Suggestions for our Lurker.. ;)

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Re: Suggestions for our Lurker.. ;)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

My idea from a while back was that people had to buy a special crate for each pet so they could survive the void. :)
Worba
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Uther, Zangarmarsh, Shu'halo, Fenris, Quel'Thalas+
Location: In Sethekk Halls, bothering Anzu (90 runs and counting)

Unread post by Worba »

GormanGhaste wrote:My idea from a while back was that people had to buy a special crate for each pet so they could survive the void. :)
I like that - you get the same basic effect with virtually no extra coding (graying out void storage slots, conditionally adding new "void slots" to the stable, etc).

I like that alot.
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

I have a non-hunter request I'd like to make based on what I just experienced in a dungeon. Please please please let there be a way to establish the LFD system to be able to recognize if you have a healing or tanking spec and let it have you pick roles based on that.

For example, my level 28 warrior is prot specced and when she goes to queue in the LFD, she would only be able to pick tank as that's the spec she chose and what she's designed to do. My level 32 priest is shadow/disc and would have the option to queue for DPS or Heals.

I just feel that some sort of system like this needs to be established because I just came from a dungeon where a warrior with a 2H sword queued as a tank, tried to direct the group around, but had absolutely no idea what he was doing, and couldn't hold aggro. From what I could tell, it was like he didn't even know what his abilities did. I'd much rather suffer that kind of person as a DPS then as a tank.

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
starkittens
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: mok'nathal, Runetotem, and a couple others

Unread post by starkittens »

ok..now i haven't read all of this loooooong post....but i want a falmeing foxy....even if it's just a plain old red (birght red or white) fox with really long fur. it could be in a frie (lava region like MF) or for the ice one an arctic region like nr?..i would LOVE that

The burns of a fire may heal with time
but the burns from our love will never heal, even as the years pass on
{My Magistream Keep}{My DA}{My DC scroll}

Sesamee
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Kil'Jaeden

Unread post by Sesamee »

I absolutely love the Saber cat models. I'd love to have one in gold, like the rare from STV but in a saber cat model. A big golden saber cat with a hint of spots on him! Now that is sexy! I really want to name a cat Llewellyn but it has to be the right cat. I think this would fit the bill!
Qadesh

Unread post by Qadesh »

Give some attention to the older pets! Update the old models. Fix the broken pets. If you're going to give us more Spirit Beasts and/or pets please make sure we have the extra room to keep them in! And please, no more cats. Please. I'm beginning to wish there was an animal shelter I'm seeing so many cats. Having abandoned half a dozen at one time, myself. Considering I do like them in game and out.

Give Spirit Beasts something unique! I'm not sure why their moonfire-like ability was removed but it was nice to have a pet that did something 'ordinary' pets don't do. Now aside from the fact we need the BM tree, Spirit Beasts are just the same as their non-SB counterparts.

Do something about the griefing involved in the taming process. I don't appreciate someone killing me or the pet I'm literally in the middle of taming. Wagging your finger at them and saying, "That's a no-no" does absolutely nothing!

End of rant.

Thanks to Vephriel for the signature!

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

No offense, but spirit beasts still have a *very* unique ability in their arsenal. They're the only hunter pet that can provide a regrowth like heal in a pinch, and it's actually rather good. Not to mention, Blizzard took away ALL damage component pet abilities.

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Andine
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Moonglade

Unread post by Andine »

Qadesh wrote:Do something about the griefing involved in the taming process. I don't appreciate someone killing me or the pet I'm literally in the middle of taming. Wagging your finger at them and saying, "That's a no-no" does absolutely nothing!

End of rant.
I posted that idea on the official forums: basically make it so once someone starts taming a beast, he and the beast are untouchable by anything that is not them. As soon as either dies/gets tamed, this goes away - so if you die trying to tame Skitterflame, sorry. Challenge tames are challenge.

(That a$$hole hits really hard BTW, he took away 75% of my health as a paladin in one attack)

Also, tameable Yetis! Especially the Wrath model looks like it's a great Tenacity pet. You can then add more Yetis, Wendigos and other similar "humanoid monsters" into that category.
Qadesh

Unread post by Qadesh »

None taken, Tyger! :mrgreen: I wasn't thinking it through when I made that post, having obviously forgotten about their little heal. ;)

Guess I've been one of the fortunate few and rarely been griefed - the only time to date wasn't even on a rare. Not counting the time I saw Anthriss killed by a known griefing player in a griefing guild, when I wasn't even sure I wanted him. :P

Have to say, I would prefer the old lions to be left alone. I love Mahes (Echeyakee) to pieces and it would break my heart to see him transformed. He has been there for me since the beginning. :hug:

Thanks to Vephriel for the signature!

Tahlian
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Feathermoon

Unread post by Tahlian »

Well, it would break my heart if they started mucking about with mobs like Rak'shiri again.

I do NOT support totally changing old - and especially famous - mobs. I DO support new models with updated looks, to give everyone what they want.

Here there be dragons... http://dragcave.net/user/Tahlian

And here there be more dragons, too...http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=22415

Morgrimsson
Realm: Thrall

Unread post by Morgrimsson »

I know a lot of people complain when more cats are added, but I think the saber cats are still the best looking models in the game, so I would love to see some more color options added. The one thing I would like to see is a bit of a graphic touch-up on them though, adding more obvious musculature like Sambas and the correct number of toes :P.

I know there has been a lot of people saying that they don't want old classic pets, like my beloved Irusan (Humar), getting updated graphics. I could not disagree with this more. Nostalgia is one thing, but Irusan almost never leaves my stable because he looks so painfully outdated next to Sambas or even the saber cats. The old world lions don't have to be Sambas recolors, but they should be touched up to a similar level of detail. Pets like Humar and Echeyakee should still have appeal beyond appealing to "Oh I'm better than you because I play with old model pets" elitists. I don't want to have to abandon Irusan because that there is some other black lion with better graphics. The old classics should get a new paint job so they can stay relevant.

Also, more spirit beasts are great, but please make them corporeal (solid)! As a saber cat lover I was happy to see both Ankha and Magria, but I think Magria should have been corporeal like Loque'nahak or Skoll while Ankha was incorporeal like Gondria, Ghostcrawler, etc.

In terms of new families, I would love to see Yetis come in as tenacity pets. The Northrend monstrosities are particularly gorgeous, and I would snap one of them up in a heartbeat. Thanks for listening, and all the requests you've already so kindly taken to heart!
Oswen
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Pozzo dell'Eternità (EU)

Unread post by Oswen »

Well well...
Cromaggus is the only CoreHound who hasn't learned how to swim yet, time to teach him before the others make fun of him!

Northrend Saber Worg have an howling animation when idle, however that is a silent one unlike those of his plain normal azeroth wolf-cousins, it would be nice if we could hear their howl aswell (the same sound would be totally fine), it would give them a much needed personality boost, they are kinda plain as of now :(

Also tameable Gilnean Ravens would be wonderful!

...and maybe five more pet slots aswell please!
Makoes
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

Would be nice if we could store gold at the bank as well as items. Similar to how the guild bank works. Although its nice to see how much gold I have every time I open my bag, I'd still like something other then a bank toon to store it in so i dont get tempted to spend it all on the AH. It IS a bank isnt it? Shouldnt we be able to store gold there?

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

Please either fix pets riding besides us, or get rid of it again.

The bug I'm talking about is sometimes the game won't realize I have a pet. I won't have his talent bar, his pet tab, the mobs will be fighting "nothing" (As in, no portrait) and my demon fights "nothing" (Again, can't target him and consequently the mob he's targeting).

While it may not matter as much to hunters, as a demo lock, being able to use my demon's abilities, especially felstorm, is what I do. It does AoE like nobody's business, it's a great "ohshi-" button, and overall, I rely heavily on being able to easily control my demon's abilities. The fact I can't has messed with me many times over.

I don't like broken Maxwell. :c
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

The other thing that irritates me as a warlock about the pet bug where our bars and stuff disappear is that the only solution is to dismiss and resummon the pet. Now, for hunters this is easy peasy, it costs them no focus to swap and providing they're not trying to do it in the middle of a huge fight where they're getting beat on, shouldn't affect them too badly. It's mildly annoying as a warlock, however, because of the amount of mana it costs to re-summon one of my demons. (Ever seen a demo warlock doing a boss fight properly? We drop a little over half our mana pool just starting off the fight.)

That ~16k mana may not seem like much, but it's kind of annoying to spend if other stuff is going on around me when none of the other pet users (excluding mages) need to expend any sort of resource to re-summon their pets*.

*Note: I haven't played a UH DK in a long time so I can't remember if it costs them a rune or not to summon their ghoul.

[/center]
starkittens
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: mok'nathal, Runetotem, and a couple others

Unread post by starkittens »

it does not cost a rune. (as far as i know)

The burns of a fire may heal with time
but the burns from our love will never heal, even as the years pass on
{My Magistream Keep}{My DA}{My DC scroll}

Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

TygerDarkstorm wrote:The other thing that irritates me as a warlock about the pet bug where our bars and stuff disappear is that the only solution is to dismiss and resummon the pet. Now, for hunters this is easy peasy, it costs them no focus to swap and providing they're not trying to do it in the middle of a huge fight where they're getting beat on, shouldn't affect them too badly. It's mildly annoying as a warlock, however, because of the amount of mana it costs to re-summon one of my demons. (Ever seen a demo warlock doing a boss fight properly? We drop a little over half our mana pool just starting off the fight.)

That ~16k mana may not seem like much, but it's kind of annoying to spend if other stuff is going on around me when none of the other pet users (excluding mages) need to expend any sort of resource to re-summon their pets*.

*Note: I haven't played a UH DK in a long time so I can't remember if it costs them a rune or not to summon their ghoul.
Agreed. I burn through mana fast, but I like to Life Tap it back, then spam Drain Life and pop Lifeblood to get into a more comfortable range.

But yes, it takes a lot more resources to take a pet out for a lock than a hunter. Either we're shelling out a bunch of mana and a stone, or a bunch of mana and sixish seconds where we could be murdering things.

And I still want to be able to dub my demon Maxwell. One day, Blizz, you'll let me. One day.
Wassa
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Wassa »

TygerDarkstorm wrote:The other thing that irritates me as a warlock about the pet bug where our bars and stuff disappear is that the only solution is to dismiss and resummon the pet. Now, for hunters this is easy peasy, it costs them no focus to swap and providing they're not trying to do it in the middle of a huge fight where they're getting beat on, shouldn't affect them too badly. It's mildly annoying as a warlock, however, because of the amount of mana it costs to re-summon one of my demons. (Ever seen a demo warlock doing a boss fight properly? We drop a little over half our mana pool just starting off the fight.)

/script PetActionBarFrame:Show()

That should work for warlock pets as well. Just make it a macro.

A rare visitor to this forum now that I don't play WoW anymore, but forever a Petopian.

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Huh, did not know that, thanks Wassa. :D

[/center]
Anisadora
Realm: Lightbringer

Unread post by Anisadora »

I'd want to be able to tame a windrider. I dont care if it has to be a beastmastery spec to get it (so it's a chimera?) Or make another class and maybe add gryphons and hippogryphs to it also, so that it doesnt have a leaning in biasness.