Nether Rays - How good is that AI anyway...

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Nether Rays - How good is that AI anyway...

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

Okay, so... Rays (while one of my absolute fave pets for looks and behavior) has been given a special of extremely specific usefulness. To wit... they have a spell interrupt. Now, having an additional interrupt (I'm BM, and get a lot of mileage out of Intim) would be pretty nice, but by the same token, I have enough to shuffle in most fights that I don't necessarily want to have to mind my pet's special all the time too. (Besides, it -does- do damage in addition to interrupting, so not having it on autocast loses me some DPS...)

My question is, basically, do Nether Rays have an AI that is bright enough to cast its interrupt when its target is casting? Or does it just fling it willy-nilly whenever it has the focus and cooldown, and most likely at an inappropriate time? I'm personally inclined to think the latter is the case, but I -do- think that felhunters wait to silence until its target is casting, so I have no idea.

Thoughts would be helpful!
-N

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

Saturo

Re: Nether Rays - How good is that AI anyway...

Unread post by Saturo »

Both felhunters and nether rays shoot off their interrups as soon as they can.

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Palladiamorsdeus
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Scarlet Monastary, Sentinels

Re: Nether Rays - How good is that AI anyway...

Unread post by Palladiamorsdeus »

Saturo is correct. Felhunters's counts as a silence, but goes further as an interupt, while nether ray's deal damage. It's actually still useful even going off as it does, especially in PvP, but if you have something or some one you know you need to silence, yer probably better off taking it off autocast and just monitoring it.

Thanks go to Saturo for the signature.