Panda Death Knight

Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Re: Panda Death Knight

Unread post by Kalliope »

*nods to Wain* And shadow priest draenei only exist because it would be silly not to have holy/disc draenei priests. x_x So that one just sorta slides under the rug....

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Worba
Realm: Uther, Zangarmarsh, Shu'halo, Fenris, Quel'Thalas+
Location: In Sethekk Halls, bothering Anzu (90 runs and counting)

Unread post by Worba »

Wain wrote:Besides, imagine if you were a draenei warlock and you summoned your cousin or something. How embarrassing.
xD

I *HATE IT* when that happens!
Silivren
Realm: Sunbeam Ruins, Tamriel, Westeros, Thedas, etc.

Unread post by Silivren »

Kalliope wrote:*nods to Wain* And shadow priest draenei only exist because it would be silly not to have holy/disc draenei priests. x_x So that one just sorta slides under the rug....
I'm just saying regardless, worse things have happened. I never saw priests being in gnome culture nor did I see druids being in trolls. I certainly didnt see paladins in tauren culture so... I dont think the arguement is too farfetched. If they can retcon worgen lore and worgen dk's ANYTHING can be retconned. Would it make sense? No, but we've already crossed that line with tauren paladins..

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Vulpixen wrote:I'm just saying regardless, worse things have happened. I never saw priests being in gnome culture nor did I see druids being in trolls. I certainly didnt see paladins in tauren culture so... I dont think the arguement is too farfetched. If they can retcon worgen lore and worgen dk's ANYTHING can be retconned. Would it make sense? No, but we've already crossed that line with tauren paladins..
I see the difference in the race/class combos being that while there may not be a cultural basis for them, the culture isn't actively opposed to it. Gnomes wouldn't be opposed to priests, nor tauren paladins. Because of their background, the Draenei find consorting with demons to be repellant. It's perfectly conceivable some still would. No culture is homogenous. But it's something that would definitely play against the storyline.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Silivren

Wain wrote:
Vulpixen wrote:I'm just saying regardless, worse things have happened. I never saw priests being in gnome culture nor did I see druids being in trolls. I certainly didnt see paladins in tauren culture so... I dont think the arguement is too farfetched. If they can retcon worgen lore and worgen dk's ANYTHING can be retconned. Would it make sense? No, but we've already crossed that line with tauren paladins..
I see the difference in the race/class combos being that while there may not be a cultural basis for them, the culture isn't actively opposed to it. Gnomes wouldn't be opposed to priests, nor tauren paladins. Because of their background, the Draenei find consorting with demons to be repellant. It's perfectly conceivable some still would. No culture is homogenous. But it's something that would definitely play against the storyline.
Aye I get that I'm not saying they necesarily should be just that I wouldnt be surprised if Blizz made them able to be Warlocks.. I mean theres nothing in gnome culture opposed to being hunters but we dont have those. I would love a draenei warlock, I think they'd be the best locks in the game especially given the demon blood pumping through them. Heck, if you speak the draenei language you're actually speaking demonic still. Mainly I'm just holding out for my crazed draenei who consorts with demons and embraces the Eredar within her but hey to each their own.

Sigrah
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Area 52

Unread post by Sigrah »

Wain wrote:
Sigrah wrote:Image
It would make no sense at all, but it would be hilarious to see. I love this pic :) A roly-poly undead :)

Actually, from that angle he reminds me of a pit lord :)
Yeah, he looks like he's been eating at the all you can eat cemetery buffet. And funny you mention "Roly-Poly", I saved that name (only as Roliepolie) when I first heard Panda's were coming. Not sure I'll ever use it, though. Anyways, I'm sure there will be a lot of sets that look funny on Pandas, especially in plate or revealing sets like the Outrunner's set or Ceremonial Leather sets. I've even got a bet with a friend that we'll see a panda named "Buddhabelly" within the first week :)
Worba
Realm: Uther, Zangarmarsh, Shu'halo, Fenris, Quel'Thalas+
Location: In Sethekk Halls, bothering Anzu (90 runs and counting)

Unread post by Worba »

Vulpixen wrote:
Wain wrote:
Aye I get that I'm not saying they necesarily should be just that I wouldnt be surprised if Blizz made them able to be Warlocks.. I mean theres nothing in gnome culture opposed to being hunters but we dont have those. I would love a draenei warlock, I think they'd be the best locks in the game especially given the demon blood pumping through them. Heck, if you speak the draenei language you're actually speaking demonic still. Mainly I'm just holding out for my crazed draenei who consorts with demons and embraces the Eredar within her but hey to each their own.
Well if I understand Wain's position correctly, then in his theory the gnome hunter would be an example of something that "hasn't happened yet, but still could" a la troll druids / tauren pallies (where said races were not opposed to those classes, they just took a while for them to get around to it - kooky new ideas and all that :) ), whereas the panda DK would be a "hasn't happened, and can't", for the aforementioned reasons.

To be fair though, back before MoP was trademarked, I was a huge proponent of making pandaren a playable race, and virtually everybody scoffed and laughed at me anytime I mentioned the idea (including some who continued scoffing even *after* mop was trademarked, LOL), so I must respect the retcon's mighty "authoritah"..... ;)
MaximumOverdrive
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by MaximumOverdrive »

Vulpixen wrote:
Wain wrote:
Last I checked Draenei don't have demon blood in them, cause they're the uncorrupted ones. The only reason Draenei seems demonic in language is cause the Eredar speak it, and if it was true that Draenei was demonic, then we would understand Demonic in game, but we don't. But I'm pretty sure Draenei have no demonic essence in them, or else the Naruu probably wouldn't have helped them. Draenei despise demons and just about anything related to them. I read somewhere that they barely tolerate the warlocks in the Alliance out of need in keeping allies and such.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to play a Draenei warlock too...but given the nature of them and their culture, I don't really see it.

As for the OT...I dunno, I really don't see Panderan being DKs, but like others have said, it could be something added way down the road, after MoP.
Silivren

I get it.. but what I'm saying is if Blizzard can horribly retcon Worgen I see them capable of everything and anything. THATS my point.