Tame wars: The molten front. Are YOU prepared?

Read-only since Patch 4.2 is now live.
Sasrei
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: US - Icecrown, Nesinwary

Tame wars: The molten front. Are YOU prepared?

Unread post by Sasrei »

Ok cant get into the ptr cause well live servers are down so obviously everyone has to go to the ptr *glares* I miss talking to my guildies!

The rares in Mount hyjal will probably be alot safer from those who want to kill them then of course say big huge spiders or.. now a crab and a cat.

From what I see the crab and cat share the same rock to spawn on so I am guessing they also share the same spawn timer as well, making it equally difficult to get them. The crab seems to be doing well from himself but Skarr obviously not so much, and the spiders as well.So what I would love to see if maybe them (except Deth of course) having some sort of frenzy at 30% health which increases there speed by alot and does a huge increase in damage. Yes I know there is an arguement about oh how epic these guys would be to kill but they arent.. to kill them, just kite the spiders and do a sick amount of damage to the cat and whoopie do you killed a sought after rare that people have been actually camping for.

Worst part is that all of these rares have only one spawn point, most do not path whatsoever so anyone recall the huge heart ache of camping Arcturis? We as hunters will have to deal with other hunters, stacking on you, trying to interrupt your tame, try to kill you on the pvp server, and try to kill the rare so that you dont get it. That alone is enough to make it so stressful for a hunter so I hope others will think of that before they "see rare, must kill" kinda thing. If they were made specifically for us, I dont see the harm of adding the frenzy. Make the spiders fully neautral so that noone accidently somehow runs into them (I can see Kirix doing that though.. hes a speedy guy) but what do you guys thinks? Id love for tame to make you and the rare immune to attacks from others for the duration of the tame only, so if you get stunned or what not itll break and you wont be able to keep the rare "immune" to all damage until your friend gets their as you only have one choice tame it or die while waiting. I think by adding this it would prevent the DS/shoot then rare dies cause noone will let the person tame it.
Last edited by Sasrei on Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.

thank you Ashaine and Kurenio!!!!

Bodhran
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Alexstrasza

Re: New rares excited and yet so fearful at the same time

Unread post by Bodhran »

Like what was brought up in another locked thread rares arn't just for hunters. Blizz has already made it as distasteful for non hunters to kill them with the tear but that will not stop a person that is a dick but well within their right to be a dick. Not something I like but hey that is how the dice rolls sometimes. And you are right it will become a pissing match sometimes like it did and still does with Arcturis. I know that was and still is the worst camp in the game for a unique skinned pet. (Had the worst hunter on hunter crap over him).

I just don't see the need for more special things in the hunter's favor. *shrugs*

ImageImage
ImageImage

Hunter:
-Hunters now earn Valor Points when they are effectively Vote Kicked from a Dungeon Finder group.
-Ettin’s Grip (new talent) allows the hunter to equip two ranged weapons simultaneously.

Dream skins to tame:
Fandral Staghelm Fire Cat Form. Kor'kron War/Veteran/Warbringer of the Horde PVP wolf mount. Xuen/Litter of Xuen! Legion Wolf Boss.
Sasrei
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Sasrei »

Oh heck it was locked? Didnt know that.. havent gotten that far down the board yet. Was busy staring at Skarr and Karken..

All I am adding is suggestions, thats it. No arguements allowed, agree or disagree thats all it is.

I am just adding if you would like to be a dick now it could just be a ton harder to be a dick ^.^ more challenge is what they want isnt it?

I never did truly camp for Arcturis but I read the horror stories.. and I am working my way to be prepared for "Tame wars: The molten front"

Nubhorns
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: WrA

Unread post by Nubhorns »

Edit: Holy textwall, Batman! *cringe* Sorry about that. xD

Rares are gonna die. Sorry. This isn't World of Huntercraft and we're spoiled enough as-is - people ask for a challenge, they get a challenge and want unbeatable, unkillable rares, and you know if we had that on a silver platter we'd complain about it being too easy.

There are always gonna be jerks, and there are always gonna be times where you miss the critter you want oh-so-badly, but this is a big, big game and the world still spins every time Skippy the Frost Mage kills and loots a tameable rare or I punch Loque in the face for the fifteenth time until he gives me that damned cloak...

Oh, where was I? Right, well, what I mean to say is that life goes on, rares will respawn, and there's really no point in being afraid. Remember how popular Madexx was only a month or so ago? I can't go anywhere on Live without tripping over him anymore, because the zone is empty. Loque is almost always there to be punchedbe rehomed because Sholazar is old news and no one goes there anymore except for the odd alt. The same will happen with these guys, and odds are you're going to find a greater population of people who will notify a hunter about the rares than people who knowingly go "hurr this is a hunter pet imma kill it lol" - notice how I'm not including people who simply don't know better. This is one situation where it's beneficial to be optimistic. If you look at it and go "EVERYONE IS A RAGING DOUCHEBAG" than the occasional raging douchebag is going to stand out much more than the people who spend time to rehome and protect the tameable critters roaming around. :) Not everyone on the Internet is a jerk - we can just be a little abrasive sometimes, hah. ;P

The mobs here have the misfortune of being challenging tames and challenging kills. That is, unfortunately, how it will always be, but there's no reason to be so negative and worried about it. It is, after all, just a game.

As for the 'tame wars', all I can suggest is being polite. This isn't usually a problem - everyone on the PTR so far(with the exception of one person) has been very friendly to other hunters in the area. You can share campsites, you can share times, you can share good lucks and well wishes. Just because Bob got Sparkle McFoofoobutt doesn't mean the world is over, after all - it means you have a time and you can go drink delicious chocolate milk and take a break. :D It's hard to not get defensive when camping, from my personal experience, but being friendly goes a loooong way.

|| deviantART || armory || magistream ||

Sasrei
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Sasrei »

(dont worry about it: I also usually have a wall of text.. oddly pointing out the same things cause after awhile of typing I forget my point have to go back to it :lol:)

I... I just want to sit back and watch people die trying to kill the spider Ive been camping for weeks on ends but ended up dying that last time to come back to see you kill it. Cause 1. its fun. 2. its hilarious. 3. its amazing 4. its awesome!

Thing is THIS IS MOLTEN FRONT! *kicks* .. sorry. You recall how popular TB is and still is, and will be for quite sometime. This is the new TB, theres dailies to be done, bosses to kill and dailies to be done. There will not be a time for a long long long long time that there be alot less people there. Uldum is popular but not as a popular as before because people leveled and moved on. So madexx has somewhat of a chance to survive and he doesnt have 6 other rares spawning in the same zone.

For the amazing people who do tell people rares are up I have one thing to say "I love you!" "you rock" "your amazing" and "your the most amazingnest awesomest person in the world!" I dont think everyone is out to kill rares and that they all suck and should go die in a fire but I know the heart ache that is to come, and will do what I can to help out hunters. Which is why I have gone out and tamed the ptr spiders. Yes I do feel somewhat bad for having some multiples across servers but if I can find an easiear way to tame them so theres less chance of you dying and having that rare you want stolen on you its worth it to me, in the long run.

Man I have alot of run on sentences..
So ill edit my topic ^.^
Mostly.. I just want to see people run and die from big spiders.. yes I am sick and twisted individual.

Tsiya
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary

Unread post by Tsiya »

Sasrei wrote: Mostly.. I just want to see people run and die from big spiders.. yes I am sick and twisted individual.
That's why we love you!

My pets - My companions

Sig by Sookie!

Macha
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Re: Tame wars: The molten front. Are YOU prepared?

Unread post by Macha »

With everyone wanting to go explore the Molten Front coupled with the fact that my Horde server (the server where I have my Hunter that collects spirit-y pets) is vastly underpopulated, I think I'll have a good chance to pick up the two cats and the owl.

Not that interested in the spiders, but I might people watch them and see how many players go "Oh, a rare! MUST. KILL." and get squashed as a result. :P

Thanks to Serenith for the awesome avatar and signature! Team Kirix all the way!
Bodhran
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Bodhran »

I don't like dick-y ppl and I'm not saying its a bad idea per-say I'm just not going to hold out hope for them to do that. It would of course be hella nice if it did happen.

I hate the crap I have seen and have had happen to me and my bro on our hunters on Alexstrazsa and that is not half the kind of immature crap I hear happen to a lot of the rest of the ppl on here. People on older or more populated realms. (Guess mine is not as old/populated as I thought lol)

I'd love a kind of bubble/arua/buff/de-buff w/e etc. that stopped ganking or killing of the pet. I think that would cause much less panic for hunters when NPCScan goes off.

I just know that like all other things in WoW they need to keep it balanced for all toons and classes and in somethings it means letting dicks be dicks.

Though seeing a non-hunter toon being pwn-ed by a 'hunter' rare would make me LOL in the biggest way. Even more so if I was looking for that rare or working on taming it.
Last edited by Bodhran on Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ImageImage
ImageImage

Hunter:
-Hunters now earn Valor Points when they are effectively Vote Kicked from a Dungeon Finder group.
-Ettin’s Grip (new talent) allows the hunter to equip two ranged weapons simultaneously.

Dream skins to tame:
Fandral Staghelm Fire Cat Form. Kor'kron War/Veteran/Warbringer of the Horde PVP wolf mount. Xuen/Litter of Xuen! Legion Wolf Boss.
Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Someone said there was a locked topic....I just looked and the topics seem to still be open.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Bodhran
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Bodhran »

Jessibelle wrote:Someone said there was a locked topic....I just looked and the topics seem to still be open.
I did and I was talking about one in the taming stories section sry for the misunderstanding. It (the thread I'm talking about not this one) just turned from a tame story into a thread about who had the rights to tamable rares and it kind of reminded me about the info in this thread. I'd link it but don't want to make a fire fest over the info. :|

ImageImage
ImageImage

Hunter:

Dream skins to tame:
Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Bodhran wrote:
Jessibelle wrote:Someone said there was a locked topic....I just looked and the topics seem to still be open.
I did and I was talking about one in the taming stories section sry for the misunderstanding. It (the thread I'm talking about not this one) just turned from a tame story into a thread about who had the rights to tamable rares and it kind of reminded me about the info in this thread. I'd link it but don't want to make a fire fest over the info. :|
Oh that. I think I know which one you speak of. I don't think it was so much of rights that got it locked than it was people just chasing their own tails at that point.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Kurenio
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Ner'zhul

Unread post by Kurenio »

Just saying combining wrath rares with cata rares there is now a total of 27 rares... more then 25 blizzard I officially need more slots >.>

My Characters
Signatures thanks to the amazing Sookie,Kuraine,
Rongar, Serenith and Me!
"Follow my heart, Follow my head, I'll follow anything to get to her heart."
12 hunters and 10 other classes being leveled.

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

I don't think hunters should get anything like this we get enough stuff allready from blizz we don't need anything else. Hunters nowadays are just getting greedyer and greedyer.
Sasrei
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Sasrei »

Yah for hunters its npcscanner goes blaring and we lose our minds, and screw up taming.. and now with how hard these rares are to tame and how much you can screw yourself up especially with that shock of

1. npcscanner blaring at you.
2. finding the rare you wanted so badly which is enough stress as it is.
3. screwing up and forgetting key points (which will happen)
4. a ton of people around you which makes it 100 times more stressful cause of that whats ifs and with the areas these guys spawn, its pretty much out in the open and they are huge you wont miss them basically. So thats so much stress to your kiting as you may be trying to find certain spots to kite to detract attention. Which is ALOT different then every other single rare, even those you cant trap (aka King krush, ghostcrawler) but you dont have to kite. Just sit still, hit tame and pray. So you cant find a safe enough place to tame most of them really...

And by now you would think since cata has been out for so long to think they wont drop anything besides the tear. Especially since not a single tameable cata mob drops anything besides the tear and it has right on the portriat when you click the mob "do something in order to tame it".

Plus.. I want to see the rares fight back like little ghost cralwer! They deserve it! they dont agro you (essentially) unlike all other mobs so.. be nice to the rares of 4.2. They just want a nice home! Its so much better then death or having to hear those friggen Avatars 24/7. They are just lost little rares.. hoping to find a good home.

Sigrah
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Area 52

Unread post by Sigrah »

I'm as prepared as they get - I'm not going after any of them. I only have room for 25 pets, and none of these new ones beat out what I currently have in my collection. I already have the 6 spirit beasts currently on live, and none of the 3 new ones appeal to me enough to dump one from my collection. I don't PVP, do none of the 6 spider "Hot Rods" are of use to me. Besides, I still like the shale spiders better. And the two gem / obsidian skinned creatures don't appeal to me in any way, shape or form.
Sasrei
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Sasrei »

Wow.. thats pretty prepared :lol:

Neurotoxinx
Realm: Maelstrom (RP-PvP)

Unread post by Neurotoxinx »

I'm not prepared.

I'll be laying low for a couple of months and then go after a couple of them. It would just be too stressful being both busy because of a new release, and being on a PvP server. I can wait.
Bodhran
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Bodhran »

I'll I can say is that I'm not holding out hope for baggin' any of the rares right off the bat when 4.2 goes live. Like I said in another post my realm is not an very big/old realm but the hunters on there seem to know about the good stuff right out the gate. Though they are not a chatty bunch and I can't blame them I don't need more ppl after 'my' rare/s and that seems to be their view as well. lol

That being said old/heavily pop servers and PVP have it worse off.

I'd just do the dailies and work towards that mount and mini pets and if you see one that you want go after it/them and say a silent prayer to the RNG Gods that you gets it and no knuckle dragging dick gets in your way and borgarts your luck.

Get your 'naked button' ready if you are going after the kitties and make sure you have the bag space for removing your armor and no matter what you are going after I say keep as many open tame slots open for your new buddies. Nothing sux more then having a full load of pets and having to make a on the fly decision of which pet gets the ax.

And my fav OFF HOUR HUNTING! ;D Just my $0.02

ImageImage
ImageImage

Hunter:

Dream skins to tame:
Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Uh.

I'm taming Kirix on a PvP server.

I am no longer prepared.

x_x

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Sasrei
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Sasrei »

Kalli.. why the pvp server :lol: are you insane?! *hugs* you can do it!

Oh yes I am prepared, will go with alot of space. Mammoth makes vendoring much easier. I also have a naked quipment manager thing that not even a sec later I am prepared.

And for the others.. I plan on finishing the dailies and getting into molten front as fast I can. And odd hours.. alot of em