Looking for Beta Testers for my iPhone game (Garden Gnomes)

Royi

Realm: Ysera

Looking for Beta Testers for my iPhone game (Garden Gnomes)

Unread post by Royi »

Garden Gnomes

For the past few months myself and my friend have been working on a iPhone / iPad / Mac app that is in a sense a turn based strategy one on one Garden Gnomish Combat fighting game.

I'm asking to see if anyone would be interested in Beta testing our game. We're planning to have a BETA version available on 8-31. By being a Beta tester you will get the full version for free (a savings of a whopping $0.99!!!) and a fancy Beta-tester Gnome Hat. This is a game app for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad (eventually we'll have a Mac app). Its only for Apple products currently since we're utilizing their Game Center for matchmaking.

It is based on the following premise:
Garden gnomes are in a war within the neighborhood in which they fight each other for control of the gardens and sometimes more importantly: the hats of their enemies.

Movement: Gnomes will move around the combat field gathering up resources used to cast spells and to alter the environment.

There are four types of resources to gather:
Fire ~ above average damage, shorter range
Water ~ average damage, medium range
Nature ~ high damage, low range
Air ~ low damage, high range

Resources can also alter environment as well.

Fire ~ Can create temporary Flame Walls to block LOS, movement, and offer protection; Can burn down bushes
Water ~ Can create pools to block movement, Can put out Flame Walls
Nature ~ Can create bushes to block LOS, movement, and offer protection; Can fill pools with dirt to make them crossable.
Air ~ Can move various objects (statues etc)

Battle

You take turns with the other Gnome trying to cast spells to attack them while covering your tracks with adding bushes, flame walls, pools etc to make it difficult for them to attack you back.

Think of it kind of like Words with Friends in which its a pass and play type small style turn-based strategy. You have your turn, you cast a fire spell, plant a bush, move away from the enemy gnome, and you're done. Then 3 hours later when your friend has a chance to imput his/her move, they can and send it right back to you.

Ideally you would have multiple games going on at once, so when you get a free minute or two, you can catch up on the 6 pending moves for different matches you have and then get back to your busy life.

HATS!

All gnome players start off without any gnome hats.
Gnomes get extra magic power from wearing hats.
When a gnome beats another gnome in combat, they get to keep that hat the loser was wearing.
The loser gnome then will have to wait X amount of matches before "finding" their hat
There are many different types of hats all with different magical affects.
Some hats are awarded with achievements (like a special hat after winning 10 combats, etc.)
Before combat, a gnome must pick the hat they will wear.

Attached a couple very early screenshots, we're still waiting on our artist to come back with a new tileset / pixel images

If anyone is interested or has questions, feel free to leave a message on here or send me a PM.
Last edited by Royi on Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
:) ~ Formally known as Royi ~
Royi

Re: Looking for Beta Testers for my iPhone game (Garden Gnom

Unread post by Royi »

Note we are still waiting on our artist to complete a tilset and pixel images, the main battle screen is a tileset we pulled from online.
Royi

Re: Looking for Beta Testers for my iPhone game (Garden Gnom

Unread post by Royi »

Tile set update coming soon. Will have other new pics up soon as well