WoW - Patch 5.2 | Thunder King Cinematic = (Spoilers)

For discussion of the upcoming 5.2 patch, and any finds on the PTR.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Re: WoW - Patch 5.2 | Thunder King Cinematic = (Spoilers)

Unread post by Kalliope »

Junrei wrote:People who post links to MMO Champion videos actually talk in the topic and that's not even their videos. That's completely different from what Alauran is doing. Alauran is posting HIS stuff from HIS channel and not saying anything at all, even when creating the topics. Kalli talks in her WTWTA video convo links too(hell she even talks to people who comment on the videos too. Alauran doesn't even do that).
Plus my vids are basically part of the Petopia site. The main ones are getting linked to from Petopia and I always refer viewers to Petopia/the Petopia forums. My videos are often to augment active discussion here, adding visuals to otherwise static topics, which is why they generally don't even have their own threads.

Since many of Alauran's videos are of interest to forumgoers, there shouldn't be anything wrong with him posting here. However, it does generate ill will when links are posted here in the way that they're being posted (without presentation, discussion, or conversation). It'd be nice if he accepted the constructive criticism being offered here, for everyone's sake - he only stands to benefit.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Kalliope wrote:
Junrei wrote:People who post links to MMO Champion videos actually talk in the topic and that's not even their videos. That's completely different from what Alauran is doing. Alauran is posting HIS stuff from HIS channel and not saying anything at all, even when creating the topics. Kalli talks in her WTWTA video convo links too(hell she even talks to people who comment on the videos too. Alauran doesn't even do that).
Plus my vids are basically part of the Petopia site. The main ones are getting linked to from Petopia and I always refer viewers to Petopia/the Petopia forums. My videos are often to augment active discussion here, adding visuals to otherwise static topics, which is why they generally don't even have their own threads.

Since many of Alauran's videos are of interest to forumgoers, there shouldn't be anything wrong with him posting here. However, it does generate ill will when links are posted here in the way that they're being posted (without presentation, discussion, or conversation). It'd be nice if he accepted the constructive criticism being offered here, for everyone's sake - he only stands to benefit.
Exactly, yes. :) And really they're neatly in your big WTWTA topic too.

I agree 100%. It's nothing personal against him. We just want him to do something aside from slabbing a link up and posting. Even if it was just a little blurb, I think we'd be all for him showing off his vids.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Alauran
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Skullcrusher

Unread post by Alauran »

O Hi There. Didn't know people got upset. So here i am
Crotalus Horridus
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: N/A

Unread post by Crotalus Horridus »

Alauran wrote:O Hi There. Didn't know people got upset. So here i am

Well hi there. So. . . yeah, people are apparently getting their jimmies rustled.
Alauran
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Alauran »

That's OK. I never got a message from anyone and I just found out about all this today. I Did read the forum rules and I believe I was not breaking any rules. But anyway. How are you?
Crotalus Horridus
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Doing pretty good so far, how about you?
Alauran
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Alauran »

I'm doing well. Do you play WoW By any chance, most likely you do
Crotalus Horridus
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Yep. It's essentially the only Blizzard game I play, really.
Alauran
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Alauran »

Who is your main and how long have you been playing for?
Crotalus Horridus
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Since late BC.
My main goes by many names. Chickenfries, Chupacabra, Chupafries and Bunyip. It's a hunter, of course, and it's on the first server listed below my icon.
Alauran
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Alauran »

Nice. I've been playing Since WoW Beta. I still have my original characters (Links below) of my hunter who i create one month after wow was release, my first mage - first week of wow, and my 70 mage who i created first day of BC.

(Hunter) http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/a ... m/advanced
(Mage) http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/d ... n/advanced
(70 Mage) http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/s ... n/advanced
Alauran
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Alauran »

Sar wrote:I think I'm going to start insta-disliking these vids from now on. We're just a source of views for his rather unimaginative and creationless* youtube channel.

*No actual content created by him, just videos of WoW cinematics. Boooooooring.
That's not nice to say. Yes there are a few videos of cinematic but I only uploaded them during the upcoming patches. You should see the rest of my videos. Some are from my mage and other's who I help out. But How are you?
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Oh yay! He's a person, not a bot. Welcome to the forums! ^_^ We weren't trying to be mean or nothin'. In all technicality, you weren't breaking a rule, but if you liked a forum with lots of discussion and one person kept making dozens of video topics and nothing else, it would get on your nerves a tad. :3 Cause from our perspective, it looks like you only want views to your channel since you never talk to anyone and no one knows who you are.
Last edited by Lisaara on Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

LisaaraPokefarm

Alauran
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Alauran »

Junrei wrote:Oh yay! He's a person, not a bot. Welcome to the forums! ^_^ We weren't trying to be mean or nothin'. In all technicality, you weren't breaking a rule, but if you liked a forum with lots of discussion and one person kept making dozens of video topics and nothing else, it would get on your nerves a tad. :3
Why Hello. How are you?
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

I'm alright. It's a pleasure to finally get to talk to you. :3

LisaaraPokefarm

Alauran
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Alauran »

Junrei wrote:I'm alright. It's a pleasure to finally get to talk to you. :3
Likewise & How long have you been playing WoW and What do you think of the upcoming Patch 5.2
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

I started during late BC when the Illidan raid first came out. Jetfyre was my first toon. I even met my fiance via WoW.

I'm pretty excited for it so far! It's looking really good. Blizz hasn't disappointed yet.

LisaaraPokefarm

Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Unread post by Kurasu »

As a personal suggestion, and some constructive criticism, instead of just posting a link to YouTube stuff, make some comments about the stuff you're posting on. A lot of people, if they wanted to go for videos, they'd go to YouTube. However, this being a forum, they want chatter. :) Use your YouTube stuff as an illustration, rather than as a comment.

Kalliope put it best, I think:
kalliope wrote:My videos are often to augment active discussion here, adding visuals to otherwise static topics, which is why they generally don't even have their own threads.
I'm not anti-video (well, OK... I *am*, but not in the 'Don't post videos' way). I'm just a firm believer in 'communication over advertisement' sort of thing. And if there is a communication barrier of some sort, whether language or other reason, don't be afraid to say that, too.
Come see Kurasu's stables!
Yoruko
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Runetotem (EU)

Unread post by Yoruko »

(How is "how long have you played?" in any way relevant to the topic at hand? :) It's a bit offensive, imho. )

I think people are getting a 'tad too aggressive about the subject, but I can understand the sentiment of annoyance when separate threads only containing a link on the original post get excessive. Unfortunately it starts to taste like advertising and/or views fishing eventually, even if such wasn't initially intended. Still, if it annoys you, I think the best course of action is to just ignore it and let the thread rest?
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

Yoruko wrote:(How is "how long have you played?" in any way relevant to the topic at hand? :) It's a bit offensive, imho. )

I think people are getting a 'tad too aggressive about the subject, but I can understand the sentiment of annoyance when separate threads only containing a link on the original post get excessive. Unfortunately it starts to taste like advertising and/or views fishing eventually, even if such wasn't initially intended. Still, if it annoys you, I think the best course of action is to just ignore it and let the thread rest?
People were complaining he did not converse. So he's conversing. Sure, it's not on topic, but even the mods apparently wanted him to converse.

Doesn't converse, gets chastised.
Converses, gets chastised. >_>