I based my new timer on this. I wasn't looking on these past few days due to raid.

Friday - Vyragosa - 12:29 AM

Saturday - Vyragosa - 1:11 PM

Sunday - Vyragosa - 12:26 AM

Sunday - Time-Lost Proto Drake - 1:35 PM

My Personal Advice:

Don't camp. Unless your comp will be idle anyway and you are doing other things, don't camp. It'll stress you and really doesn't work well for everyone. If you understand the timers, you understand the spawn. This is how I hunt a TON of rares.

I suggest dropping by and winging through the zone before bed, if you get that weird itch/tingle to go look, or before work.

A LOT OF THINGS ARE UP IN THE AM HOURS! Even on high pop servers. My server is medium-high.

Good luck :)

***NOTE the spawn schedule listed there is NOT associated to the new TLPD for my mage. It was constructed on my Belf Hunter's hunt.
JezzebelPop
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Alonsus

Unread post by JezzebelPop »

Wow thanks for posting all that up especially the camel statue screen shots. I can see just how small they are now.

And yeah the TLPD <.< my friend has not left SP in weeks, 8 Vyra kills and not a sniff of yellow proto drake, while I have seen two dead TLPDs and 5 Vyras (one of which I got to kill) just from doing fly throughs every so often so I definately agree with your advice, sitting in the lonely peaks is brain numbing.

All very helpful indeed! :)
meepitco
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Nessingway- Main (H) Mannoroth- Secondary (A)

Unread post by meepitco »

Amazing guide =) Might just decide to camp TLPD again. Any possibility that you can do an Aeonaxx guide?

Click the picture, it takes you to my deviantart.

Tumblr is here.

Phyra
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Phyra »

@JezzebelPop
Thank you! :) I've more shots of the statues here and there on my hard drive. The buggers can be tricky to find (as they can be UNDER, IN, and ON TOP of things.

I've found them on top of rooves, inside buildings, under carts and tables. It really is a scavenger hunt which is GREAT as long as you don't mind calming down the nerves and looking around. They're also not always by buildings (They'll be in thick bushes, too).

Generally if I have a problem finding one, I'll triangulate by logging out, clearing cache, logging in, and marking the extremes of where my addon goes off (fly close to the ground/smaller radius, imo).

Also to lessen your panic, and practice, (or know to hurry up) check to see which one is cached.

The 09 = Real Deal.
The 10 = Dud.

@meepitco

Unfortunately there is no guide I can give for him, other than literally just drop by the zone once in a while in early mornings / late at night. I've never sat there and camped the Aeonaxxes. I was highly fortunate that every single one of my there was a blind 'Huh. It's early. I'm going in to see if anything is up'.

Early bird catches the drake? C_c;

You won't always find him up early times, but it's like fishing or something :) Also it's a good idea to understand when a prior was last spotted. There's a chance that it will repeat this spawn timer later in the week!

I had heard my friend got his earlier in the week at 7:30 AM. There was no server down time, so timers were the same from last week, so that morning I got up for work, logged in before my work hour and did a sweep. By 7:43 AM I had my own drake.

It really comes down to luck, but also seeing patterns.

I've had people tell me that figuring out rare spawn math takes the fun out of the hunt.. but my philosophy is you still need to know that FIRST spawn timer to figure it out. I much rather make educated guesses than sit aimlessly somewhere (unless at work and I'd be doing it anyway.)

Hope this helps
meepitco
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Nessingway- Main (H) Mannoroth- Secondary (A)

Unread post by meepitco »

Thank you for the information. I will take that into consideration speaking I am up early farming mats for Eng. (or even late at night)

Click the picture, it takes you to my deviantart.

Tumblr is here.

Phyra
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Re: Losing Count at 5 -- More Mounts! (now with pics)

Unread post by Phyra »

Bump for new news!
Atalanta
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Daggerspine/Frostwhisper EU

Unread post by Atalanta »

Thank you so much for this information! :hug: I've been doing fly-bys for the Camel Figurine, and thus far found around 8 or 9 duds. :<

Druid // Hunter

"There is only one God and his name is Death. And there is only one thing we say to Death: Not today."

Phyra
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Phyra »

Don't despair! Just think of duds as good things. It is a free 25 gold, and honestly I find hunting the statues more fun than getting the end mount/title ;)

Good luck in your own hunt!