Taming Mounts

Rawr
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Taming Mounts

Unread post by Rawr »

Im wondering if anyone found out if or when we can tame mounts, also beta testers is it 25 (5 active and 20 stabled) or 20 (5 active and 15 stabled) pets. And can you guys tell us, if u know, what pets will no longer be with us?

Thanks! :mrgreen:

Rawr

Re: Taming Mounts

Unread post by Rawr »

no comments? :cry:
wheres the love? :hug:

Dizzy
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Dizzy »

we'll probably never have the ability to tame mounts.
everyone would complain about it nonstop, and blizz doesn't want to implement that :\
Rawr

Unread post by Rawr »

*starts crying in corner*

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

to be thruthful tameing mounts is a silly idea and it would bring to much hate to be worth it.
Rhyela
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

Well, I'd have to disagree on the "silly" part. I think it'd be awesome, myself. The problem is that the other classes would most likely not be very happy with it. To be honest, we hunters are already pretty spoiled as it is with all the pets we have to choose from. I wouldn't ask Blizz to furthermore let me tame my own mount. Again, it'd be awesome, but we already have it pretty good. :)

I'm curious mostly about the Strider Clutchmother. I released her today to tame Rak'shiri. If she'll still be around in Cata, then I'm not worried. But if she's gone, then I hope the stable changes come in a patch prior to the launch so I can get her and my white lion Tetsusaiga back. Yeah the sooner we can get some pet-lovers in the beta, the better. We need a man (or woman!) on the inside.....*sneaky*

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

They would proberly make it an BM only skill seeing as thats the "pet" spec and that would just piss me off >.>
Rhyela
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

Now that, I do agree with you. :lol: :)

Goodness, it's 2:00 a.m.! I gotta get to bed. G'night, fellow Petopians! :D

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
tramani
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: dragonblight
Location: sholazar basin , i have a little place there called the avalanche

Unread post by tramani »

we should be able to tame our own mounts , but not all , pally's and locks have their unique mounts , we are master of the wild and animals and we dont?
Mockingbird
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Azjol-Nerub (EU)

Unread post by Mockingbird »

I reckon the -could- do it, but:

a) would have to limit it to existing mout types to avoid hundreds of hours od modelling/animation
b) would have to implement is at the same cost - you need riding skill, and pay whatever the normal mount gold cost is for a "custom riding harness" - a one-use item that disappears when used successfully to tame a mount.

I think it's unlikely, all things told.
Sarayana
Realm: Ysera-US, Nesingwary-US

Unread post by Sarayana »

I actually agree with Tramani, but I think Blizz would have to severely restrict it - one slow and one fast ground mount, like pallies and locks. And Mockingbird is right, in terms of coding it'd probably also have to be very limited - based on existing models, all that. Could be cool as a class quest though, if Blizz let you go into a zone and pick your mount from a pack kind of a thing. *mind wandering, just pondering all the possibilities*

Much gratitude to Spiritbinder for the signature and Vephriel for the avatar! <3

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

I still don't think its a good idea we get enuff good things allready. If they did it then they would have to make mounts for all the other classes and if they were to make a hunter mount we should not be able to choose it it would not be fiar on pallys/locks etc. so basicly yes we should have a class mount but we should not tame it.
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Yeah, as much as I would love something like that, I really think Hunters are quite spoiled as it is. :) Just seems like overkill. ^^;
Karathyriel
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Not playing anymore.

Unread post by Karathyriel »

And where would be the limit?
Could make a cow a mount? Or a devilsaur?

If you'd limit it down to critters you can tame to be pets, then what about exotics? Could BM-hunters then have a Loque-mount? And others couldn't?

Nah, as much as it would be logical, it'd unbalance the whole community and would makes us hunters even more disliked as wealready are, with being the noob-class and all that crap...
Sarayana

Nah, I was thinking even more limited. You know, a quest text along the lines of "those wild stallions over there bla bla bla.... Only the strongest hunters are able to tame one, but if you do it'll be loyal for life... bla bla bla" and then you basically get your pick of the herd or something. I don't think it can be anything fancier than that (perhaps with a unique, wild horse look to it, to stand out as a class mount, but a horse, just like pallies' and locks' mounts).

Anyway, that's where my mind went when I started pondering. I agree that it won't ever happen. :|

Much gratitude to Spiritbinder for the signature and Vephriel for the avatar! <3

Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

I wouldn't want it at all, if it weren't for the fact that we might be able to TAME SILITHIDS AND RIDE AROUND ON THEM! WOHAA!

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Jakkra
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Bleeding Hollow US

Unread post by Jakkra »

There would have to be some maaaajor restrictions on this, or like others have said, just have one specific mount for all hunters to "tame" in a quest line similar to the Venomhide Ravasaur mount maybe.
Saturo wrote:I wouldn't want it at all, if it weren't for the fact that we might be able to TAME SILITHIDS AND RIDE AROUND ON THEM! WOHAA!
^^^^^ But I have to say... I completely agree with Saturo and riding Silithids! ^^^^^
Sarayana

Jakkra wrote:There would have to be some maaaajor restrictions on this, or like others have said, just have one specific mount for all hunters to "tame" in a quest line similar to the Venomhide Ravasaur mount maybe.
That's an excellent example and it's exactly what I was trying to get at. :)

Anansi
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Anansi »

Tamable mounts has been my number one wish list item for Hunters for a very long time. It's a pure vanity thing, it doesn't affect class balance at all, and we can tame a pet to fight and die for us, but not to just ride around on?

Of course such an ability would not be eligible for the number-of-mounts achievements, and I'd be perfectly good with tamed mounts having no barding at all. But can you imagine, riding around on a Clefthoof or a Stegasaurus or a Giraffe? A Rhino? It would be so fantastic.
Kryte
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by Kryte »

Saturo wrote:I wouldn't want it at all, if it weren't for the fact that we might be able to TAME SILITHIDS AND RIDE AROUND ON THEM! WOHAA!
I'd like to see them make the Silithid mounts usable outside of AQ... The Scarab Lords would still have unique mounts, so they can keep their special little thing, and other colors wouldn't go to waste.