Trying to get Skarr...

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
FourLetterWurdz
Realm: Lightbringer [A], Illidan [H]

Trying to get Skarr...

Unread post by FourLetterWurdz »

So, I thought it'd be fun to go out on my newly 85 to molten front and camp out a skarr. Well, to my horror... the floaty rocks don't seem to be working. I've tried a couple of times, thinking I may be doing something wrong. I just keep falling through. I've watched other hunters do it numerous times as well. Soooo, I don't really know where I should camp. I can die and get on the island. Or, I can just camp on the ledge before the island.

Also... Kirix is a pain at 85. He's been up for about 6 hours, and I've not been able to nab him. The disengage/deterence method isn't working out for me. And, like I said, the rocks are broken.

Aaaaaand last but not least. Can Skarr and the other rares all be up at the same time? It's been a while since I've been out here.
Makoes
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Re: Trying to get Skarr...

Unread post by Makoes »

Skarr and Karkin share a respawn timer, all the spiders have been seen up at the same time, and I've seen Kirix up at the same time as skarr/Karkin. As for the floating rocks, have you used the in game "Submit bug report" to bring this to Blizzards attention?

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

FourLetterWurdz
Realm: Lightbringer [A], Illidan [H]

Unread post by FourLetterWurdz »

Yeah, I have. I submitted one last night after trying a couple of times.
Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

I heard from others that the floating rocks are broken, that's a pain! Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Boven
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by Boven »

Obviously the new shipment of floaty rocks is aboard that Zandalari ship at the Isle of Thunder...

I was just thinking about finishing off MF rep on one of my alts just for the heck of it. I think I'll wait til the rocks are fixed though. Hopefully they'll be fixed by 5.3, because I want to tame some new friends for Wihio (Kirix).
Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Boven wrote:I was just thinking about finishing off MF rep on one of my alts just for the heck of it. I think I'll wait til the rocks are fixed though. Hopefully they'll be fixed by 5.3, because I want to tame some new friends for Wihio (Kirix).
The rocks only fully impact reaching Skitterflame, since Karkin/Skarr could potentially spawn near Kirix. Getting Kirix while the rocks are broken is no problem. :)

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Qinni
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Zul'jin(US)

Unread post by Qinni »

I sent in a ticket/bug report last week about the rocks. They def know about it.
Angerfang
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore,Stormrage,

Unread post by Angerfang »

you can get up there by going from the ground down by the lava pits and face the floating rock and jump and die.. you will rez atop the rock ... i did that many times back in the day ... skaar usually spawns on the rocks up high vs low