Show off your Mists of Pandaria tames! (picture heavy)

Relate your epic tames and show off your pets.
Finduilas
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Norgannon EU (H) - Thrall EU (H) - Antonidas EU(A)

Show off your Mists of Pandaria tames! (picture heavy)

Unread post by Finduilas »

Since I can see tons of "I tamed ..." posts popping up I thought of our "Show off your 4.3. tames"-thread and here you go.
Post all your epic taming stories and post pictures of your new loves. I think it might be a good idea to have them all in one thread and everyone who's picture-crazy like me know where to look for awesome stories and their pictures.

I'm going to start with my tame of Savage. It was tuesday and I had read here in the forums about tames. Shrugging I thought "well the US get it first... wait until tomorrow" only to log into my account, find an ep bar and a quest for Finduilas. My first thought "fuuuuu, have to leave for work in 15 minutes". For 15 minutes I do my quests, then I have to leave for work. 9 hours later I'm back home and start looking for Savage. I ride to the spot I found him at in the beta and yaaaay, tracks. Then the search follows. I flare around in circles, following the tracks and then notice a draenei hunter following me, I turn around and follow the tracks in the opposite direction, using camouflage. I have it glyphed so the dreanei lost me *yay*. I follow the tracks from one end to the other (backwards, still) and then I see it at the end of his path: two tracks in opposite directions. Savage has turned around and must have passed me while my flare was on cd or while I was avoiding the elite snakes. Frustrated I decided to ride back to the other end of his track and wait for him there. But the place was crowded with dks and warriors from my and the opposite faction questing. I was afraid to loose the beast again. So I ride back, near the lake I can see tracks appearing in front of me. There you go little beast. Flare and hunter's mark. Ignoring my icetrap he keeps on walking while I cast Tame beast. I'm afraid he would run out of range, but then a golden flash and my cat runs towards me. I think he's the first for my German server (most of the hunters I know there aren't much interested in rares, or want everything served to their face - challenge tames? omg, sooooo dangerous and not possible....). Now my cute Snöflinga (snowflake) will help Finduilas to get to level 86 and further on.
WoWScrnShot_092512_200313.jpg
WoWScrnShot_092512_200313.jpg (405.82 KiB) Viewed 3180 times

current signature thanks to Ashaine

Findu on Battle.net

Findu's stables

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Re: Show off your Mists of Pandaria tames! (picture heavy)

Unread post by Ana »

are u going to move them all to this thread? that would be alot easier to keep track off who you said congratulations too ;D

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Finduilas
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Norgannon EU (H) - Thrall EU (H) - Antonidas EU(A)

Unread post by Finduilas »

I don't think I can move any threads :) if the moderators think of it as a good idea, maybe they should move it accordingly. I just thought it might be better than having lots of "I tamed.." threads with 2-3 responses each. And we had such a thread for the 4.3. pets and it worked really well.

current signature thanks to Ashaine

Findu on Battle.net

Findu's stables

ShotsyA52
Realm: Area 52

Unread post by ShotsyA52 »

My BFF and I both got Savage, Glimmer and Patrannache in the first day! So excited as I thought this was going to be a nightmare! Beta was bad enough but this was REALLY easy with the spawn rates not being adjusted and I guess alot of ppl just don't know about it yet. (I'm also on a high population server.) I do really hope they increase the short spawn time as they aren't going to be very rare. lol

It's ALL about the PETS!
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

I'm so happy right now! :) I just hit 87 a few minutes ago and went straight to the Krasarang beaches to track down Bloodtooth who would be my new Igneous. I had been dreading this tame since his pathway is so long, and he goes through shark infested waters in a few places which are a little terrifying for me.

I was thinking this was going to be the hardest tame, but as soon as I arrived at the beach I found a track waiting for me. What are the chances! I guess Iggy really just wanted to come home. <3 I didn't even have to go through the water, he was on the beach for me the whole time and I quickly flared him out and welcomed him back home with his new appearance.

Golden
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Chamber of Aspects-A, Bloodhoof-H

Unread post by Golden »

So far I've only tamed Kivisydän (Stoneheart). I'm not yet 100% sure which color I'll end up getting, so he's grey for now - still haunted by the sha of Krasarang Wilds, I like to think. His name will also change when that happens, as the sha's doing a good job at hiding his true personality.
Attachments
WoWScrnShot_092612_221043.jpg
WoWScrnShot_092612_221043.jpg (84.22 KiB) Viewed 3180 times
ejpaints
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Aerie Peak

Unread post by ejpaints »

Aww cool. I'll have to get hubby to log on his hunter tonight so I can get a screenie of us with our savages. There's a bunch of hunters crying foul on our realm right now thinking the same person tamed him the first 2 spawns. In reality hubby called me yesterday afternoon in a panic bc there were a bunch of other hunters running around trying to find him too and he kept losing the tracks. (I practiced taming him on beta quite a few times, not gonna lie. I wanted to be fast at it.)

I felt like an idiot at work explaining to him over the phone how to track that cat. But now I just think its sorta neat that we got the first 2. Mine needs a good name still. It will come to me. Thanks for starting this though. I'll make sure to post screenies after we both get them. I've got hubby hooked now so when I get one he's never far behind. I'll get jealous when he starts beating me to it. Lol
Enikka & Gara.
Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Just a quick shot of me and my gal. :D Picked her up fairly easily last night!
Attachments
Eurydice tamed.jpg
Eurydice tamed.jpg (137.9 KiB) Viewed 3180 times

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Chimera
Realm: Nesingwary (H), Silver Hand (A), Moon Guard (A)

Unread post by Chimera »

Got him like 10min after hitting lvl 87!

Frostmarrow by LupisDarkmoon

| Dragon Cave | Magistream | Flight Rising |

Sesamee
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Kil'Jaeden

Unread post by Sesamee »

Nangara is home!! I'm glad she's now more than just a beta pet! Seeing her in the armory made me smile big!

I can't believe I found him so soon. And in almost the same spot as on Beta. Superman is named after a nickname for my bf so it was fitting that my bf was with me when I found him. :)

Guzou was with me so much on Beta that retaming him wasn't like getting a new pet. It was like welcoming an old friend back. Guzou has been through many evolutions but no matter what color he is he is the same to me. I think he'll end up in the navy Portent skin eventually! I'm incredibly attached to this guy even though I'm not 100% loving the final form Quilen were given.

I saw this Water Strider and did an impluse tame. I love her!! She's all glowy and sparkly like a firefly. I don't know if I'll end up with a MoP or a BC model. I'm trying a few out. I love the Black BC skin but this little gal warmed me up to the MoP ones. She's adorable!
Bonita
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Whisperwind (A), Nesingwary (H),

Unread post by Bonita »

Came across Portent's tracks as I was starting to do my quests for the Golden Lotus. Not the color I wanted, but it was my 2nd choice.
I forgot about him phasing out and nearly had a heart attack.
Attachments
WoWScrnShot_092712_020956.jpg
WoWScrnShot_092712_020956.jpg (403.08 KiB) Viewed 3180 times

Sig made by Iggypuff
Credit to Sookie, Kurenio, Thorka and Karin for the amazing sigs they made me and Kurenio, Thorka and Seilahyn for the awesome avatars.
Flight Rising!

Kalliope

Calydonian made it to liiiiiiiiiiiiive! :) :D :mrgreen: :shock: :? :lol:

Eeeeeee, happy hunter!
Attachments
Calydonian tamed.jpg
Calydonian tamed.jpg (145.64 KiB) Viewed 3180 times

YouTube Edition

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

I love seeing your tames :D Must wait until Friday to go taming like mad ;)

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Sar
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Unread post by Sar »

Posted about this on launch night, but finally getting around to getting a pic up :)

Got that pic approved on WoWhead, and it's the world first uploaded live tame screenshot on there, saved for all posterity! :D

Server first for Kilrogg EU, tamed at 2:48am, less than 4 hours after Pandaria opened. Followed his tracks for over an hour, up and down the zone before finally getting him to come out of hiding :)

So far I've not seen anyone else on the server with him, so unsure if anyone else has claimed the 2nd tame. There may be no achievement or official recognition, but I finally have a server first to be proud of - tracking these new rares can be HARD! :D

He's now my regular pet, and he's just so gorgeous looking!

I named him Spirit, which just "fit".
Attachments
savage2.jpg
savage2.jpg (169.18 KiB) Viewed 3180 times
Social Media: YouTube | Twitter | Nerd Rooted
Mozag
Realm: Several on EU.

Unread post by Mozag »

I took my first hunter to Pandaria this afternoon, and had two tames in mind at level 85.
First:

The delightful Peony, who posed no problems whatsoever and looks lovely to boot.

And...

Exactly 2 hours and 24 minutes after taming the crane, I found Savage. I had searched for tracks for about half an hour when I spotted the first one, and naturally went in the wrong direction. After remembering what people had said about his tracks being backwards, I turned around, finally found them again, and solidly followed him (with two misses where he JUST went out of my flare range and I had tigers attacking me) until at long last I managed to freeze him, re-flare him as he phased out and hit tame. I had SO much fun. And now I can finally begin questing!
Neilaren
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Shu'halo (H), Mok'nathal (A)

Unread post by Neilaren »

Not 90 yet, so this is the only tame I've done so far... Bristlespine!
The name isn't original but all my friends said I should do it... :P

Attachments
WoWScrnShot_092712_123943.jpeg
WoWScrnShot_092712_123943.jpeg (212.17 KiB) Viewed 3180 times
Serryn
Realm: Area 52

Unread post by Serryn »

Hi! I'm not able to post pictures at the moment (server restart), but I wanted to take the time to thank Kalliope for all her videos on YouTube. After watching the videos last night I was able to tame all of the new rares but Glimmer; I saw the tracks but missed out. Now I'm out of room in my stable. :(

Congrats on all of the tames!
Kalliope

Glad to have helped! :D Welcome to the forums!

YouTube Edition

Chimera
Realm: Nesingwary (H), Silver Hand (A), Moon Guard (A)

Unread post by Chimera »

So, we have a few here...

Unknown name as of right now... well, technically his name is Franknsteve cause of a tag team pair of groupies who i was with but im not actually keeping the name (i also fed him a Kibler's Bit for size xD)

Jiggers

Janie (named after my real cat Janie who is dark grey with very faint stripe and spot pattering and has eyes that are yellow and green at any given time)

Unknown name as of right now

And once more, Bloodtooth who is now known as Vicejaw. We're taking a stroll with his wild self :lol:

Frostmarrow by LupisDarkmoon

| Dragon Cave | Magistream | Flight Rising |

RHMakonea
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord (H/A)

Unread post by RHMakonea »

As soon as I hit lvl 90 I found the tracks of My Portent now named Shadow. If I run into the green colored version I might tame that one too but I'm really enjoying the dark purple colored version right now

I had to hunt for a good while before I tamed Glimmer (had flying by then) I lost his tracks several times before I finally made him mine. I really enjoy him he's so far my favorite Pandaria pet

I finally got Patrannache, ran into the tracks while doing some dailies I really do enjoy her especially the pink

I almost didn't go after Savage, but while spotting the tracks while passing by I couldn't resist <3 He's replaced my Sambas and I absolutely love him

It's not a rare but I am really enjoying my ghost Wolf a lot more then I thought I would, He doesn't stand out that much but I'm bonding with him and enjoy the spooky look.

Last edited by RHMakonea on Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Signature by the Wonderful Britany

My DeviantArt