Collection of dev intterviews on mmochamp.

For discussion of the next WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
SylviaDragon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Drenden/illidan

Collection of dev intterviews on mmochamp.

Unread post by SylviaDragon »

For those who have not seen it yet, a thread on mmo champ whent through all of the legion interviews various fan sites posted and mushed them all together in one spot for easy reading. lots more info on how specs are being revamped, how weapons will work, gear, flying, ect ect. lots of stuff to read and think about.
there is also a vid for one of them if that is your thing.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/183 ... Interviews

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Re: Collection of dev intterviews on mmochamp.

Unread post by Wain »

Thanks! There's a lot of good stuff in there that they didn't cover in the initial presentation :)
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by pop »

Thank you@!
AdamSavage
Illustrious Master Hunter

Unread post by AdamSavage »

The subscriber count is more volatile than it used to be because players have gotten older and don't have as much free time anymore. As long as players are happy and enjoy the game, the team doesn't mind extreme peaks and valleys. They just want to ensure you have a great experience and feel like you got your money's worth.
This is kind of funny.. Loosing 50% of the subscriber base, in a little over 6 months isn't entirely players getting older. Did they forget that the sub base jumped to 10 Million before ? That's not a sign of the game getting old, or the sub base not having the time anymore. I personally think it's a cause and effect.. With all the conflicting communication from them, and the lack of content, including trying to remove flying from all new content, it backfired on them. If they are ok with that, then so be it. I still think with the long pause, the sub base will dip even lower. I predict it to be around 4 million at best, and possibly even going as low as 3.5-3 Million.
Last edited by AdamSavage on Thu Aug 13, 2015 1:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
I believe if you can believe out of nothing an explosion (big bang) happened then how far fetched can god be?

Dr. Who Video!

SylviaDragon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Drenden/illidan

Unread post by SylviaDragon »

Right..so make us wait till the end of the expansion, where it doesn't really matter anymore ?
I am hoping they just mean there will be an achievement to unlock at launch, maybe in the first patch. hopefully something more fun than the apex grind of wod. I always though it would be awesome if you could grind rep with a faction like the lore walkers, where you gain rep through exploration and finding treasures. but I admit their statement has me feeling uneasy too. its kind of a weird thing to say when we don't actually have flying yet.

also i was facepalming at the peaks and valleys statement too. I mean i know it would be suicide for them to flat out admit they messed up but damn... they don't have to be so enthusiastic about it instead. >.>

on a more positive note, I am really interested in how they are describing some of this pvp stuff. although saying they don't want there to be pvp gear, but sometimes you can still get pvp gear, pvp gear will be really important... that was really confusing?
but i like the idea of there being a pvp talent tree and being able to do it over and over again for new vanity rewards. I used to love pvp. I stopped at the end of mop but I have really missed it. This is a huge incentive for me to dust off the old pvp mog and hit the bgs again.it sounds like it could be really fun.

some aspects of artifacts really worry me. mostly with how hard it will be to enjoy alts or an offspec when so much of your damage will really on you maintaining and upgrading that weapon for all your alts and specs.However I am interested in how you can upgrade your weapon and progress just buy going out in the world and doing stuff. I'm hoping its a progress/interaction based thing and not a "collect 300 runes from raid X" type of thing. I could really enjoy working on my weapon if its an out and about the world kind of thing.

Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

From the latest interview I saw, they want the introductory experience of the expansion to be from the ground, the same way it has been in Wrath (for the most part), MoP and WoD. I think the unlocking flying will come much much sooner, but still be gated behind exploration related achievements. No firm details yet, but I am very confident that it will unlock much sooner in Legion than in WoD. Remember they didn't even reach their flying compromise till late WoD anyway, which is why it was implemented so late. Since they have this idea at the beginning of Legion, I think it is reasonable to assume they will implement it much sooner as well. I wouldn't be surprised to see it unlocked by the first patch.
AdamSavage

Unread post by AdamSavage »

Quivering wrote:From the latest interview I saw, they want the introductory experience of the expansion to be from the ground, the same way it has been in Wrath (for the most part), MoP and WoD. I think the unlocking flying will come much much sooner, but still be gated behind exploration related achievements. No firm details yet, but I am very confident that it will unlock much sooner in Legion than in WoD. Remember they didn't even reach their flying compromise till late WoD anyway, which is why it was implemented so late. Since they have this idea at the beginning of Legion, I think it is reasonable to assume they will implement it much sooner as well. I wouldn't be surprised to see it unlocked by the first patch.
I hope so, but from the data I've gathered. The 1st major patch could be the also the last. I only saw 2 raids listed, similar to what we have now.
I believe if you can believe out of nothing an explosion (big bang) happened then how far fetched can god be?

Dr. Who Video!

Shade
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Alliance: Garona; Horde: Nordrassil

Unread post by Shade »

Here is another interview I am not seeing on MMO champ yet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trJiscnWZ8c
WoW Legion Interview with Tom Chilton - Bribe NPCs to PvP?
by Yogscast Sjin

Mentions some of the class changes, including one that I had not heard yet:
Rogue one spec is going more ninja, one spec going more swashbuckler, one spec going more assassin.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

AdamSavage wrote:I hope so, but from the data I've gathered. The 1st major patch could be the also the last. I only saw 2 raids listed, similar to what we have now.
Well we actually have 3 raids, and I suspect the 2 we saw listed will be just like they did MoP and WoD, launch raids that are staggered. I hope they handle those a bit better. 6.1 and the delay of BRF was a bad combination, so hopefully they learned from that.