archaeology changes

Read-only since Patch 4.1 is now live.
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

archaeology changes

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

WoW Insider article posted today about potential changes in archaeology. What I'm most excited about:

"We also have some plans to make it slightly easier to focus on races upon which you want to focus."

Maybe I'll finally get the Tol'vir mount and minipet. And the Nerubian bug costume.
Sarayana
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Ysera-US, Nesingwary-US

Re: archaeology changes

Unread post by Sarayana »

Oooooh! I agree with some of the commenters that there are other annoyances (like the very large digsites or the bug with the surveying) but I'm VERY excited to see these changes. I can't wait to have more time to max it and work on all those lovely rare items. :)

Much gratitude to Spiritbinder for the signature and Vephriel for the avatar! <3

Royi

Realm: Ysera

Unread post by Royi »

I'm excited about more items. I personally would like to see more leveling BOA options. Or frankly, turn those random lower level BOA epics into scaling from 1-80.

Even some of the flavor items would be awesome if they would become BOA too. IE being able to send my Naga-Xform thingy to a lower level toon for instance.
:) ~ Formally known as Royi ~
lilatha

Realm: EU-Emerald Dream

Unread post by lilatha »

Ooooooooo I might actully finish leveling this :o .... Not like I started back on the 7th dec or anything and didn't finish it yet .... Nooooo not me *gigggles*
Sarayana
Realm: Ysera-US, Nesingwary-US

Unread post by Sarayana »

I've no idea what you mean Lil. *hides profession book behind back* ;)

Much gratitude to Spiritbinder for the signature and Vephriel for the avatar! <3

Zangor
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Lightbringer-US Nessingwary-US

Unread post by Zangor »

i think they need to add a weapon or armor piece for level 85 dps classes tat use agility rouges and hunters got kinda shafted as far as hte weapon/armor items go
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

I'd love to see an epic Troll bow perhaps, or maybe a Dwarven gun. Ranged weapon would be great to acquire from Archaeology. :)
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

Vephriel wrote:I'd love to see an epic Troll bow perhaps, or maybe a Dwarven gun. Ranged weapon would be great to acquire from Archaeology. :)
This ^

Would be awesome!

I remember reading somewhere about other suggestions for archeology items that could be found, and some one suggested a (lvl 85) Rhok due to the fact that like the Zin (troll) sword, it's no longer in the game and had such a beautiful model. I'm guessing it would be more of a Night Elf artifact however, but still a nice suggestion in my opinion.

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Azzrazzah
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary is the Shizznit,

Unread post by Azzrazzah »

I wish most of the epic items had lower CD's on them

I Came...I Saw...I Tamed

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

I'd like some sort of flying mount like a frostwrym or something. Maybe an undead Wyvern or something like the bone raptor mount I mean as in just bone.
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

Spiritbinder wrote:I remember reading somewhere about other suggestions for archeology items that could be found, and some one suggested a (lvl 85) Rhok due to the fact that it's no longer in the game and had such a beautiful model. a nice suggestion in my opinion.
ooo, I agree! Was sad when I realized I wouldn't be able to get that bow.
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

cowmuflage wrote:I'd like some sort of flying mount like a frostwrym or something. Maybe an undead Wyvern or something like the bone raptor mount I mean as in just bone.
Within the link they also said "and add more to Fossils in general since you end up with so many Fossil sites." so I'm totally voting your idea for president!... with the possible addition of a skeleton one of these babies! :D

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
SylviaDragon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Drenden/illidan

Unread post by SylviaDragon »

I hope they will eventually open up this prof to everyone and not just those with cata. It would really make my day. Think it will happen someday or am I just being wishful? seeing how i can get all the other profs, it dosnt seem too impossible to me. *prays for more arch changes*

Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

Why wouldn't you purchase Cata?

I doubt they're going to open it up for people without the expansion, since it drops 85 gear and stuff.

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

SylviaDragon wrote:I hope they will eventually open up this prof to everyone and not just those with cata. It would really make my day. Think it will happen someday or am I just being wishful? seeing how i can get all the other profs, it dosnt seem too impossible to me. *prays for more arch changes*
That's never gonna happen because it drops items that require cata for you to even find/use them.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Xella
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Skywall-US

Unread post by Xella »

It might happen two or three expacs down the line (the same way that players who don't have Burning Crusade have access to Jewelcrafting trainers now, since they're not only in Exodar, Silvermoon, and Shatt), but I don't think it'll happen any time soon.
Current main: Xella-Skywall | Art Stuffs | Brains.
Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Xella wrote:It might happen two or three expacs down the line (the same way that players who don't have Burning Crusade have access to Jewelcrafting trainers now, since they're not only in Exodar, Silvermoon, and Shatt), but I don't think it'll happen any time soon.
Yeah but JCing was a main profession while Archeology is secondary and not necessary compared to JCing. So makes it even less likely that they'll allow non-cata users to even use it.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

SylviaDragon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Drenden/illidan

Unread post by SylviaDragon »

Saturo wrote:Why wouldn't you purchase Cata?

I doubt they're going to open it up for people without the expansion, since it drops 85 gear and stuff.

ugh. i have a old dinosaur for a comp x.X it cant handle another Xpack so im stuck in bc untill we can afford a new comp.

Zangor
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Lightbringer-US Nessingwary-US

Unread post by Zangor »

Spiritbinder wrote:
cowmuflage wrote:I'd like some sort of flying mount like a frostwrym or something. Maybe an undead Wyvern or something like the bone raptor mount I mean as in just bone.
Within the link they also said "and add more to Fossils in general since you end up with so many Fossil sites." so I'm totally voting your idea for president!... with the possible addition of a skeleton one of these babies! :D

thats a possible flying mount :D bats already have the potential to be flying mounts as they are used as taxis and on some NPCs and the pterodax shares its skeleton and animations with the bats so i would not be too shocked if they decided to edit it into a rideable mount fo fossil archeology *crosses fingers*
Azzrazzah
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary is the Shizznit,

Unread post by Azzrazzah »

Mmmmm what about a new pet for hunter's that do Archaeology.. Say those lovely skeletal Wind Serpents (undead) that are flying around the south of Tanaris?? I mean, why not we have the skeletal mount, the skeletal mini pet.. Make the skeletal hunter pet for us!!

I Came...I Saw...I Tamed