Show off your Mists of Pandaria tames! (picture heavy)

Relate your epic tames and show off your pets.
Chimera
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary (H), Silver Hand (A), Moon Guard (A)

Re: Show off your Mists of Pandaria tames! (picture heavy)

Unread post by Chimera »

Neilaren wrote:
GormanGhaste wrote:
Xakaal wrote:There's a goat that bleats at you as you climb the Veiled Stair towards Kun-Lai. Well, I'm in absolute love xD
I like that goat too :)
I definitely had to shout at it as I ran through that area: "No! Don't you bleat at me I don't have space in my stable for you! Stop tempting me!"
So cute. :<
I literally told the goat off like 'dont you bleat at me! I'll tame you and then we'll be seeing who's bleating last!' or something.. it was late, very very very late.. :lol:

And they do make noise when clicked :D Welcome Goat still got the last bleat in! Forever and always will get that last dang bleat xD Its awesome, it really is, makes him even more special <3

Frostmarrow by LupisDarkmoon

| Dragon Cave | Magistream | Flight Rising |

Schlager
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Undermine

Unread post by Schlager »

Wow the goat is huge! Looks pretty cool.

Here are my tames, Cheebee is my favorite, he's so obnoxiously large. Still want Portent, maybe Patrannache and Hexapos.

Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Just tamed my final pet of the expansion, the purple quilen. His name is Mamoru, which means 'to protect' in Japanese.

Schlager
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Undermine

Unread post by Schlager »

Purple quilen looks great, especially with that mog! Enjoy surprising people with the battle res, I can't wait to get mine!
Kirsten
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Thrall

Unread post by Kirsten »

I've had Ankha for a long time, but I thought this picture was neat. ;D

Edit: I forgot the picture.. >.>
Editx2: Resized that humongous thing
Wassa
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Wassa »

The only MoP pet I was excited to tame for Wassa. Named him Kijidori. He seems a bit shy. Also we were being watched by his wild self that respawned while I took screenshots.

The surprise beta kitty, Kolmaya, but now I have him for real. Now to see if him or my other cat Ackee will end up being the cat for my stables.
Last edited by Wassa on Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

A rare visitor to this forum now that I don't play WoW anymore, but forever a Petopian.

Neilaren
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Shu'halo (H), Mok'nathal (A)

Unread post by Neilaren »

Away from my computer for the weekend, but we brought a laptop that BARELY plays WoW...
Blue Portent was up! It took a lot of fumbling with spells in my book (with a lack of my Bartender addon cutting out most of my bars) but I got my Kumatora! ... This was a lot quicker than I anticipated! It's almost as if no one on my realm even knows about quilen, let alone any of the tracker-rares! I haven't seen any aside from my own...

So now I have to decide if I'm keeping the red Portent I tamed last night, too.
I sent away the water strider temporarily, so I need to make a space to get it back (or just tame Hexapos... hee)

Edit: ...Huh, how about that. Just went looking for the HEX of it (ahaha...aha..ha) aaaand there he was. The name is a Kid Icarus Uprising reference. All my tames this expansion are video games! (Sonic, Auron, Kumatora, Pit... Haha, I had just noticed!)

So I guess for now I am officially done with my taming.
Attachments
WoWScrnShot_092812_230250.jpg
WoWScrnShot_092812_230250.jpg (271.28 KiB) Viewed 2557 times
WoWScrnShot_092812_233203.jpg
WoWScrnShot_092812_233203.jpg (142.23 KiB) Viewed 2557 times
Last edited by Neilaren on Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
peanutbuttercup
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by peanutbuttercup »

Picked up Stompy today! Thanks Kalliope for the taming videos, as I wasn't sure how the tracking worked exactly and you saved me a lot of hassle. :D Oh, and my level 1 Bandicoon (thanks to Wain's companion post) snuck his way into the pic too. I still need to name the little guy. :)
s1ncer1ty
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Feathermoon

Unread post by s1ncer1ty »

Lourain and his new friend Bastian~

Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

Kronos is the first and maybe only rare spawn Daphine will be going after. I didn't even intend to get him at first, but my other water strider wasn't clicking. He clicked. Instantly. I adore him.

Miagi, my crane, started out as white. But I was admiring my friend's crane and realized that the blue would look fabulous with Daphine's planned mog set (which is shown in this picture). We ran around and eventually I molted Miagi into his new beautiful look.

More pictures to come, I have a turtle, a tiger and a goat to show off!

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Senna-Umbreon
Realm: Eonar, Nesingwary, Windrunner and the Venture Co.

Unread post by Senna-Umbreon »

Well, here I am with my own story. Even though I've really only tamed one thing I love so far. And it's not even a rare or anything! XD

Have I mentioned I love the Water Striders? ...I actually know for a fact I haven't. Well, to Lupis I did, but regardless... Today I decided to actually get back to playing MoP, since I've been distracted with another game since launch day. XD And in doing so, I remembered, hey, there's lots of new pets to tame! So a quick trip to Petopia had me discover that there wasn't much at lvl 85 that I really wanted. ..Except for the blue Water Striders. Which happened to be just a quick trip to the river south of where I was questing. So I headed that way and after a while of looking, found a bunch of the little guys. I tamed the one closest to me, and.. Well, instantly fell in love. This little bug is just BEYOND cute. I cannot begin to explain how much I love him. He's just so so pretty! I haven't used any other pet besides him since I tamed him! And that's saying something considering I had told myself I'd use my Felpaw Wolf and cheetah for my questing through Pandaria, especially considering how much those two mean to me. But.. Ahglsjfkgl I just love this bug! His emotes are just the cutest, too! (Big hugs to whoever came up with the Water Strider emotes for PetEmote, by the way. <3) Unfortunately.. I'm still completely stuck on a name for him. I don't know why, but I just haven't been able to find a fitting name for him yet. But it proves just how attached I've gotten to him when you consider I've been dragging this little guy around for probably six hours straight now even though he doesn't have a name! (And well, I really dislike using pets who don't have names yet, so...)

I also just love his Surface Trot ability. It makes for some very pretty photo opportunities~ <3
Attachments
WoWScrnShot_092912_005130.jpg
WoWScrnShot_092912_005130.jpg (323.04 KiB) Viewed 2557 times
Note: I also really love this pool of water at the Tian Monastery. Augh, it's so pretty!
Note: I also really love this pool of water at the Tian Monastery. Augh, it's so pretty!
WoWScrnShot_092912_005057.jpg (329.01 KiB) Viewed 2557 times
Shadow
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Kil'jaeden-A (US)

Unread post by Shadow »

So. I had a good day!

I got this guy by following the map. Wandering across the place where he crosses the river, I found his tracks! And. They instantly phased away. I waited for him by the gate where he unphases! And he walked past me. -.- So I chased him around, passing other hunters on his trail... and felt sick, remembering what happened with Savage. But if someone else got him, good for them. I waited just above the lake and dropped a flare just as he was heading... away from me? The damn bug had just managed to drop a track and turn away, he was trying to confuse me! Dx But I managed to flare him, got off a shot, then tamed him.

While my boyfriend was having issues with a movie (I decided to be weird. Since we can't watch The Amazing Spider-Man right now, I decided to watch The Girl Who Leapt Through Time because it's Ghibli...). While he was working on that, I decided it would be a nice time to look for Pat. I started on the right side of the map and worked my way to the left. Just past the marshes, I found a footprint! So, I ran forward, ran back, couldn't find anymore, so I dropped a flare. Nothing. I ran forward and back a while, looking for the next print, til I gave up and went to a spot on the edge of the marsh where I had marked he would come. I dropped a flare there... and he was right there. I shot him... misplaced my tame, so I typed /cast tame beast... got a tame off just as the Savage swiper came over. xD And being the WONDERFUL person she is, she pulled out her Pat. Good for her, I went and watched a movie with my loved one.

Oddly enough for me, Savage and Glimmer took me across the map (in the former's case, twice...), but Pat took me maybe 10 minutes... Lucky me. o.O
Attachments
Pat.jpg
Pat.jpg (288.44 KiB) Viewed 2557 times
Glimmer.jpg
Glimmer.jpg (162.27 KiB) Viewed 2557 times

Always be kind to your pets... or else.
When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning
And the future has passed without even a last desperate warning

Blog

Mozag
Realm: Several on EU.

Unread post by Mozag »

And some more tames from hunters who have been hitting Pandaria. :)

Uinen

Raindrop

Loot

Killer

Horatio

Emerald
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

Im in love with those new tigers!!

Just tamed my Insectosaurus :D - short Insecto cause the Insectosaurus is to long by one letter!! sniff.. But Insecto is cute too :)

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

s1ncer1ty
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Feathermoon

Unread post by s1ncer1ty »

Lourain's newly tamed Glimmer, named Hope (har har)~

Bonus fun: Cheebee (a.k.a. Chubbs)! I think we're going to need a bigger kite...

Mozag
Realm: Several on EU.

Unread post by Mozag »

And two more tames from today:

Nahar, who is extremely charming!

And Dagnir, who stole my heart instantly. He seems to like me too.

Edit: More!

Cora, who is the most beautiful cat model I've seen.

Agnes and her final footprint after an hour and a half of tracking.
Falcon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Falcon »

Finally got my MothraLeo. ^_^

Edit: Takuya has become a permanent part of my stable after he wormed his way into my heart with his sweet nature and roars on click. Being named after one of the lead humans from my absolute favorite kaiju movie, Godzilla and Mothra: The Battle For Earth, he doesn't break my stable theme.

Last edited by Falcon on Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
SylviaDragon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Drenden/illidan

Unread post by SylviaDragon »

I was looking for the Quillen I wanted to tame and came across this Raven instead. Unlike the others he was soaring across the sky and doing loops around the mountains instead of huddling under a tree. I decided to tame him in loving memory of my bird Zamies. <3
I ran into this guy while questing in the snow-capped mountains where I found Zamies. I had had no luck finding the skin I wanted so I decided to tame this guy until I found something better. Eventually I found the skin I had been looking for and was going to abandon Temple. I looked at the Defender… I looked at Temple…I looked at the Defender … then at Temple again. (I think Temple was making puppy dog eyes.) I decided I didn’t like the purple stone skin that much after all so I kept this guy. =P I may switch him out for Portant but I’m no so sure now.

Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Alright, I went out and got proper portraits of all my new tames, so here's an introduction. :)

Baphomet the goat. He's the 'Welcome Goat' that stands in the Veiled Stair and bleats at you when you pass by. I knew I wanted the black skin, and I couldn't resist such a personable fellow. His name comes from the goat-headed pagan deity as I'm sure most people will recognize.

Bloodsting the water strider (Glimmer). I had my eye on this particular model from the moment they were first datamined. I loved the sinister red eyes! His name was a temporary one that I gave him in beta, but I think I might stick with it since it encompasses the mood I get from him. I think of a mosquito when I look at him, with his blood-filled abdomen.

Igneous the former Terrorpene, now returns as a dragon turtle (Bloodtooth). Iggy completed his cooling down transformation, his fires melting into a smooth obsidian shell. :)

Khan the tiger. Originally I didn't think I would want one of the new tigers since I've never been very drawn to feline pets in this game, but this skin won me over. I love it!

Tancho the crane. I've always been very fond of traditional Japanese artwork that features cranes like this. I tamed one of the Ink-Tipped Cranes since the name was the perfect illustration of the calligraphy/artistic vibe I got from them. The word 'tancho' (red crown) comes from the species of crane that shares it.

Finally there's Mamoru the quilen. I really love the stone models, and naturally I went for the purple. I prefer the plain skin to the Portent one since it has a richer colour without the lighter mane. The word 'mamoru' is Japanese for 'to protect'. I love the idea of a protective guardian statue. (EDIT: He maybe (probably) will be switching to the cobalt skin instead. Still the same pet underneath though!)
Holgarr
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US - Alliance

Unread post by Holgarr »

Kalliope wrote:Welcome goooooat! <3

Welcome Goat is much nicer than Welcome Bear ever was. ...you pre-TBC folks know who i'm talking about.
Image Image