Human/Undead hunters to be available before Cataclysm?

Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
vvhooya
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: scilla

Re: Human/Undead hunters to be available before Cataclysm?

Unread post by vvhooya »

wow I will change to undead hunter instantly once the patch releases!!!
Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

vvhooya wrote:wow I will change to undead hunter instantly once the patch releases!!!
Only if you're rerolling from scratch. You won't be able to race change to the new combinations until later on...or is that just worgen/goblins?

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Sarayana
Realm: Ysera-US, Nesingwary-US

Unread post by Sarayana »

I think it's all of them. After all, there are feats of strength for each race/class combo, right?

Much gratitude to Spiritbinder for the signature and Vephriel for the avatar! <3

Feath3r
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Feath3r »

Sarayana wrote:I think it's all of them. After all, there are feats of strength for each race/class combo, right?
I'd read they dropped all the realm/world firsts since Blizz fully expected Death Knights to be the firsts (since you can make them day one) for those races and the race changes put the new class/race combos in the same boat.

(They didn't drop the realm/world firsts though, just what I'd read at the time concerning both, this was at least a month ago so grain of salt and all that)
Sarayana

That would make sense... I've also heard rumours that the race changes will be available right away, it just didn't make sense to me. If they're removing the realm first achievements it kinda does, though. :)

Much gratitude to Spiritbinder for the signature and Vephriel for the avatar! <3

Bellatryx
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary

Unread post by Bellatryx »

Just saw an update.. its first goblin/worgen to 85 who has created their starting area quest chain. We might get race change abilties from get start and only the ones who completed the phased starting area chain will get the achiev.. im sure when you're changing a lv 80 toon you can't go back to the very first area.

and i see nothing about first race/class combos.. just first of the two new races

Source http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/197 ... ame-Puppy)

Sarayana

It's funny you should say that Lovcat. I read an article on wow.com about the race changes on beta, and he explained how he was running around as a human because he didn't have the shifting - he had none of his racials - until a friend told him to go drown himself in the Gilneas sewers, which phased him with the original Gilneas that you start in when you roll a new worgen. He could then do all the low-level quests, which finally taught him the worgen form.

I'm sure Blizz will fix it, but for now a level 80 race-changing to worgen will be able to do those quests.

Bellatryx
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary

Unread post by Bellatryx »

Sarayana wrote:It's funny you should say that Lovcat. I read an article on wow.com about the race changes on beta, and he explained how he was running around as a human because he didn't have the shifting - he had none of his racials - until a friend told him to go drown himself in the Gilneas sewers, which phased him with the original Gilneas that you start in when you roll a new worgen. He could then do all the low-level quests, which finally taught him the worgen form.

I'm sure Blizz will fix it, but for now a level 80 race-changing to worgen will be able to do those quests.
I saw thats same bug when one of the guys from Yogscast race changed on the beta, it'd only show him in worgen form in cut scenes. I'm sure it's all a bug and blizz just hasn't made the appropriate changes.

It is pretty funny/sad though, to fix it you go drown yourself in your home city's sewers.

Sarayana

Yeah, I have to admit I laughed. :lol:

Wolftusk
Realm: Darkmoon Faire

Unread post by Wolftusk »

I'm going to keep my Troll Hunter, but i'm rolling a Undead Mage and Goblin Rogue in cata.
I don't want to get my mage now, i want to wait for cata for the new quests.

Also, i'm new. :headbang:

Undra
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Zul'jin

Unread post by Undra »

I'm not exactly sure how far apart people are thinking this 4.0.3 is versus the street date of cata, but i'm fairly certain it's the same day.