World Boss Ordos requires legendary cloak. Other info too.

For discussion of the upcoming 5.4 patch, and any finds on the PTR.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Magnakilro
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Eonar

World Boss Ordos requires legendary cloak. Other info too.

Unread post by Magnakilro »

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/329 ... ts-TCG-Art

Ordos, the Yaungol World boss will require us to have upgraded our cloaks to the legendary versions to reach him.

No more requiring roic mode for the Glory of the '_____' Raider ach it seems...at least just for Org.

Bit more stuff here
Avatar made by the awesome Senna-umbreon
Slickrock

Re: World Boss Ordos requires legendary cloak. Other info t

Unread post by Slickrock »

Yeah, some interesting things...

Glad there will be more Thunderforged
Think I'm glad there will be more valor upgrades
Sounds like the new Isle will be better planned
Account has been closed at user's request.
Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

The cloak thing sounds REALLY dumb. --; Not all of us have done the legendary stuff. I still can't get past the first part cause of sigils I don't get.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Nevish
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Eonar, Thunderhorn

Unread post by Nevish »

Maybe the gun will drop next week...maybe the gun will drop next week...maybe the last sigil will drop next week...why can't I exchange extra sigils for the one I need...*rocks back and forth*

AdamSavage

Unread post by AdamSavage »

Junrei wrote:The cloak thing sounds REALLY dumb. --; Not all of us have done the legendary stuff. I still can't get past the first part cause of sigils I don't get.
Same here.. I need to go run the old LFR to get enough sigils.
I believe if you can believe out of nothing an explosion (big bang) happened then how far fetched can god be?

Dr. Who Video!

Magnakilro

From the sounds of it, Ordos will likely be the new Galleon/Oondasta...so at least he won't drop tier...
peanutbuttercup
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by peanutbuttercup »

Yay, a boss that's gated to exclude even raiders! :( My 10 man group has been full clearing ToT for a few weeks now and we have *1* person with their cloak so far. Everyone else has been RNG screwed to one degree or another - we have folks who are still on the Change of Command part all the way to "I need 1 more Titan Runestone!"

Granted the next patch won't be for a few weeks, months maybe, but still, I am not looking forward to the possibility of doing ToT LFRs for weeks while working on new raids as well.
Danielfboone
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Draka

Unread post by Danielfboone »

I'm stuck at A Change Of Command because I can never find anyone to help with it. All group quests should be removed from the legendary line in my opinion.
Slickrock

Danielfboone wrote:I'm stuck at A Change Of Command because I can never find anyone to help with it. All group quests should be removed from the legendary line in my opinion.
They did nerf that boss pretty hard, a well geared DK could solo him now.

Should also be noted that the cloak fight is HARD, and is not designed to be a faceroll for someone in LFR tier.
Magnakilro

Should also be noted that at this time, there doesn't appear to be a requirement to do any SoO runs for the cloak upgrade at any point, which is odd.

That and non-cloak ppl still have the Celestials boss at least
Slickrock

Magnakilro wrote:Should also be noted that at this time, there doesn't appear to be a requirement to do any SoO runs for the cloak upgrade at any point, which is odd.

That and non-cloak ppl still have the Celestials boss at least
There is speculation that the upgrade mechanism is on the timeless isle, so we'll have to wait and see.

For those that still need sigils, those are supposed to be dropping in ToT in 5.4.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

Slickrock wrote:Should also be noted that the cloak fight is HARD, and is not designed to be a faceroll for someone in LFR tier.
I agree, it is difficult, but I wouldn't stop at LFR. I would venture to say that it isn't faceroll at any tier, given the challenge is comprised of 70% movement/positioning 30% dps (as opposed to being only a flat dps check). Gear can't make you move.

I suppose an argument could be made that those in LFR are less likely to have the skill necessary to meet the rigorous standard of this trial, but that wouldn't seem entirely fair. Not trying to set up and defeat my own straw man argument, but as an LFR raider who not only has the cloak but has mentored a couple heroic wearing hunters on how to beat the encounter, I would take issue with the notion.

Yeah, I would say hunters of any tier should go into this encounter preparing to be tested. I would be surprised if current heroic geared hunters could muscle through it while disregarding the positional dps bonus, but perhaps I am wrong.

Those mirages felt a little RNGy to me, even with Glaive and Thrill of the hunt, but perhaps I didn't grasp the intended strategy for that section.

That all being said, I imagine finding enough players, in correct tank/heal/dps composition, who have the legendary will be quite a challenge in itself. I hope this guy has some sort of compensation for this particularly loathsome gate.

Edit: Devs said they want people who have the ilvl 600 cloak to complete the last step and get the Legendary cloak quickly in 5.4 so it is relevant for progression, unlike the Dragon Soul daggers.
Slickrock

Yeah, saw those notes about getting them early in 5.4, so I suspect that gearing will help in time.
Banard

Unread post by Banard »

Quivering wrote:
Slickrock wrote:Should also be noted that the cloak fight is HARD, and is not designed to be a faceroll for someone in LFR tier.
I agree, it is difficult, but I wouldn't stop at LFR. I would venture to say that it isn't faceroll at any tier, given the challenge is comprised of 70% movement/positioning 30% dps (as opposed to being only a flat dps check). Gear can't make you move.

I suppose an argument could be made that those in LFR are less likely to have the skill necessary to meet the rigorous standard of this trial, but that wouldn't seem entirely fair. Not trying to set up and defeat my own straw man argument, but as an LFR raider who not only has the cloak but has mentored a couple heroic wearing hunters on how to beat the encounter, I would take issue with the notion.

Yeah, I would say hunters of any tier should go into this encounter preparing to be tested. I would be surprised if current heroic geared hunters could muscle through it while disregarding the positional dps bonus, but perhaps I am wrong.

Those mirages felt a little RNGy to me, even with Glaive and Thrill of the hunt, but perhaps I didn't grasp the intended strategy for that section.

That all being said, I imagine finding enough players, in correct tank/heal/dps composition, who have the legendary will be quite a challenge in itself. I hope this guy has some sort of compensation for this particularly loathsome gate.

Edit: Devs said they want people who have the ilvl 600 cloak to complete the last step and get the Legendary cloak quickly in 5.4 so it is relevant for progression, unlike the Dragon Soul daggers.

see wow general , gave someone some tips on the cloak quest. The mirages...using barrage. Gets em all.
Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

Im stuck on the pvp bit..why? Cause my mains a alliance and we can't win that mine one grrr!!

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~