So City of Heroes is going away....

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

So City of Heroes is going away....

Unread post by cowmuflage »

So I think I'm late to the party but City of Heroes is going to close in November I think. :( I may not of played it for a few years but I will still miss it. It was my first "real" MMO I mean I played Runescape before hand does that count? Anyway I will miss it.

So today I installed it again and I'm just taking screens of all my characters (front/back/side). I think I will draw them after Overload is done and gone on the 22nd (no time to draw things that are not going to be in that!)

Any one else used to play it?
Novikova
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moooooooon Guard. SC/FM.

Re: So City of Heroes is going away....

Unread post by Novikova »

I was. I think I was on Virtue, the big RP server.

I loved RPing in it and my Mastermind was a ball to play. :( The costume generator was fun, too... I could make so many characters.
Image Sofia, the remarkably purple spirit cat as drawn by Ket Shi. :D

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!
Sar
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Unread post by Sar »

Aw man, I loved CoH. I had (on Defiant EU) a level 50 scrapper hero side, and a level 32 villain, as I played it for 3 years before returning to WoW :/

Sad to see that F2P wasn't even enough to keep her afloat :(
Social Media: YouTube | Twitter | Nerd Rooted
Slapperfish

(deleted)

Unread post by Slapperfish »

(deleted)
Last edited by Slapperfish on Sun May 09, 2021 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Corax

Unread post by Corax »

I actually joined the game after it went Free-to-Play last year. It was obviously an aging game, but still a lot of fun. Now I have a stable full of characters with costumes and biographies, most of them still under level 10, that I won't be able to play again.
Chimera
Realm: Nesingwary (H), Silver Hand (A), Moon Guard (A)

Unread post by Chimera »

Ive never played it but my dad played City of Villians. He really, really loved the game. He's probably gonna be seriously bummed to see it go :/

Frostmarrow by LupisDarkmoon

| Dragon Cave | Magistream | Flight Rising |

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

Aw man. I may not play CoH anymore, but shoot, I never thought it would be closing down. :( Man, that makes me sad... but, as sad as it makes me, comapred to the other MMOs on the market right now, it's showing its age drastically and its gameplay is really only kind of mediocre. Its best feature, imo, was its character creation.

Still, RIP City of Heroes. You were my first MMO and I loved you to pieces when I played you. CoH/CoV will be missed. <3

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Never played but sad to see it go. (cow, Runescape does count. I played it back when it first started. I was like...12 then.)

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

TygerDarkstorm wrote:Aw man. I may not play CoH anymore, but shoot, I never thought it would be closing down. :( Man, that makes me sad... but, as sad as it makes me, comapred to the other MMOs on the market right now, it's showing its age drastically and its gameplay is really only kind of mediocre. Its best feature, imo, was its character creation.

Still, RIP City of Heroes. You were my first MMO and I loved you to pieces when I played you. CoH/CoV will be missed. <3
I agree I love just making up toons was so fun! I did read one of the main reasons for this was it's Free2play model (even after the fact it did really well for itself when it became one) the whole "microtransactions" thing. Having to pay for things like powers and stuff. :S Kinda scary when you think about it as that's how most F2P MMOs work.

Ah Runescape I can't remember how old I was when I started playing you!